Forums

Forum Moderator Appreciation. Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 181-182-399-64817577

Maynne

Maynne

Forum Moderator Posts: 52,416 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aeroxmaster said :
The new part to it that I noticed (relatively new to my eyes anyway) is giving an option for an unlock. Most of the time this option is not offered from what I have seen and the thread has to be started all over again with the feedback taken on board, losing discussion which already took place on the locked one.

Our formal protocol is no fmod can formally reverse what another fmod did. I gave a clear consent for the thread be unlockable by a FH fmod if the thread author can commit that the change requested will be conformed which he did. In other words, it is a reversed-psychology catch-all :) The FH fmod was given delegated power to reverse my lock due to my consent.

In that instance, the true credit should go to the thread author. He made a thread that has valid topic, with only a small problem that is easy to fix from his side. And most of all he committed to cooperate.

So in other words, the credit is not mine. I hope more forumers are willing to cooperate, there is always opportunity for that.

19-Mar-2015 00:38:11 - Last edited on 19-Mar-2015 00:42:51 by Maynne

Jones
Jun
fmod Member

Jones

Forum Moderator Posts: 35,743 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would like to say thank you to Tren and Applejuiceaj specifically -- they always assist with clearing Forum Help when it seems backed up a lot. :)

24-Mar-2015 04:55:12 - Last edited on 24-Mar-2015 22:08:43 by Jones

Hyles
Feb Member 2023

Hyles

Posts: 6,699 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Unfortunately, I had to take a break from the game for a bit due to a family member's death and having to help deal with estate distribution and whatnot. I expected quite a few changes to occur while I was gone, yet I was pleasantly surprised. I came back to the same FMod team just as active as before, which is great to see. You guys do an excellent job cleaning up the forums, and even better is that you all work together so well like a strong cohesive team. I'm very happy that I can be active again and get to catch up with all of you!

Thanks for all that you guys do! See you around the forums!
~Hyles~

"The man who acquires the ability to take full possession of his own mind
may take possession of anything else to which he is justly entitled."
~Andrew Carnegie

28-Mar-2015 21:54:00

Maxi

Maxi

Posts: 36,328 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Estrella the gorgeous, Mexk the witty, Applejuiceaj the delicious, Tranquility the Reaper and Louiellen the thoughtful.

Great people, love you guys. Whether what you do on the forums or just having a chat, you people are exquisite.
Old forum user.

29-Mar-2015 10:15:33

Wynd

Wynd

Posts: 60,551 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The team as a whole deserves a standing ovation for their dedication to the forums.

However, I would like to thank, specifically, those Forum Moderators that:

Engage in the community. That is, in normal conversations and/or posting on threads that suggest ideas. Usually, people see Forum Moderators as a police force and if you check their profiles, some may have lots of locked threads and that may lead someone to believe so. I admire those that participate in regular and ongoing dialogues.

Allow individuals to amend their mistakes rather than locking their threads and/or hiding their posts at first sight. Yes, I am aware that Forum Moderators follow guidelines on how to moderator. Nonetheless, I have witnessed a few that opt to educate forum users so that those mistakes are not repeated ever again.

Are open-minded. In other words, those moderators that, no matter their position, can still contribute regularly on a thread. I guess I wish to use the word "unbiased" here.

In any case, thanks for your unstoppable voluntary work.

31-Mar-2015 07:09:59

Quick find code: 181-182-399-64817577 Back to Top