Forums

Forum Moderator Appreciation. Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 181-182-399-64817577

Hyles
Feb Member 2023

Hyles

Posts: 6,699 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Happy 11-year Modiversary to our two "wisest" (a.k.a. oldest) FMods, Granny Tren and Grandpa Tuffty. Glad you guys made it another year!

But seriously, thanks for all you guys do. Both of you have made a lasting impact on the forums, and although you get some hate from time to time, most of us really appreciate all the effort and time you have dedicated to the forums.

But hey, now you guys can officially call yourselves "tween" mods! You still have 2 years to go before you enter those dreadful teen years, so keep enjoying it while it lasts! ;)

P.S. The older twin is still better looking. :P
~Hyles~

"The man who acquires the ability to take full possession of his own mind
may take possession of anything else to which he is justly entitled."
~Andrew Carnegie

04-May-2016 01:07:23 - Last edited on 04-May-2016 01:09:02 by Hyles

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,160 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Hyles

Cheers for that. Yes 11 years and counting. Only 363 days till 12 years lol.

It's been fun and still enjoy it. Don't worry about the haters. I'm sure we both have thick skin now after all this time.

I never take any hate personal so I sleep well at night... ;)
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

06-May-2016 11:52:13

Devised
Jul Member 2023

Devised

Posts: 3,690 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maynne said :

I would like to briefly discuss about the subtopic raised on the last page of the predecessor thread. That a forum mod may feel bad if he/she is not complimented as often as his/her peers. For me personally, based-on my experience with the fmod team -- doesn't happen at all.

As part of this role, Jagex employees have reminded us time-and-time again not to take things here on a personal level. I myself is willing to play as
the devil
, as long as I can help keep this forum in peaceful and orderly situation. When I see troublemakers getting-out of their way to flame me, that means one thing - that I'm effective with my role.

People chosen for this role have to have thick skin, strong will power and the most important: our heart is in the right place . In other words, if you're a chicken - prepare yourself to be roasted by forum trolls the very moment you go public: a forum mod candidate will not survive fmodship if he/she is chicken.

A very edgy post my friend.

06-May-2016 18:38:21

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,017 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would like to post a thank you to Raaf

I pm'd Raaf and pulled him out of the game to moderate the General Forum as there was a bit of a problem (half a page of problems actually).

He very graciously came into the forums and attended to the offending threads.

Well done, thank you!
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

09-May-2016 11:51:13 - Last edited on 09-May-2016 11:52:33 by Malua

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For a split second, I read this as "Forum Moderator Applications." and was like "Wait, what??"

ROFL, but yeah I reread the title and then came here to share that. xD
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate .

16-May-2016 08:16:07

Epicus

Epicus

Posts: 38,483 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*peaks head in* Just thought I'd pop by to see how everyone is going! I see that a few of the Moderators have been moderating for 11 years? Impressive! All the best for the many years to come, hopefully. :)

25-May-2016 12:01:38

Tranq
Nov
fmod Member

Tranq

Forum Moderator Posts: 61,815 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Epicus said :
*peaks head in* Just thought I'd pop by to see how everyone is going! I see that a few of the Moderators have been moderating for 11 years? Impressive! All the best for the many years to come, hopefully. :)

It's scary to think about it but in a couple month's I'll have been green for 9 years. My my how the time flies...
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

25-May-2016 19:37:49

Quick find code: 181-182-399-64817577 Back to Top