Forums

Holly Wreath

Quick find code: 17-18-538-66220496

99 Div Skill

99 Div Skill

Posts: 575 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Most people believe it looks ugly. But the avatar model is being updated for the first time since 2012. Common criticisms are it is diminutive and looks worse than the crown of seasons.

Do you believe the avatar model rework could work in this item's favour? If anything, I believe it will fall even further behind the classic rares.

28-Jun-2021 19:00:29

InLightOf
Nov Member 2023

InLightOf

Posts: 87 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@99 DIV SKILL Lmao! your the best! Idc if people are trashing Holly honestly everyone is entitled to what they think and you sir know what I think ;) Much respect to you brother.

At least there are people like you in this world who can have a fun discussion. I swear the Holly/Holy wreath brings out the demons dwelling deep in this game ;)
Run from the Light Demons lol

I loved the look before the update, I love the look now (enhanced) developing team did a great job. The Holly wreath is a symbol of change, I personally love the creative team behind RuneScape they are doing a fantastic job.

Loving the updates that “New School” is providing. Holly is a part of that symbolic change and is the most iconic item (my opinion) of “New School” RuneScape

Thank You @JEREMY CHENG and @RAPHTALIA6 <3 we finally agree on something :D
”Knowledge is worth more than any amount of money” -InLightOf
“If you think the Devil is scary wait til you meet God<3,”~~~INRI~~~

28-Jun-2021 19:18:56

InLightOf
Nov Member 2023

InLightOf

Hello @R O T S, The Holly wreath received a graphical update on the 23rd of October 2017. it can be found under updates. Search Holly Wreath in RS Wiki read the update section :)

@EMO VIRGIN I don’t get it do you not like having a beautiful woman on you at all times ?“Holly” ;)

28-Jun-2021 20:55:01

Bo Alt

Bo Alt

Posts: 12 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not gonna lie I was a little sad after seeing so much Holly Wreath hate on that other thread, and then it got locked for price manip LOL (which is fair enough)

But as someone with a Holly Wreath right now I don't really have any speculation on impact of the upcoming character model rework. Don't really hold any strong opinion whether it will have some positive effect, negative effect, or do nothing at all.

Personally, I'm just hoping they eventually make it look nicer with more hairstyles since it crops certain hairstyles in a little weird way at the moment.

But yeah, I just like the item since its niche and cool even if it's not as widely popular cosmetically as e.g. a Black Santa or Partyhat. I like how unique it is, and that subtle feel to it - similar to how I like the look of the Orlando Smith Hat which tbh just looks like a super plain hat lmao (I'm a fan of that sort of thing)

29-Jun-2021 02:48:49 - Last edited on 29-Jun-2021 02:55:11 by Bo Alt

InLightOf
Nov Member 2023

InLightOf

@Bo ALT <3 Try not to let anyone steal your shine it’s about how you feel about your item. Hopefully you were a little entertained :)

They couldn’t handle the truth bomb, especially when it includes math :P

Holly is like a fine beautiful woman! Looks amazing on woman too.

No hard feelings against the mods they were ultimately doing their job and I was testing the limits of freedom of speech. It’s great to do that from time to time. Still doesn’t change how I truly feel.

Just grateful Jagex isn’t pure Nazi no freedom. @99 DIV SKILL your a legend

Love you guys even you mods,

P.s som1 get Theos a Holly it would look appropriate :) (I really like your name)

29-Jun-2021 03:14:13

Trip180

Trip180

Posts: 16,702 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
emo virgin said :
it looks good on specific female characters.

on males u just look like wannabe jesus

Its accurately priced at like 9-10 imo

probably wont keep up with bsh and phats but will go up inevitably
People used to love 3a druidic wreaths.

Holly wreath is probably popular with some. It just has too many look-a-likes. Maybe it could rise. Who knows? At one point, wreath was 2x santa hat. So, I wouldn't want to buy until that ratio reverts. And it might not revert, of course.
I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

30-Jun-2021 04:41:34

InLightOf
Nov Member 2023

InLightOf

@Trip180 fair enough, the same thing can also be said about party hats as well “too many look-a-likes” not only does it have 6 colours to compete with it has a plethora of other crown options in game as well.

The thing Holly has going for her is meaning, rarity and oh so beautiful looks :P

Rarity I believe will play a huge factor eventually. it might have less then blue phat.

As the Holly wreath rises I also believe it will make some of its “look a-likes” a lot more valuable such as wreath crown tokens. ( I think they are discontinued now) RS Wiki source

It is more rare then the community thinks. Look up BSH on RS wiki read the third trivia point. It’s interesting.

Whether it rises or not it will always be keepsaked on my account <3

30-Jun-2021 06:49:41

Quick find code: 17-18-538-66220496 Back to Top