Forums

Holly Wreath

Quick find code: 17-18-538-66220496

InLightOf
Nov Member 2023

InLightOf

Posts: 87 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Trip180 fair enough, the same thing can also be said about party hats as well “too many look-a-likes” not only does it have 6 colours to compete with it has a plethora of other crown options in game as well.

The thing Holly has going for her is meaning, rarity and oh so beautiful looks :P

Rarity I believe will play a huge factor eventually. it might have less then blue phat.

As the Holly wreath rises I also believe it will make some of its “look a-likes” a lot more valuable such as wreath crown tokens. ( I think they are discontinued now) RS Wiki source

It is more rare then the community thinks. Look up BSH on RS wiki read the third trivia point. It’s interesting.

Whether it rises or not it will always be keepsaked on my account <3
”Knowledge is worth more than any amount of money” -InLightOf
“If you think the Devil is scary wait til you meet God<3,”~~~INRI~~~

30-Jun-2021 06:49:43

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,655 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah possible positive impact on its price less so regarding the player avatar new faces but the new detailed hair would complement these items appearance for sure even if the wreath isn't itself changed at all. We'll have to wait and see how the prices of other headslot rares are changed due to the avatar rework and how that will affect wreath price. Forum avatars being graphically updated alongside the avatar refresh could also have an impact on the wreath's price.

30-Jun-2021 07:17:39

Theos
Aug
fmod Member

Theos

Forum Moderator Posts: 23,574 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Amy Amie said :
I do love the Holly Wreath, and I love that I have an item that only 1,000 people have (minus any lost due to banned/inactive accounts).

That fact certainly makes the Holly Wreath an attractive, and unique item. Thinking about the number of maxed and completionist players out there, the quantity of these in existence is far lower the number of maxed players to own one.

In terms of vanity, it isn't the most popular choice by a lot of people. I have seen some people who are incredibly creative with some of the outfits available and have provided some serious inspiration from what's available on Solomon's store.
Forum Moderator

30-Jun-2021 13:28:58

Divine Gaze
Aug Member 2023

Divine Gaze

Posts: 178 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
InLightOf said :

They couldn’t handle the truth bomb, especially when it includes math :P

Your math of comparing apples to oranges? you are comparing the xmas scythe wich is a weapon slot item and can be worn alongside head slot items with a headslot item; imagine...
Some people like to show of their wealth and having a weapon slot rare makes this a bit easier
Also their is no facts to support your so called 'maths' you believe that wreath should be x amount this or that rare but based on what... your own opinion
And your so called truth bomb is based on your opinion wich makes it subjective and therefor might or might not be 'truth' depending on the general opinion

InLightOf said :

The thing Holly has going for her is meaning, rarity and oh so beautiful looks :P

Beautiful looks are subjective it can be ugly or beautiful depending on who you ask generally less people like it so this already cuts out part of the demand
then we have meaning; what does it mean, might mean something to you but nothing to another person again subjective; and just in case you try to argue it means something in game; doubt it has more meaning than a phat wich has been here since the dawn of days and is generally an icon for the game itself
wich brings me to rarity wich already has been explained that its not the only price driving factor lets say 5000 players and 1000 apples in game but only 3 people perceive them as beautiful then thats a very low demand and the price wont go up as there is not enough people to sell em to as only 3/5k would consider buying an apple

@theos why lock threads and allow 4 new to pop up wich have to be shut down again costing you and your fellow mods time; seems a bandaid solution to me
Why should I hate those weaker than myself? I only pity them

30-Jun-2021 17:38:11 - Last edited on 30-Jun-2021 17:41:29 by Divine Gaze

InLightOf
Nov Member 2023

InLightOf

Thanks for some insightful info ;) @AmeliaErnest and Theos<3
(Especially the banned/inactive account info)

Update, Forgot to mention @Jeremy Cheng, your a legend!

and Bo :)

01-Jul-2021 03:36:28 - Last edited on 01-Jul-2021 04:42:38 by InLightOf

Bo Alt

Bo Alt

Posts: 12 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Agreed with AmeliaErnest and Theos, the fact that it is one of the few rares in the game with a number that has been confirmed officially by Jagex is powerful stuff, although that 1000 number is common knowledge now.

Anecdotally, at least, I know that from walking around in game - I see a lot more people wearing Partyhats compared to the Holly Wreath. Probably because a hefty number of Holly Wreath owners are also those wearing/owning phats anyway.

The only place I usually see other people wearing Holly Wreath is at W2 GE, but other than that, I pretty much never see them around. For some reason, it just makes the item feel a bit more unique and special imo.

01-Jul-2021 03:46:13

InLightOf
Nov Member 2023

InLightOf

@R O T S, Looking sharp!

It’s a cool club to be apart of, thanks so much for showing your support <3

01-Jul-2021 23:22:27

R O T S
Jun Member 2019

R O T S

Posts: 314 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi yes I love the appearance of wreath and the uniqueness of the item,

knowing that I am one of the people that owns one of the 1000 in game feels good to me.

Since we know the amount in game released there shouldn't be an issue with dupe bugs!

wreath gang :P

02-Jul-2021 15:25:44

Divine Gaze
Aug Member 2023

Divine Gaze

Posts: 178 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
R O T S said :

Since we know the amount in game released there shouldn't be an issue with dupe bugs!

So you telling me wreahts cannot be duped because we know the orignal number? please do elaborate
The way i see it we dont know the current amount in game so for all we know there might be 1100 if some slipped trough the cracks, only jagex knows how many are left in game but they also know how many santas / phats / masks etc are ingame so in general no item should have an issue with dupe bugs
Altho i do agree with part of your statement being rares in general shoudnt have an issue with dupes since liquidating 100s of rares will drive price down as suply exceeds demand in turn making the bug abusers less money (this however is purely my opinion and speculation, based on what I see as logical, and should not be taken as aboslute truth)
Why should I hate those weaker than myself? I only pity them

02-Jul-2021 19:22:48

Quick find code: 17-18-538-66220496 Back to Top