Forums

[Beware] Price Manipulation Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 17-18-512-66130254

vonSageworth

vonSageworth

Posts: 1,752 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What does 'FC' mean?

I'm greatly surprised at those who think help sections are a waste of time and energy.

Here's some common sense for you in RL:

A friend told me this and happened to a friend's friend of his. For the sake of simplicity, I'll call the victim Konrak.

Konrak was looking for a good, used laptop for whatever purpose. He put the word out by mouth to his friends. Someone said that he knew of a guy who might want to sell his laptop, for whatever reason.

Kontak and the seller got in contact with each other to find out the if they could make a deal. The laptop was less than a year old. The seller was selling it because it wasn't powerful enough for his intended usage. He needed the money from the old laptop to buy the new one he had his eye on.

Kontak put the deal on hold so he could research the price and brand. The seller had no problem with that. Kontak found out that the laptop was being sold at half price of a new one. He thought that was a good deal and decided to buy it.

They agreed upon a public meeting place. Kontak bought the laptop, complete with cables, cords, etc. Unfortunately, the place didn't have a place to plug it in. He tried to turn it on, but it didn't light up. The seller told him that he hadn't used it in a long time and the battery was dead. (By this time, red flags should have been flying up....common sense?)

He took the laptop home and tried to charge it up. What he discovered was the laptop was an empty display model. The seller had put a few weights inside the cover.

Kontak was not a stupid person, he put caution to the wind and common sense flew away. He was endlessly reminded of this unmercifully. It happens.

Keep these helpful hints coming, regardless of what others think.
Music is the Heartbeat of the World

Let's flip a coin; heads I win, tails you lose. Fair enough?

31-Dec-2019 17:00:30

punkrock9111

punkrock9111

Posts: 651 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
S 1 M O N said :
What Jagex needs to do is sort their broken currency system out, rather than promote this unhealthy bullshit. It's been proven time and again it's relatively simple to do, but they just choose not to.

Platinum tokens, like in OSRS, and recent trade history posted through GE interface (since averages for very low volume items aren't accurate). It is a very simple and quick solution.

But they do not care in the slightest.

Look at the photo booth, as an example of broken content. It has been complained about, reported hundreds upon hundreds of times. In three years time they left it broke to players' annoyance and irritatation. Then after leaving the content without being addressed for three years - three years, let that sink in - they simply removed the photo booth and the ability to update forum pictures entirely, and stated via reddit (because, you know, why use the RS mainpage or the RS forums to actually, you know, communicate with your customers) that the content 'wasn't a problem worth fixing.'

Talk about customer service. Lol.

Imagine if you called up your wifi provider because your internet kept cutting out, and they said, 'yeah we know about the problem. It's just not something worth fixing'.

All Jagex cares about is your money. They don't give a darn about improving or fixing content unless it translates to more memberships or more micro-transactions.

06-Jun-2020 17:28:38

The TomBomb
Jan Member 2012

The TomBomb

Posts: 4,497 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
punkrock9111 said :

Platinum tokens, like in OSRS, and recent trade history posted through GE interface (since averages for very low volume items aren't accurate). It is a very simple and quick solution.

Only reason I liked the removal of trade back in the day was nobody gets scammed on the ge

02-Jul-2020 18:36:40

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Added a couple of extra tips I saw and liked, to the OP. :)
Original message details are unavailable.
- Sometimes people post ranges for their own benefit and don't reflect the recent trades

- Check if price checkers ranges even reflect the trades they have listed.

- If a post looks suspicious, for example failing to mention second parties, screenshots, prices that seem very inaccurate compared to recent trades within the thread, then be very cautious.

Really wanted to add this one also, but there's no more space in the OP. :(
Original message details are unavailable.
- Some users will change their examine to claim they are accurate PC'ers, because this falls in a grey area and Fmods are unable to take action, be aware that some of these are false, they may even mention this in their post to try and deceive people.
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

01-Aug-2020 10:54:42

The contents of this message have been hidden.

26-Aug-2020 14:42:12

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,172 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@XxQcPrEmiuMx

You have been warned twice now. If you have any issues with me or the Moderation I do within these forums then use the Review thread.

Again a post was removed for flaming and accusing others or wrong doings.

Also fake transactions and manipulating posts they can't be moderated as per the rules Mod Poerkie set out not too long ago. People need to do their own research beforehand.
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

26-Aug-2020 14:57:17 - Last edited on 26-Aug-2020 15:02:10 by Tuffty

RARE T0KEN

RARE T0KEN

Posts: 70 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dosum4me21 said :
aint this whole post gonna maniulate people to sell there items people are panic selling all there items and has crashed all rares atm am i wrong?

I doubt 1 post is going to make the rare community panic sell their items, all we are seeing now is profit taking this quick pump in rares benefited a lot of people.
The superior man thinks of virtue; the small man thinks of comfort.

29-Aug-2020 03:02:14

Quick find code: 17-18-512-66130254 Back to Top