Forums

Rare inflation

Quick find code: 17-18-19-66176332

Stiff666
Aug Member 2015

Stiff666

Posts: 1,337 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have almost maxed and my next goal was to get a green phat but with the current level of inflation that seems pretty impossible, does any one know why it has gone so mad recently?

Easter egg has gone from 200m to over a bill in recent months.

21-Aug-2020 21:54:47

Psychedelic

Psychedelic

Posts: 3,796 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It is a regular thing for the Discontinued Items market.
No reason to be surprised - People are always trading them for profit.

If prices crash/people sell out it can cause a snowball effect until the price seems to be too low or the number of items being sold off slows down. If prices arent crashing you shouldn't be surprised to see things go very high. The opposite effect will occur if prices rise, people see the price is rising so they buy into the market too and the people selling raise their selling price to adjust to the higher demand.

If you ask me, Easter egg should have been 1bil like 5 years ago. They were around 200m for a long time and no one paid much attention to the market because there have been many new items and Easter Egg always seemed to be a relatively slow market. There are a couple of new eastery items that might have peaked interest in the market too and I think a lot of people just realize how rare some of the discontinued items are and how much potential profit there is to be made in long and short-term investments, but especially long-term.
Jesus Christ is The Son of The One True God.
Follow Jesus Christ for Eternal Life in Heaven!
:)

21-Aug-2020 22:40:18 - Last edited on 21-Aug-2020 22:42:16 by Psychedelic

200m Defence

200m Defence

Posts: 245 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
sir puggers youtube vid on a "dupe" happening started this whole skyrocket in rares, if that video never was released prices would probably never had skyrocketed.

Destruction said :

Extremely incorrect, video has absolutely nothing to do with items rising in price, they actually dropped a bit after that video.

You're 1 IQ if you think the video had *absolutely* nothing to do with the price rise.
Don't trust any pc's listed, any advice or talks between posts on ID forums anymore , the Manips are let loose, especially the main one with 15+ accounts posting acting as different people.. do your own research

22-Aug-2020 01:47:41 - Last edited on 22-Aug-2020 12:13:38 by 200m Defence

Corcna Virus

Corcna Virus

Posts: 321 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
200m Defence said :
sir puggers youtube vid on a "dupe" happening started this whole skyrocket in rares, if that video never was released prices would probably never had skyrocketed.

I think the dupe talk is what got your less wealthy players, those who can afford maybe 1-2 masks or so, more interested in trying to snag a rare, as they realized that if prices got much higher, they could very well be priced out of the market. Making money might be easier than ever, but keeping up with price increases of 100-200m/month? That’s hard. Even for wealthy players. You’re already spending 40m a month on bonds, losing money on various activities in game, failed merches etc, to the point that you’re looking at your bank and thinking you should have more money than you do.

Wake up and see masks have gone up 200m overnight and climbing, boom that’s it. They’re shopping for a rare

The wealthier players have always been investing in rares, but they make up a small percentage of the game. The middle class is big enough now and wealthy enough that their demand for lower rares can be the catalyst that sets off a near vertical price rise.

For easters, I was surprised to see the price of those. Just two weeks ago I was flipping those at around 775-785 for a few days. Would buy one for 775-sell for 785, would take about 2 hours to buy and 2 hours to sell, so I would do it about 3 times a day. Ended up buying something else , so when I saw a few days ago that easters were going for around 1300m, hell yeah I was pissed. But I think the volume on those is so much lower than people realize, and consequently their price is much more sensitive to hard increases in demand. If there aren’t any selling jn g.e. because the 5-6 that are traded daily have been bought up, then the next person has to try out some pretty high numbers to get it to insta buy. I think that’s what happened, there weren’t any for sale at regular price. But someone had one selling

22-Aug-2020 03:13:13

Destruction

Destruction

Posts: 63,021 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
200m Defence said :

Extremely incorrect, video has absolutely nothing to do with items rising in price, they actually dropped a bit after that video.
The action or process of causing so much damage to something that it no longer exists or cannot be repaired.

22-Aug-2020 11:54:01

SoulSplits
Nov Member 2014

SoulSplits

Posts: 4,615 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Im sorry but partyhats rising in 2020 is not the same as in the past.

It has nothing to do with a dupe, or any sort of exploitation. This specific issue lies entirely within the duel arena. RS3 has entered a state where 1b is pocket change, and 53b (max shard stack) isnt even seen as a lot. As im sure most of you know now, there are players with trillions in the duel arena. Theres several trillions sitting there. Max cash is 2147m, max shards is around 53b. The only way to get to 1 trillion is with items. So thats where partyhats come in, we are now in a state where the economy is so inflated that GP just fails as a currency. Partyhats are essentially the new "currency" for large stakes.

Current example: There is a staker by the name of Crits Only that just recently cleaned a lot if not most of the big xers in w54. He staked and won tons of partyhats, allegedly 100+. So a lot of big stakers lost their partyhats. However, they wanted to stake him again, to try to get money back or even clean Crits. The problem is that he wanted to do large stakes of partyhats - partyhats. So every staker that lost their partyhats and wanted to stake him to try to win it back were willing to instant buy partyhats at huge overpays. Which is why hats just skyrocketed like 2-3b each in the matter of 48 hours.

The old talking point of "merchants drive up the price" is just wrong. Merchants facilitate the rise, stakers drive up the prices. The problem is the economy being overinflated, staking becoming more and more popular as no one knows how else to afford partyhats at current prices without staking, plus streaming staking on rs3 is more popular now. We need a staking tax and platinum tokens. This would hopefully alleviate some inflation and prevent partyhats from acting as a currency due to the limitations of other "currency" options we have, being shards and GP.

Ofc this is just one part of the problem, but one that this is often overlooked and its a huge problem right now

23-Aug-2020 07:19:18

Quick find code: 17-18-19-66176332 Back to Top