Forums

Quick find code: 16-17-968-66195174

Adarajin
Jan Member 2005

Adarajin

Posts: 14,238 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So it was announced in "Mod Warden's Wintumber Letter 2020" that there will be a major update to our in-game avatars, and my question is, will they be fixing the photo-booth so that we can have our forum avatar's look nice again as well? Things may be looking down now, but I see a light at the end of the tunnel;
Do you think I should get off the tracks?

25-Dec-2020 05:30:55

Foxxie
Mar Member 2015

Foxxie

Posts: 2,677 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Highly doubt it. The forums have been completely abandoned by jagex.

Titles were bugged, and instead of fixing them on the forums they just deleted them.
Forum badges were bugged, and instead of fixing them on the forums they just deleted them.
Character profiles were bugged, and instead of fixing them on the forums they just deleted them.

I can't see them putting any effort into the forums even with this in-game update.
On the contrary actually, they'll likely remove forum avatars with the new update.

25-Dec-2020 05:41:32

Mauhur
Jun Member 2023

Mauhur

Posts: 861 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, if Jagex wants to ride on the wave of good will this update could bring they should update the Photo Booth. As inactive as the RS forums may be, not everybody wants to use a third party site like Reddit to talk about RS.

Fingers crossed they will pull this off.

27-Dec-2020 22:48:00

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,647 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Three separate forum issues that weren't an issue in the past. Jagex has a lot of work to do for the forum community. I will be sorely disappointed if the new models don't also include the return of forum avatars. Especially now with partyhats being pumped super hard and being the hot new craze.

28-Dec-2020 05:58:12

Quick find code: 16-17-968-66195174 Back to Top