Forums

More Skilling bossess?

Quick find code: 16-17-910-66233998

NecroVeno
Apr Member 2021

NecroVeno

Posts: 28 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So we've got a big game hunter, which is kind of a skilling boss of some sort.
We've got a skilling boss as a 3rd front.

Do You guys think we can expect more in near future?
We've got gathering one combining mining, fishing, hunter and woodctting,

Maybe the next one will be cooking, smithing, crafting and fletching?

29-Oct-2021 19:05:58

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,169 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I certainly would love to see more of them in the future, but I could imagine them taking some time for that not to dillute the player base for that aspect too much.

OS is using the concept of skilling bosses for way longer than we are - over 5 years now - and they only have released 3 of them so far by themselves. And OS certainly is way more in need of diversifying its skilling than we would be.

Of course what I would see important to them - they should not just be glorified skilling methods - they should provide the value an actual boss would bring. And all in all I generally can't imagine that they would release a skilling boss combining a lot of artisan skills. Probably one to support (like construction for both croesus and BGH for us or at wintertodt and tempoross in OS), but not as the primary focus.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

31-Oct-2021 04:49:59 - Last edited on 31-Oct-2021 05:07:05 by Rikornak

Robbycool
May Member 2020

Robbycool

Posts: 281 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
TBH id love to see a hybrid skilling / combat boss next . Where maybe 1 group keeps the boss at bay with combat while others gather and devise a way to defeat the boss once and for all.
Skilling only boss is ok but I think this idea would cater to both pvmers and skillers alike!
bump

02-Nov-2021 03:35:17

ShallPrevail
May Member 2023

ShallPrevail

Posts: 583 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really hope they stop with the skilling bosses, they should try and focus more on the skilling environment's they already have around Runescape. If they're able to revitalize skilling it will help bring a better community together, and it'll make it so they can focus on more important things like reworking minigames, better boss content and just a overall better RUNESCAPE experience.

I'm a no for skilling bosses. Bad choice.

Also get rid of that bot that helps people do clues ect, absolutely ridiculous.

Honestly I get the vibe that this is an iron update made game nowadays.
Always think creatively, and you shall be creative.

----
Here to help.
----
My Thread Finder:
14-15-793-66262730
Crooked Mods ~~

11-Dec-2021 20:27:24

Vengeance of
Mar Member 2018

Vengeance of

Posts: 2,372 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd be very surprised if we never got any more skilling bosses, especially considering OSRS has had quite a few of them and AFAIK they're quite popular over there.

But I have to agree with Robby; I feel like a boss that's both a skilling and combat boss would probably be the most interesting way for these bosses to go. Imagine an encounter where fighters would have to draw attention away from the skillers while the skillers build defenses, expose weak points for the fighters to strike, shut down the boss's most powerful charged attacks, etc.

21-Dec-2021 05:58:19

Quick find code: 16-17-910-66233998 Back to Top