Forums

More Skilling bossess?

Quick find code: 16-17-910-66233998

SlR
Nov Member 2020

SlR

Posts: 4,378 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd like there to be solo skilling bosses that you have to fight over a longer time period
Eg: you have to damage the boss over the course of a week to defeat it for rewards.
Like 'daily resets' but it'd be weekly. It'd encourage people to renew membership too.
;) wink wink Jagex wink wink ;) only joking (but at the same time not, because it'd work).
It'd essentially be like the weekly challenges; daily rewards that get better over the week.
Bob says:
A bank PIN will keep your items secure.
Always check the second trade screen.
Never trade in the Wilderness!
Keep your computer keylogger-free and virus scanned.
Never give your password out to anyone.

23-Dec-2021 10:41:54 - Last edited on 27-Dec-2021 15:03:17 by SlR

Dulcis Nex
Dec Member 2021

Dulcis Nex

Posts: 2,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
SlR said :
I'd like there to be solo skilling bosses that you have to fight over a longer time period
Eg: you have to damage the boss over the course of a week to defeat it for rewards.
Like 'daily resets' but it'd be weekly. It'd encourage people to renew membership too.
;) wink wink Jagex wink wink ;) only joking...
It'd essentially be like the weekly challenges, daily rewards that get better over the week.
this is possibly the worst unironic suggest i have ever read
You'll get it when you deserve it.

23-Dec-2021 23:56:44

SlR
Nov Member 2020

SlR

Posts: 4,378 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why, what's wrong with it? It's essentially what we've got now, but spanned out over a longer time period (like 'seasons' in other popular games). It'd reward casual players that might only have 1hr per day to play RS but reward their consistency of playing each day. Plus it'd justify paying for longer membership like Premier Pass to not miss out on the end-of-the-week rewards. Imagine a unique skilling boss for each individual skill, that'd be cool! Bob says:
A bank PIN will keep your items secure.
Always check the second trade screen.
Never trade in the Wilderness!
Keep your computer keylogger-free and virus scanned.
Never give your password out to anyone.

27-Dec-2021 11:15:05

Takru
May Member 2023

Takru

Posts: 375 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NecroVeno said :
So we've got a big game hunter, which is kind of a skilling boss of some sort.
We've got a skilling boss as a 3rd front.

Do You guys think we can expect more in near future?
We've got gathering one combining mining, fishing, hunter and woodctting,

Maybe the next one will be cooking, smithing, crafting and fletching?

from what i know there is 4 in old school Runescape

Wintertodt, a boss fought with Firemaking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Herblore, and Construction

Hespori, a boss grown with Farming

Zalcano, a boss fought with Mining, Smithing, and Runecraft

Tempoross, a boss fought with Fishing, Cooking, and Construction

so its very likey we will get more skilling bosses in the next year or 2 :)
To be loved you much love yourself first
^_^ ^_^ ^_^

11-Jan-2022 22:17:35

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I do support more skilling bosses.
Jagex had been hesitant to do them in the past because of the lack of risk/reward compared to PvM bosses. With Croessus, it seems the kinda got over that mentality.

However:
Coressus is Mining, Fishing, Woodcutting, and Hunter and is something of a training option in the 80s at those skills.
Big Game Hunter is Hunter/Slayer with touches of Woodcutting and Herblore, so it is a way of training Slayer without having to do PvM (skill pures to 120 Slayer)
Evil Trees (yes, I'm counting it) is Woodcutting and Firemaking

So while I wouldn't put it past them to add "more", I'd temper my expectations as to how many more they might do.

17-Jan-2022 12:55:01

Mel 624
Dec Member 2021

Mel 624

Posts: 744 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Skilling bosses help add some diversity to bossing and make it something people can do without necessarily being combat focused. That said, I've come to the conclusion that even skilling bosses don't change that I just don't like bossing, so I hope their addition won't take away from other, non bossing content. It feels like the part of the game that's been getting the most consistent focus and I don't like the grind for rare drops or how toxic people can get about group bossing even with no combat. How to block a forum user

Death And Taxes: An Analysis

14-Mar-2022 01:47:34

PvPMatter
Apr Member 2023

PvPMatter

Posts: 171 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I do not support.

They need to be more supportive with the skilling content they already have. By blasting us with all these double exp events and PVM for your RuneScape life's, it has really diminished the true RuneScape experience.

I can see something like creating a portal near all skilling plots that allows players to enter for a small period of time, with a new skilling boss encounter, but this can be worked on even more than just this general idea.

I'm really not happy with the latest skilling boss, mainly with the timing of the release.

RuneScape did not need something to take players away from actually skilling, I understand this would encourage players to skill and level up but once they hit that level they need to do the boss, they most likely won't be coming back, along with many other great players who got dragged in with the money hype the new skilling boss brings.
Be nice and help people
........ * No sarcasm towards this action please. * :P IGN:
ShallPrevail

My threads
- Quick find codes: 185-186-847-66247999 **OR** 278-279-672-66248231

14-Mar-2022 07:52:56

Mel 624
Dec Member 2021

Mel 624

Posts: 744 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It seemed more an issue with the timing and use of Het's Oasis than Croseus. The tablet of Het just wasn't a very good idea. You only had a few weeks to use it, it lasted the whole event instead of getting consumed for a drop and the GE price never got adjusted to address the discrepancy between it and what players actually valued it at. It was almost completely unsellable but using it yourself required the kind of time and dedication to bossing that would only really get you anywhere if you were already an experienced bosser who knew how to make optimal use of that limited time.

It was a lot of unnecessary stress and it felt like you'd be losing out whatever you did, not to mention it was in direct conflict with encouraging player participation in the actual skilling event itself. One of the cat tasks also required killing the arch glacor. Then there's placing the event at a time when a lot of players would be burned out from everything else that was going on just before, the issues with the scarabs and that bugged cat task. Another thing I didn't like was the lack of F2P inclusion in the event and skilling area. Community events are best when the entire player base has at least something to take part in and while the Duel Arena started out P2P it'd been F2P for a while.

Overall I just don't think pressuring players into rushing into content they aren't ready for lest they miss out is a good way of promoting things like bossing, especially when trying to get skillers into bossing without making them feel alienated from the game or that the more conventional skilling experience is being neglected.

The lore that came with Croseus seems interesting enough, I'm mostly worried about tying skilling items to boss drops and some of the bossing stuff seeing better use as guild or minigame bonuses if they ever get around to reworking them.
How to block a forum user

Death And Taxes: An Analysis

14-Mar-2022 20:58:38

Quick find code: 16-17-910-66233998 Back to Top