Forums

Raksha New Boss 7/12/2020 Thread is locked

Quick find code: 16-17-633-66185672

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,647 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Making this thread so we can speculate on what the upcoming boss released on this day will drop, its mechanics etc.

- Can we instakill it with deathtouched darts on release or will there be a dart embargo?

- Will the boss pet be a mini raksha or something else? Does the boss pet have a threshold?

- Will it have instakill mechanics that bypass powerburst of vitality? Like mechanics that prevent the pvm gods from soloing months later with no food after inevitable powercreep?

- Is there enrage mechanics and/or hard mode?

- Will some drops be required for comp cape? If so, will the comp cape drop requirement have an embargo?

- Lorewise, could Raksha be Xau-Tak's son? If not, what could his relationship be to Xau-Tak? Is he technically QBD/KBD's father?

- Will there be a world first announcement for the first solo/duo player to beat him?

- Will he drop a new type of bone for prayer training? Or drop dinosaur bones?

- Will he be a profitable every kill boss, or profitable with enrage, or profitable only from the main drops and have no resource drops?

- Can and should he be boostable when the pvm gods can get consistent kills and are able to carry in duos?

- Are his rare drops world broadcast or global broadcast?

23-Oct-2020 22:02:46

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My speculation is the new boss will be released early in December, so is the quest which is said to be bigger than the other quests except Desperate Measures. The reason is traditionally Jagex always wanted to spend their time with their real world friends and families, so they released the big content early in the month and then slipped into eat-drink-and-be-merry mode the rest of the year. :)

One thing I am pretty sure is like most bosses, DTDs can be used but you only kill one phrase and don't get kill count. Thus, they are hardly effective.

24-Oct-2020 18:56:29

Smasherley
Jul Member 2007

Smasherley

Posts: 2,090 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A solo boss has been the pipeline for quite some time. Knocked back continously because of this Pandemic.

The lore from the books given by the curator at the end of Yak Track talks of Aplha wildlife which are so rich in anima they are almost godlike creatures NATIVE to the perfect world.

The books mention such examples as Fiara who guards the Fist of Guthix site, the Valluta and Also Seiryu is mentioned. It mentions Loarnab which was killed by Zaros to open the portal to Infernus. But it also mentions ARAXXI as being one.

Juna isn't because she is not native to Gielinor

That book and the teasers of Yak track suggests that Raksha is infact an anima godbeast too and like Araxxi it will become a soloable boss.

The question is. What will Raksha drop.

I highly doubt Jagex will fill the gaps of mid level content and will opt for another endgame boss for the 1% of players. It always does this.

As long as I dont see an update akin to Mazcab refeaturing more group endgame bosses that cater for an even lower proportion of player and an increasingly toxic community. I will be happy.

But it must be close for the need of jagex to increase a tier. Whether it be t94 or t95 weapons.. I believe it'll be range based reward as Inquisitor/annihilation are still pretty new. Hexhunter Bow under current circumstances cannot act like a t97 weapon, they need to rework range so that the ammo goes upto T99. The Ammo degraded by the bows and not the bow degraded by the arrows. I have long said Hex should be a chargebow not req arrows like SGB and even if it is a range reward, i don't believe it will be t97 to fix Hexhunter and put it inline with its counterparts.

The drops of GWD3 to be considered too. Before long Jagex will have to up combat skills to 120. Which suits me as I am 120 - 200m in all of them lol.

26-Oct-2020 12:10:51 - Last edited on 26-Oct-2020 12:24:58 by Smasherley

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It is interesting that Raksha is also mentioned in the Mystery : Cyrpt of Zoology: The Greatest Hunt

"I find this ill-advised given the nature of this creature, but their will be done. They no doubt have plans for it beyond my understanding. Thus, I can do no more than ensure it ends up secured and restrained until this purpose has been served."
-Varanus, Nodon hunter

It would be interesting if this is the new " boss" that is being planned. It does not seem to be linked to GWD3 and thus would be perfect for a solo boss.
Time to follow an trail of Treasure.
My Goals Lions Goals

26-Oct-2020 20:24:27

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Smasherley said :

The lore from the books given by the curator at the end of Yak Track talks of Aplha wildlife which are so rich in anima they are almost godlike creatures NATIVE to the perfect world.

The books mention such examples as Fiara who guards the Fist of Guthix site, the Valluta and Also Seiryu is mentioned. It mentions Loarnab which was killed by Zaros to open the portal to Infernus. But it also mentions ARAXXI as being one.

That book and the teasers of Yak track suggests that Raksha is infact an anima godbeast too and like Araxxi it will become a soloable boss.

I imagine that the GWD3 bosses were mentioned by Seren at the end of the Lore hunting on the Yak track. She mentions that the " eggs" are dormant but not sure for how much longer. I have a feeling that they are going to hatch and those will be the Bosses we encounter in GWD3.

As for the Curators book at the end of the Lore hunting Track: It points to an idea that we will be encountering more of the original inhabitants of the world. Somehow they are going to come together and help or hinder the world Guardian.
Time to follow an trail of Treasure.
My Goals Lions Goals

26-Oct-2020 20:35:03

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lions RAWR said :
Smasherley said :

I imagine that the GWD3 bosses were mentioned by Seren at the end of the Lore hunting on the Yak track. She mentions that the " eggs" are dormant but not sure for how much longer. I have a feeling that they are going to hatch and those will be the Bosses we encounter in GWD3.

As for the Curators book at the end of the Lore hunting Track: It points to an idea that we will be encountering more of the original inhabitants of the world. Somehow they are going to come together and help or hinder the world Guardian.

The Dragonkin Mysteries seem to have told us besides the Elders, the Shadow and the Cosmic beings exist too and Kranon left his tribe to search for them. The Cosmic ones were apparently who were able to use powers on top of the 4 basic elements (mind, body, cosmic, astral were mentioned). Skeka mentioned how she was able to inhabit other bodies through "astral projection". It probably showed the Aughra are related to the Cosmic or Astral beings. The "Shadow" was probably their opponent, who might have mutated Raksha from an ordinary dinasaur.

Seems like the Shadow, related to Xau-Tak logically will try to stop the World Guardian, and the Cosmic ones... could be Tumeken's people will defend Gielinor.

29-Oct-2020 02:38:27

Smasherley
Jul Member 2007

Smasherley

Posts: 2,090 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
One key point I noticed is the Moksha Device. Under it is not Gielinor's rich green anima. It looks like shadow anima.

Zaros when talked to in lore hunter of Yak track states that he's waiting for something of great importance to him.. I believe this is the Moksha device and he wants to use it.. Perhaps to put his mind into an elder god. Perhaps Mah's corpse and will reanimate it with his own lifeforce

Seren after yak track said nothing as big as Kerapac's device exists on gielinor to wake the eggs (her cusions) further. I believe this to be false. I believe the Moksha device has similar capacity and it's primary function is to run on Shadow Anima and that is what is under it.

I think the point of the lore books given at the end of Yak Track was to set the story of the anima beasts. The ones we currently know and more to come. Namely for the purpose of Raksha. I believe Raksha is native to Gielinor.

However there are several points where XAU-TAK has reached it's hand out onto Gielinor and took hold of creatures including Seiryu. So it's entirely possible that Raksha could be a new elite dungeon boss.

But I am pretty sure Jagex was gonna end Elite Dungeons at ED3 regarding that type of lore. Jagex are not known to keep their word. For this to be an ED4 would kinda suit..

After Kranon.

But I don't want it to be, Unless they did ED2 style of difficulty. The annoyance of Seiryu and Ambassador solo doesn't make me want to. I hate having to work my bum off for pvm.

31-Oct-2020 03:21:22 - Last edited on 31-Oct-2020 06:15:22 by Smasherley

Quick find code: 16-17-633-66185672 Back to Top