Forums

Raksha New Boss 7/12/2020 Thread is locked

Quick find code: 16-17-633-66185672

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,647 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There's plenty to look forward to as a RuneScape Member as we close out 2020 with a bang and head into an even bigger 2021. Following the release of Construction Contracts this November, December will see the introduction of a powerful new Solo Boss and heart-melting Christmas-themed quest to close out the year.

Recent news article confirms that the boss will be a Solo Boss , thank you Jagex for giving me boss content I can actually do! Excited for this and any info Jagex will reveal for this boss in the future

13-Nov-2020 02:36:03

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just revealed in the livestream today:

The name of the beast is: Raksha the Shadow Colossal of Orthen.

Date on Arrival: December 7
... OP probably needs to change the title of this thread soon.

Bonus content: A miniquest filled with lore will come with the boss.

Origin: A prehistoric dinosaur inhabiting Gielinor before the Dragonkin arrived stepped into the Codex, an Elder Artifact discarded by the Elder Gods. The Monolith is mentioned in the cutscene, strongly suggesting The Mysterious Monolith is the Elder Codex.

Location: imprisoned under the ground. Seems like where Laniakea is outside the Base Camp and at the SE corner of Anachronia.

Mechanics: solobale, with difficulty between Araxxor and Telos but with 15 different phrases.

Key rewards: New Codexes... How surprising when the boss is related to the Elder Codex? So I guess more new abilities.

More Lore: Raksha didn't draw its powers from the Elder Gods despite he got them from the Codex, suggesting control of the Elder Codex has been taken over by something else... perhaps the Shadow... or maybe Xau-Tak?

24-Nov-2020 18:22:20 - Last edited on 24-Nov-2020 21:28:24 by Dilbert2001

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

https://old.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/k0aktd/full_raksha_information_from_stream_today/

Confirmed release date dec 7th
Solo/duo
Does not have 15 phases
Everybody gets their own drop
Between rax and telos ie failing mechanics will be punishing
Rewards is new codexes
Requirement is a short miniquest, needs access to fossil island
Rest is a surprise

Lots of abilities need a greater version, so I'm hoping for greater concentrated blast.

24-Nov-2020 21:31:42

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
Mechanics: solobale , with difficulty between Araxxor and Telos but with 15 different phrases .

Correction:
-It does not have 15 different phrases ( this was an ' leak' that did not pan out)

-It is an solo/ Duo boss
https://twitter.com/JagexRyan/status/1331307142566072329?s=20
Time to follow an trail of Treasure.
My Goals Lions Goals

25-Nov-2020 03:06:15

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lions RAWR said :
Dilbert2001 said :
Mechanics: solobale , with difficulty between Araxxor and Telos but with 15 different phrases .

Correction:
-It does not have 15 different phrases ( this was an ' leak' that did not pan out)

-It is an solo/ Duo boss
https://twitter.com/JagexRyan/status/1331307142566072329?s=20

Still soloable though. I am pretty sure as they said it drops one loot when solo, and two when duo.

25-Nov-2020 03:14:52

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

https://old.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/k0e3m4/tldw_503_jmod_tea_break_with_mod_ryan_and_mod_jack/

Raksha - New Boss
Release Date: Dec 7th - | - Cutscene | Roar!

Requirement: New short miniquest
Group size: Solo and Duo
Difficulty: Between Araxxor and Telos.
Drops: Various codices (No weapon/armor).
Other Notes

There is no hardmode.
Solo/Duo kc is counted separately but will be combined for achievements/IFB.
Duo is scaled:
Example: Solo - 1 drop | Duo - 2 drops
The HP scales for the duo mode.
Mechanics: It's not a DPS dummy but rather a test of your endurance and your knowledge/skill of the game.
The boss doesn't have 15 phases (reference to an old "leak&quot ;) .

They didn't mention if there was enrage mechanics so hopefully more to find out next week

25-Nov-2020 04:39:14

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

https://old.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/k5time/raksha_information_so_far/

Release date: 7th of December
Group size: Solo and Duo (HP Scales)
Combat level: N/A
Difficulty: Somewhere between Araxxor and Telos. It's no DPS dummy, it's an endurance test. Not hardest boss
Weakness: N/A
Unique drops: Multiple ability codicies and pet

Extra Information:
- Located on Anachronia
- Short miniquest requirement
- There is no hardmode. Solo and Duo kc is counted separately but will add up together meaning IFB will only have to kill it a 100 times in total
- If you solo the boss it will drop 1 drop, if you duo it will drop 2 drops, 1 for each player
- You can teleport out of the boss fight at any time
- It's an instance like Telos, you kill the boss once and you need to re-create the instance after every fight
- Drop rates are the same for solo as duo since every person gets their own drop
- Boss does not have 15 phases

Information from D&D stream:
- Miniquest looks like a puzzle
- Raksha is massive (SGB might be useful)
- Uses melee in Melee Distance
- Attack 1: Tail Swipe (Knock back)
- Attack 2: Purple bomb (Might be a bleed)
- Attack 3: Roar (when Raksha is on low HP orbs will be fired to players, this might be Insta kill)
- Varanus (NPC) might be a part of the fight
- There's some odd purple glue potion that might be interesting

Interesting. Still planning on getting masterwork spear of annihilation as my second T92 weapon, but SGB looks like the 3rd if it really is a 5x5+ boss.

03-Dec-2020 11:53:48

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jeremy Cheng said :

Information from D&D stream:
- Miniquest looks like a puzzle
- Raksha is massive (SGB might be useful)
- Uses melee in Melee Distance
- Attack 1: Tail Swipe (Knock back)
- Attack 2: Purple bomb (Might be a bleed)
- Attack 3: Roar (when Raksha is on low HP orbs will be fired to players, this might be Insta kill)
- Varanus (NPC) might be a part of the fight
- There's some odd purple glue potion that might be interesting

I believe that these might be a factor as well:

-The Boss fight will take place in an alternate realm ( Unless the actions of Kerapac bought back Varanus who died to rashka).
- I feel there is a sleep mechanic that will put Rashka back to sleep after the fight ( Think seriyu or QBD). An scene in the DnD yesterday seems to suggest that the players woke up and looked to see Rashka was chained up ( not killed).
-If we focus on the sleep mechanic, Maybe the players will be the one that travels back in time to fight Rashka alongside Varanus. Seeing it was after Varanus encounter that Rashka was locked up.

*Rashka's Health seems to be quite high ( as no normal attacks worked on it). To me that suggest that at some point during the fight we may be using some elements of BGH ( specifically either the poison or the crossbows)
Time to follow an trail of Treasure.
My Goals Lions Goals

03-Dec-2020 19:06:50

Quick find code: 16-17-633-66185672 Back to Top