Forums

Legacy of Zamorak Feedback

Quick find code: 16-17-617-66256178

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So today ( June 25th 2022) Jagex did the live stream that talked about the content coming up in RS for the Legacy of Zamorak. I must admit that I did not expect it to go well, yet I was quite surprised. It was fantastic!

1-
Lord of Chaos
: The Epic boss battle with zammy himself was worth the wait and reveal. The Bow's Spec animations and the dyed versions make it so pretty. The atmosphere was scary and fits perfectly.

2-
Daughter of chaos:
The fact that this is a quest makes this quite awesome. It is packed with so much content that it is the perfect springboard into the next storyline. Different elements put together. look forward to it. I honestly thought it was more content and not just a quest lol.

3-
Wilderness reborn:
Its not just a way to turn of PVP now, it has beautiful graphics that really makes it the place to be.

I just wanted to say that the stream + the video released beforehand is the perfect combination to get players hyped for the content. It showcases stuff to look forward too in the future and I really like that.

So fellow players: What content are you looking forward too the most based on the stream today?
Time to follow an trail of Treasure.
My Goals Lions Goals

25-Jun-2022 18:45:32

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
All of them. I am also very interested in story telling content, always, and not interested in Wildy pvp affairs. However, the reborn Wildy may be something I may be spending a little bit of time.

The threat system is interesting. It keeps the danger of Wildy in place, only that AI replaced annoying pkers. Seeing Acheron mammoths in the Wildy and volcanoes trying to kill you are really something new, perhaps that's the chaos brought with the Legacy of Zamorak.

Wildy is looking very nice from the livestream. If the rewards are good enough (we know at least we can get DTD), I can see me spending some time that I never spent there for over a decade.

25-Jun-2022 19:30:51

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Dilbert2001 said :

The threat system is interesting. It keeps the danger of Wildy in place, only that AI replaced annoying pkers. Seeing Acheron mammoths in the Wildy and volcanoes trying to kill you are really something new, perhaps that's the chaos brought with the Legacy of Zamorak.

The environment being hostile is a good touch to the wilderness. It breaths the sense of danger w/o the need for Pkers. It also going to look amazing with Jagex slowly phasing out the older Gpu's ;) meaning we can start to see most of the updates being this crisp ( hopefully).

I am not sure if the archeron mammoths has to do with the update or was thrown in there to show what the J mods were talking about. If it is the former, I hope we get some in game explanation for it
My Goals Lions Goals

26-Jun-2022 01:16:36

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Im just wondering how the hellfire bow and demonic skulls are going to work after this.

Are they going to force pvp on for those who have them or what?

Ill also finally be able to make use of the abyss rcing as ill be opting out of pvp.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

26-Jun-2022 07:50:59 - Last edited on 26-Jun-2022 07:51:44 by Draco Burnz

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,751 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would gladly take control of Moia, but the problem here is Jagex will be making all the decisions. They won't allow me to imprison, torture or even kill her. Sad news.

The wilderness might be cool. But when they said the volcano will be erupting, that just reminds me of Croesus and I immediately lost interest.

26-Jun-2022 14:26:00

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Draco Burnz said :
Im just wondering how the hellfire bow and demonic skulls are going to work after this.

Ill also finally be able to make use of the abyss rcing as ill be opting out of pvp.

Both of those are good questions. I know that they are still working out the kinks as they continue towards the update.

For instance warbands will still be PVP enabled, so I imagine that certain things will also be pvp enabled on default. ( such as the skull and hellfire bow). Personally I hope that they disable PVP on the demonic skull.
My Goals Lions Goals

26-Jun-2022 16:35:48

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said :

IIRC they said demonic skulls will still be used and they will tell us the plan later. What I think is wearing demonic skulls will contribute a lot more to threats and make us far more vulnerable to attacks by random mobs or the terrains.

26-Jun-2022 16:58:34

H 1 L D A
Apr Member 2020

H 1 L D A

Posts: 1,666 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Jack mentioned that Demonic Skulls are very likely PvP-enabled, and slightly different regarding the costs (perhaps cheaper, if I were to guess, because we are probably stacking the inherent threat of being PKed on top of what looks to be a very formidable threat level involving external PvE danger.)

Mod Jack also made a point to answer the question "Why even opt in to PvP, will there be incentive to do so." with a Yes.

It's possible that Demonic Skulls are just -integrated- into the experience when a player opts in to PvP for free, perhaps with an increase of effect alongside the threat level, kind of like how the player deals more damage the longer they stay in the Wilderness now.
Quest Cape Owner since 2021

Maxed
- July 31st, 2022

26-Jun-2022 17:48:49 - Last edited on 26-Jun-2022 17:50:17 by H 1 L D A

Quick find code: 16-17-617-66256178 Back to Top