Forums

Cancel Necromancy

Quick find code: 16-17-333-66278438

Mr Rey Ray
May Member 2016

Mr Rey Ray

Posts: 6,274 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We don't need a new skill in 2023.

I'll edit this post seeing as some of the comments in here are confused onto what I mean about why we don't need a new skill in 2023.

We don't need a new skill this year because, I want to be able to grind a nice skill that isn't rushed and has a reason for its release.

Jagex please take the time with this skill and polish Necromancy up and play test the skil and release the awesome skill in 2024.
| Leader of IVY Click here for Account Help | An International Pvm/ Skilling Clan |
Guest in our Clan Chat for an Invite

16-Apr-2023 13:36:05 - Last edited on 17-Apr-2023 13:09:53 by Mr Rey Ray

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,647 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Agreed. New skills are supposed to come out every 4 years like the time between inv and arch. Not 3 years rushed and bugged to hell like necromancy will be. Cancel it. I've seen enough of the skill already to come to this opinion.

16-Apr-2023 13:40:21

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We are going to have a new Necromancy skill in RS3. It fits incredibly well into all the ongoing content. We should get it really soon and it will add a lot of fresh game features to RS3.

Junk skills are bad, but the way RS3 makes their skills based on episodic live game content makes RS3 skills just a part of a grand expansion. They are very well needed, and well desired by RS3 players,

16-Apr-2023 15:50:04

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,169 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can't say I am super hyped for that skill after that random teaser consisting of a singular word and the failure to provide... something... for 4 months after that. But what's the issue exactly? It's obvious it's heavily interwoven in the fort narrative in some fashion - so you feeling like 'we don't need it' hardly is a good reason. Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

17-Apr-2023 06:13:02 - Last edited on 17-Apr-2023 06:14:41 by Rikornak

E I E dInO
Sep Member 2022

E I E dInO

Posts: 226 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Necromancy comes as an integral part of all the stories, similar to Archaeology.

Without Archaeology, we couldn't have moved the stories and other content to the EGW and Legacy of Zamorak series. We can't just cancel Necromancy as we couldn't have cancelled Archaeology. Absolutely not.

Actually we are probably done with all the foundations and background stories leading to Necromancy the new skill. The good news is we should see the new Necromancy skill soon.

17-Apr-2023 17:32:39

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

"NECROMANCY
IT'S HAPPENING.GIF

On May 30th, we'll finally be giving you your first-ever look at Necromancy! (We had to bold this because we're still not over the fact we finally get to talk about it).

In our first look video, debuting live on YouTube, the team behind our latest Skill will unveil the core pillars of the Necromancy Skill experience alongside some first-ever gameplay. The next day, we'll be bringing together a panel of developers to join us on Twitch for a chat about what you've seen so far and answer some top questions from the reveal.

After that first look, we'll be giving you even deeper looks inside Necromancy as development of the Skill enters its closing phases. Our goal leading up to release is to give you the most detailed look at a new Skill ever - but balanced with enough secrecy to make sure the day one experience remains special.

For the eagle eyed among you, you may notice we did add one little tidbit in the Development Update - not only will you be getting a fully fledged complete new Skill later this year, but Necromancy's launch will also begin a whole new Season of content themed around Necromancy. We're really excited to build on the learnings of our Content Seasons to deliver even more Necromancy goodness beyond the release of the Skill."

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/a=13/development-update--necromancy-reveal-date

Necromancy is coming. It is happening this summer.

28-Apr-2023 17:11:59

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

"Here at the studio, more of our development focus has turned to our biggest release this year - Necromancy. After entering longevity testing last month, there's a host of developers heads down on bringing Necromancy to life (ironic), refining systems based on longevity feedback and polishing up the Skill to be ready for release later this year. We're getting closer..."

They are almost done with development. They are actually conducting longevity test already. They are at the very very end of the development cycle of Necromancy. The next thing up is just to release it. :)

03-May-2023 18:11:00

Khanbibi
Jun Member 2009

Khanbibi

Posts: 1,514 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mr Rey Ray said :
We don't need a new skill in 2023.

I'll edit this post seeing as some of the comments in here are confused onto what I mean about why we don't need a new skill in 2023.

We don't need a new skill this year because, I want to be able to grind a nice skill that isn't rushed and has a reason for its release.

Jagex please take the time with this skill and polish Necromancy up and play test the skil and release the awesome skill in 2024.
i totally agree with you but jagex is going to do what they please anyway lol
khanbibi madskills admin

10-May-2023 08:38:33

Quick find code: 16-17-333-66278438 Back to Top