Forums

wood box functionality

Quick find code: 15-16-851-66282149

WitchKn1ght
Sep Member 2022

WitchKn1ght

Posts: 26 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So you can't fill it with noted items. You can't empty or remove individual items such as the nests, you have to empty the whole box into the bank. So no saving bank spaces after all!

Why not I would have thought this would be fairly standard since so many new objects are being introduced....

19-Jun-2023 16:14:46

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,258 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's basically like the ore box. It's not there to save bank space, it's there so you won't be forced to bank every 28 items. It's not even great considering you only can store 260 items at most per kind of wood in it when it comes to storage. For magic logs that thing would be full with one singular flash event drop for instance. Likewise with most other logs dropping in some fashion. Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

19-Jun-2023 16:30:37 - Last edited on 19-Jun-2023 16:34:33 by Rikornak

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just wait for more future updates. We have not just ore boxes but also ore and metal banks with the similar M&S rework. WC rework is said to be the foundation for future fletching, firemaking, construction among other planned skill reworks.

We may have wood and fletching banks and such in future updates too when we get to the rework of other skills. Jagex didn't say the main purpose of the wood boxes is to save us bank space anyway.

19-Jun-2023 19:03:11

Jon Bon Jovi
Nov Member 2021

Jon Bon Jovi

Posts: 1,444 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
Jagex didn't say the main purpose of the wood boxes is to save us bank space anyway.
Mod doom was quite insistant on the stream that we wouldn't lose any bank space from wood spirits because we can store them in the wood box. He forgot to mention they all jump out and into the bank when the wood box is stored.

20-Jun-2023 15:49:03

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Roddy Piper said :
Wood spirits in the box was a great idea. Wood spirits in my bank is a terrible idea.

Using the wood spirits ourselves or sell them for gp are always the better ideas. If you don't want them in the bank, why are you keeping them there for no reason?

21-Jun-2023 17:45:57

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,757 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
Roddy Piper said :
Wood spirits in the box was a great idea. Wood spirits in my bank is a terrible idea.

Using the wood spirits ourselves or sell them for gp are always the better ideas. If you don't want them in the bank, why are you keeping them there for no reason?

I'm not keeping them. I decided to sell them and never open the new nests. I think some adjustments are being made to the box.

A different angle could be to make upgrades to the box, and they work like the dark onyx from flash events. Rare enough that you could sell it, but useful enough that you actually want one too.

21-Jun-2023 18:01:43

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Roddy Piper said :
Dilbert2001 said :
Roddy Piper said :

I'm not keeping them. I decided to sell them and never open the new nests. I think some adjustments are being made to the box.

A different angle could be to make upgrades to the box, and they work like the dark onyx from flash events. Rare enough that you could sell it, but useful enough that you actually want one too.

The idea of the wood box is similar to the ore box. They aren't meant to be really rare and rewarding items to make and sell, so I don't see products from gathering skills being turned into something as valuable as dark onyx. However, the yet to be released rework on the artisan sides related to this WC updates (fletching, construction, FM etc) may be more likely to give us valuable items similar to Masterwork.

21-Jun-2023 18:09:40

Quick find code: 15-16-851-66282149 Back to Top