Forums

Update broke dungeons

Quick find code: 15-16-431-66290338

Qwis7
Aug Member 2010

Qwis7

Posts: 1,446 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really think it was not a bug, but because of all this negative feedback they say it is a bug.

For some people that try to turn every negative thing people post into something positive.
Sorry but not everyone agrees full on every step Jagex is taking and just accept different opinions of people.

17-Nov-2023 17:56:05

Kat Stryke

Kat Stryke

Posts: 2,058 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It might have something to do with the fact that three dungeons were updated with these new graphics - two F2P dungeons and a P2P dungeon. Perhaps the devs took a cut-and-paste shortcut and coded these dungeon entrances to be members-only by mistake.

Last Monday's newspost made no mention of changing these dungeon entrances to be members-only. IF this was done intentionally, Jagex also intentionally did not tell us about this major change to F2P. This would be cowardly and dishonest. Furthermore, there is no good reason for preventing free players from accessing these areas.

If there is a bug specific to F2P, and they need time to figure out how to fix it, fine. Fix it and remove the blocking.

Whatever is going on, something is up - and Jagex is silent on the matter. If it is another downgrade to F2P, TELL US! If it is a bug, TELL US!

Breaking the game with no explanation as to what happened or why it happened is irresponsible and unacceptable.
I've been putting out fire with gasoline! ^_^

Kat's Diary

19-Nov-2023 05:49:44

Kat Stryke

Kat Stryke

Posts: 2,058 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
KristenThyss said :
Dilbert2001 said :
KristenThyss said :

As I told Jagex, I have poison spiders and deadly reds that need killing, so let's get this fixed.

There are still F2P places for poison spiders and deadly red ones before next week's update.

It may take a little more travelling to go to Lava Maze for poisonous spiders.

As for deadly red spiders, aren't Varrock Sewer the better place anyway? Or Karamja too. I didn't go to the Edge dungeon for red spiders for an eternity, as Wildy used to be pvp enabled and I thought that part of the dungeon was member area.

Yeah...not exactly convenient going to the Lava Maze just to kill 15 spiders to complete a Combat challenge.

I think the poison spider lair in Edgeville Dungeon might have been members-only a long time ago, but it has been open to F2P for quite some time.

Yes, the Varrock sewer is indeed the best place to kill deadly reds. This would be the same sewer free players currently are prevented from entering, due to this stupid bug.

There are a few deadly reds in the volcano on Karamja, which is fine if no other players are there. If you are competing with one or two other players, it can be frustrating. The same goes for the poison spiders in Edgeville Dungeon.

"As for deadly red spiders, aren't Varrock Sewer the better place anyway? Or Karamja too. I didn't go to the Edge dungeon for red spiders for an eternity, as Wildy used to be pvp enabled and I thought that part of the dungeon was member area."

I was talking about deadly read spider you mentioned on OP you were going to the kill in the Edgeville Dungoeon, not poisonous spiders.

OP never said deadly reds were in Edgeville Dungeon.

You got confused again, or you lied again.
I've been putting out fire with gasoline! ^_^

Kat's Diary

19-Nov-2023 05:59:04

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,258 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ELITE STACK said :
It is a bug there was no reason to make it members only in the first place but idk how you accidentally make something members only content.

This.

As for how it happens - Really dunno, but it wasn't the first time. For instance parts of the south-eastern corner of the wilderness were tagged as p2p only for a couple of years following the wilderness rework in 2016 - there wasn't even a physical barrier of the sorts, the game just repelled you if you wanted to go there. Of course - given nothing was there at that time, but you were able to see that as darkened out on the world map on a f2p world.

Also goes the other way around btw. Burgh de Rott was tagged as f2p for a few weeks at some point. Granted - you couldn't reach it from the f2p area. But you were able to hop into a f2p world there when you got there on a p2p one. Probably nobody even would have noticed that, if it wasn't for that bright area within morytania on the world map.

There are probably even more examples.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

19-Nov-2023 06:44:03 - Last edited on 19-Nov-2023 06:49:08 by Rikornak

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Kat Stryke

"As I told Jagex, I have poison spiders and deadly reds that need killing, so let's get this fixed" - OP

OP clearly was complaining about not being able to kill poison spiders
AND "deadly reds"
. I clearly told him there were poisonous spiders AND "deadly reds" on F2P areas. OP even admitted my suggestions worked for him on Page 2, Post 3.

I don't know what's problem with you when apparently you are not OP and even if so Page 2, Post 3 should have solved their problem being the next update.

19-Nov-2023 17:34:23

KristenThyss

KristenThyss

Posts: 348 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
@Kat Stryke

"As I told Jagex, I have poison spiders and deadly reds that need killing, so let's get this fixed" - OP

OP clearly was complaining about not being able to kill poison spiders
AND "deadly reds"
. I clearly told him there were poisonous spiders AND "deadly reds" on F2P areas. OP even admitted my suggestions worked for him on Page 2, Post 3.

I don't know what's problem with you when apparently you are not OP and even if so Page 2, Post 3 should have solved their problem being the next update.

As the OP, I am qualified to say you are spouting nonsense, Dilbert.

You are trying to twist my words to justify your confusion.

I know where the poison spiders and deadly reds can and cannot be found. I did not need to be informed of this, nor did I "admit" to anything. All I did was agree with your valid point about Karamja being another F2P spot to kill deadly reds. It's not the best option, but it is an option.

I have no idea why you thought I was killing deadly reds in Edgeville Dungeon, when I know very well poison spiders are what I would fight there. Nothing in my previous posts suggests otherwise.

By the way, you also misgendered me. I am not a he/him.

Thanks Kat. You got it right. :)
All hail The Empty Lord!

19-Nov-2023 18:11:15

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@KristenThyss

All I know is I have been giving you and all the other players, especially free ones the constructive opinions instead of rants on how to get to poisonous and deadly red spiders. I am glad you agree that's an option.

When I wrote "he/she/it/they", it is not gender specific.

19-Nov-2023 18:25:24

KristenThyss

KristenThyss

Posts: 348 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rikornak said :
ELITE STACK said :
It is a bug there was no reason to make it members only in the first place but idk how you accidentally make something members only content.

This.

As for how it happens - Really dunno, but it wasn't the first time. For instance parts of the south-eastern corner of the wilderness were tagged as p2p only for a couple of years following the wilderness rework in 2016 - there wasn't even a physical barrier of the sorts, the game just repelled you if you wanted to go there. Of course - given nothing was there at that time, but you were able to see that as darkened out on the world map on a f2p world.

Also goes the other way around btw. Burgh de Rott was tagged as f2p for a few weeks at some point. Granted - you couldn't reach it from the f2p area. But you were able to hop into a f2p world there when you got there on a p2p one. Probably nobody even would have noticed that, if it wasn't for that bright area within morytania on the world map.

There are probably even more examples.

All good points. Many thanks for sharing them here. :)

I would like to make another point that tells me this is a bug:

Currently, when a free player tries to climb down through the trapdoor to Edgeville Dungeon or the manhole leading to the Varrock sewers, the animation still plays and we see the message in the chatbox telling us we have climbed down. It is after receiving this message that we are then told "To go here you must login to a members' server." Compare this to other areas, such the trapdoor at the Chaos Altar in The Wilderness. F2P do not "sort of" climb down here, nor are we told that we do. We are simply told this is members content.

My guess is either this was an unexpected bug, or they had unexpected difficulties updating these areas in F2P in time for the update launch - therefore, they temporarily blocked access on free worlds until they can get it sorted.

We will see.
All hail The Empty Lord!

19-Nov-2023 18:40:54

Quick find code: 15-16-431-66290338 Back to Top