Forums

Update broke dungeons

Quick find code: 15-16-431-66290338

KristenThyss

KristenThyss

Posts: 345 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
@KristenThyss

All I know is I have been giving you and all the other players, especially free ones the constructive opinions instead of rants on how to get to poisonous and deadly red spiders. I am glad you agree that's an option.

When I wrote "he/she/it/they", it is not gender specific.

Yes, the Karamja Volcano is an option. I did know this already, but others might not have recalled that, so thanks for mentioning it in this thread.

Hopefully, the patch notes on Monday will bring good news on this matter.

Yeah, you didn't know. "They/them" is generally a safe bet when you're not sure. I am not aware of any 'Scaper identifying as an "it". I could be wrong, though. :P
All hail The Empty Lord!

19-Nov-2023 18:54:20

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Already fixed, according to today's TWIR news:

"Varrock Sewers and Edgeville Dungeon can once again be accessed on non-members worlds."

Sorry if you take "he/she/it/they" as an issue, but as I mentioned I didn't (and never have) gender in mind when in my forum posts. In fact, if you care to read all my other posts, you should see I put "they" instead of "he" there. Somehow you just found that issue in one of all my other posts.

20-Nov-2023 16:09:00

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,543 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I checked out both dungeons restored to F2P today. Good to have them back!

It will take a little getting used to the new look of these areas and their maps, but overall I like what they've done.

It seems the resource dungeon entrance by the moss giants no longer shows on free worlds. Considering F2P do not have access to this resource dungeon anyway, this is no great loss.

I have not checked out the hill giant lair in Edgeville Dungeon yet, but the other end of the dungeon looks pretty cool. The Varrock sewers look great!
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
"...From The 'Scape" is very nearly here.

20-Nov-2023 20:30:30

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aslon Dak said :

It will take a little getting used to the new look of these areas and their maps, but overall I like what they've done.

It seems the resource dungeon entrance by the moss giants no longer shows on free worlds. Considering F2P do not have access to this resource dungeon anyway, this is no great loss.

I have not checked out the hill giant lair in Edgeville Dungeon yet, but the other end of the dungeon looks pretty cool. The Varrock sewers look great!

The Varrock sewers look far more animated now too. Remember the dumb giant cartoonist giant rats right down the manhole? They were just some unanimated cartoonist rodents 15 years ago, but now they look more animated and nimble like what rats should be.

20-Nov-2023 20:37:13

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,543 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
Aslon Dak said :

The Varrock sewers look far more animated now too. Remember the dumb giant cartoonist giant rats right down the manhole? They were just some unanimated cartoonist rodents 15 years ago, but now they look more animated and nimble like what rats should be.

Indeed...and now all players can enjoy the new graphics. :)
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
"...From The 'Scape" is very nearly here.

20-Nov-2023 20:40:50

KristenThyss

KristenThyss

Posts: 345 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
Sorry if you take "he/she/it/they" as an issue, but as I mentioned I didn't (and never have) gender in mind when in my forum posts. In fact, if you care to read all my other posts, you should see I put "they" instead of "he" there. Somehow you just found that issue in one of all my other posts.

No worries, Dilbert. I do not believe you intended any insult. You simply did not know. If not knowing something was a crime, we would all be guilty. No harm done. I just wanted to correct the record.

Thanks again for participating in the discussion here. May The Empty Lord be with you. :)
All hail The Empty Lord!

21-Nov-2023 20:57:27

Quick find code: 15-16-431-66290338 Back to Top