- Discuss and...
- Help out your fellow scapers
- Show off your snazzy cosmetics

Have a smashing time!
Bob says:
A bank PIN will keep your items secure.
Always check the second trade screen.
Never trade in the Wilderness!
Keep your computer keylogger-free and virus scanned.
Never give your password out to anyone.

16-Oct-2023 11:14:16 - Last edited on 16-Oct-2023 11:18:43 by SlR

emotions
Jun Member 2019

emotions

Posts: 14,627 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Storm Cobra said :
not much of a pumpkin party they seem to be all antisocial and hidden away :|

Lolz. Yea..I am confused.

'' You have smashed
0/250
pumpkins during the 2023 halloween event required to change this mask ''

16-Oct-2023 11:53:36 - Last edited on 16-Oct-2023 12:00:22 by emotions

PerYngve
Aug Member 2023

PerYngve

Posts: 8,195 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
emotions said :
Storm Cobra said :
not much of a pumpkin party they seem to be all antisocial and hidden away :|
Lolz. Yea..I am confused.'

From the blog post :

Every 30 minutes past the hour, a Pumpkin Party will kick off at Fort Forinthry, Draynor Village or the City of Um (look for a handy broadcast 5 minutes before the party to know where to go!). When the party is ready to start, Pete can teleport you right there - no excuses for being late!

Once the party starts, you will need to find and smash as many of the congregating pumpkins as you can in a 3 minute time limit. Each pumpkin you smash will reward items from the below loot table - and if you collectively succeed in fully fending off the orange scourge, you'll receive additional Agility XP from all that running around! Ironman players are also invited, but won't receive the additional Agility XP. Take a lap!

On October 31st, rewards from any smashed pumpkins at these parties will also be doubled.
PerYng**

16-Oct-2023 12:00:38 - Last edited on 16-Oct-2023 12:02:15 by PerYngve

emotions
Jun Member 2019

emotions

Posts: 14,627 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks PerYngve.

Looks like we failed the event..but personally got a reward..maybe a higher populated world would be better. + I didn't have the notification(settings) on for the distractions.

- I managed to smash 7 from my first event at Draynor Village -

16-Oct-2023 12:37:32 - Last edited on 16-Oct-2023 12:38:19 by emotions

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,757 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just finished a pumpkin smashing event in Draynor. It seems like the pumpkins are scattered everywhere and they RANDOMLY become visible.

So I can run around, not find anything, and just keep running in circles until they magically appear?

16-Oct-2023 12:42:08 - Last edited on 16-Oct-2023 12:59:57 by Roddy Piper

Storm Cobra
May Member 2021

Storm Cobra

Posts: 325 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex needs to look up the definition of "party" and "congregating"..
Hate to think what their office parties are like with staff members randomly concealed around the building :P

edit: having just done a Fort Forinthry pumpkin party i can safely say this event was designed by a sadistic dull developer who hates the thought of giving out free agility exp and god forbid anyone having fun..

16-Oct-2023 13:16:42 - Last edited on 16-Oct-2023 14:05:32 by Storm Cobra

Sudowoodoz
Oct Member 2023

Sudowoodoz

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My gripe is, it is meant to scale off players correct? Then why is it, nobody, not even the most populated servers can beat any of the locations for the event? It is tuned far too high, not enough time is given and City of Um event is far too spread out. And on top of that, not that I have enough H'Oddments to warrant anything, but the shop is also not available.

Thought and execution on this one are pretty poor. Why release an untested, unfinished product?

EDIT: I find it ridiculously hilarious that anyone would have thought that 35000 H'Oddments (the top buyable prize in that store according to post) is remotely achievable from a once in a while pumpkin spawn that may or MAY NOT give you 5 H'Oddments at a time for a two week event? I imagine most people are gonna be hard pressed to achieve buying some of the cheapest items on the list.

The level of buffoonery in that thought process has got me rolling.

16-Oct-2023 14:41:26 - Last edited on 16-Oct-2023 14:51:50 by Sudowoodoz

Quick find code: 15-16-240-66288810 Back to Top