Forums

BUG/SCAM Thread is locked

Quick find code: 14-15-953-66289315

Santas List
Aug Member 2023

Santas List

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was lured yesterday ik I'm an idiot anyways... Lost nearly 9b, he got my red Santa hat my Christmas scythe and my red Halloween mask... Had all my money in those rares so now I'm broke.. i sent a claim into jagex for lost items but was told they investigated and there's nothing theyre gonna do.. basically I was told to bring a demonic skull to the first square of the wilderness which is a safe spot and buddy was gonna give me 1.2b because he was quitting.. i know sounds legit right. He then asked me to spellcast on him when I had no runes which I did and it did nothing then he asked me to grab my most expensive items from bank and he'd give me 1.2b but to meet him back in the same spot square 1 of wilderness (safespot) which I did and he asked me to spellcast again.. me not thinking anything of it where it I just did it a minute ago I spellcasted on him and for some reason moonwalked into the wilderness where a guy logged in instantly and froze me and killed me.. i lost almost 9b total I have both the people's names aswell as proof from the wilderness sign showing who killed me and how much I lost.. correct me if I'm wrong but me moonwalking into the wilderness like that is a bug and jagex should do more to help me here... Almost 9b guys been playing sense 2008 and this is just heartbreaking wish you guys could do something to help me... Premantly ban the accounts responsible and give me my rares back..

26-Oct-2023 15:28:17

Tranq
Nov Member 2007

Tranq

Posts: 61,832 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They aren't going to give you your items back. "Luring" is unfortunately a part of PVP mechanics. Once you jump the wildy wall you understand you can lose all your items. The fact that these people wished to trade you in the wilderness should have sent up red flags everywhere for you to walk away. Instead your greed got the best of you.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

26-Oct-2023 15:37:11

Santas List
Aug Member 2023

Santas List

Luring is not part of PvP mechanics lol luring is against the rules, and as I said me moonwalking into the wilderness like that was a bug that these scammers are exploiting to trick people into entering the wilderness.. luring is against RuneScape rules look it up

26-Oct-2023 15:46:11

Tranq
Nov Member 2007

Tranq

Posts: 61,832 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Santas List said :
Luring is not part of PvP mechanics lol luring is against the rules, and as I said me moonwalking into the wilderness like that was a bug that these scammers are exploiting to trick people into entering the wilderness.. luring is against RuneScape rules look it up

Luring is against the rules if they take you from a "
safe area
" to a dangerous area. However once you cross the wildy wall
YOU OPTED
of your own accord to ditch said safety measures.

A better question to you is since PVP is OPT IN why hadn't you opted out like all of us normal folk.

When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

26-Oct-2023 15:53:25

PerYngve
Aug Member 2023

PerYngve

Posts: 8,195 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you claim that scammers are exploiting a bug, definitely report (in-game) the person/people doing this. This is what Jagex always tells people. Other than that, there's not much they can/will do about your items. You could also send a bug report in-game if you truly think that's a bug. If people are caught scamming or exploiting a bug, they're most likely gonna get banned. You can send a report in-game or send an email to [email protected] with the details.
PerYng**

26-Oct-2023 15:56:20 - Last edited on 26-Oct-2023 16:09:45 by PerYngve

Santas List
Aug Member 2023

Santas List

The first 2 squares of the wilderness is a "safe area" i had no intentions on stepping foot into the wilderness, so tranq with that being said I don't agree with what your saying at all, it was a bug that made me moonwalk into the wilderness like that.. which apparently jagex is responsible for lost items if there lost for server disruption or a big like this..

26-Oct-2023 16:10:35

Santas List
Aug Member 2023

Santas List

The first two steps (squares\tiles) of the Wilderness are "safe" zones, in which players can not attack or be attacked, thus making the Wilderness ditch not a strict reminder of where the Wilderness starts. Both players (or the player and monsters) must be outside the safe zone before any PVP or Wilderness slayer tasks can take affect.

That is straight from RuneScape wiki, so I was not in the wilderness I was tricked into a bug which made me moonwalk into the wilderness out of the "safe area" to be killed.. jagex is responsible for bugs like this in the game, it should be removed and my lost items should be returned to me as stated in the RuneScape site if a lost item is lost due to a bug or server disruption jagex will return the item, but on top of this the people responsible should be banned premantly

26-Oct-2023 16:16:43

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,469 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The fact remains that entering the Wilderness with a load of valuable items, without disabling PvP first, in order to trade someone is (at best) unbelievably naive or (at worst) unbeliveably foolish.

Jagex will not refund your items - this is company policy.

You were not the victim of a bug - the game was behaving as intended.

You have only yourself to blame.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

26-Oct-2023 16:21:51

Quick find code: 14-15-953-66289315 Back to Top