Who's account is the oldest st

Quick find code: 14-15-821-66202215

ErkalEtruria
Mar Member 2023

ErkalEtruria

Posts: 1,970 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would like to give a shoutout to
FlippingOldschool
who did some research on this topic and created a Youtube video.
The video title is simply:
Who Made the First Account Ever Created in Runescape?

The first account was probably a member of the Jagex Staff, but to find the first real player not affiliated with Jagex would be pretty cool. I wonder who has the oldest is that actively plays. I say we all check to find the oldest player account who comments.

For me, that would be 17 years.
(-o-)
_[=RS=]
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤RIP RS Classic¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

(-o-)|
ErkalEtruria
|¸„»•*“”*•»„¸„»•*“”*•
|\/\/|

(-o-) .,¸_¸„.„¸_¸,.
‡ wïll ƒîñd mý wåÿ
~2003~

07-Feb-2021 16:42:43 - Last edited on 14-Feb-2021 21:25:53 by ErkalEtruria

Trewavas
Jun Member 2014

Trewavas

Posts: 28,499 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If I recall, during the 15th anniversary a few years ago, they awarded lifetime membership to the first person who purchased membership.

As for the oldest active account, I'm not sure if we'll ever truly know.

07-Feb-2021 16:59:42

Trewavas
Jun Member 2014

Trewavas

Posts: 28,499 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dark Ange696 said :
Say what now lol. How would it be part of your recovery information ?

Your account's creation date is one of the pieces of information that you can provide if you ever need to recover your account. It can be used alongside details such as previous display names and passwords, previous IP addresses, your ISP, alternative accounts, billing information, and real life addresses as part of the recovery process. Such information is regarded as gold standard for account recovery, and the more information that can be provided, the better.

For this reason, many people refrain from divulging the information that Hans provides, as it can be used to figure out the exact date on which the account was created. There are plenty of online calculators that could do the mathematics for a potential hijacker.

You can divulge approximate dates, such as the amount of months or years played, but I wouldn't recommend giving our precise details.

07-Feb-2021 17:46:27 - Last edited on 07-Feb-2021 17:48:50 by Trewavas

Quick find code: 14-15-821-66202215 Back to Top