Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NexOrigin said :
Nothing wrong with being a receptionist's assistant, Dong. :)

Although, I'm always weary of jobs where there seems to be more praise given then is warranted.

"Paying in praise" is often a warning sign that the job has a very high turnaround rate, or that the financial compensation isn't apt for the job that is being done.

I hope you enjoy it, and as for the painful feet at the end of the day, I think this says it all:

I am not a receptionist - I just fill in when they need me. And yes I believe it could be a high turn around in a certain area in saying that they have many that have been there for many years - I have met a couple who have been there for more than 20 years, most I have meet they have been their 3 or more years, nobody yet under two years, I do know though there are a few who are new like me - just haven't met them :) If I told you the job you would understand the praise and the reason for it, but I ain't going to do that ^_^
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

30-May-2019 13:40:49 - Last edited on 30-May-2019 13:55:58 by Dong U Dead

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
If I told you the job you would understand the praise and the reason for it, but I ain't going to do that ^_^
Oh, you're a mortuary secretary's assistant, I get it! ;)

You don't have to tell if you're not comfortable with it.

Unless you're Emperor Dupe's assistant, then you're legally required to tell me, and to explain what his job is, because he won't tell me either. :P

I've learned over the years that there is usually a reason for "high praise" in employment when it doesn't relate to the actual work you do.

Obviously if you can weld like a machine, people will praise that.

But if you get praise for dealing with irate customers, when it's not part of your job, well... that's because no one wants to do it, and they praise you because they want you to do it so they don't have to. :D

Some of the worst jobs I've had, included high praise, which when I was young, I didn't understand that it was because the jobs were so horrible.
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

30-May-2019 15:51:19

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wouldn't mind being a Mortuary Receptionist's Assistant. I think that line of work would be quite interesting.

Dead bodies are okay. They don't do an awful lot. And it's nice to see someone on their way to the Hereafter (if there is one) with a bit of quiet dignity and care.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

30-May-2019 15:59:10

Raldrineorth
Aug Member 2008

Raldrineorth

Posts: 10,411 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
I wouldn't mind being a Mortuary Receptionist's Assistant. I think that line of work would be quite interesting.

Dead bodies are okay. They don't do an awful lot. And it's nice to see someone on their way to the Hereafter (if there is one) with a bit of quiet dignity and care.
They don't do a lot eh? Just wait till the zombie apocalypse. :P

30-May-2019 17:17:37

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My job is physical <- why I get saw feet. Also, I wear a t-shirt, black pants and sneakers and often end up looking like a rag-a-muffin because of all the physical work and that I am in an unfit state which doesn't help, plus it's very hot work environment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyhow when I was 29 I applied to become a mortician and the dude said I was too small, he said I would normally work on my own and the bodies that come in can often be huge and that I wouldn't be able to turn them and such. So that went out the window.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

31-May-2019 00:30:54

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh. I would be no use either then.

Although even a regular sized person would find it hard manoeuvring the bigger bodies. They should have two people in attendance then they couldn't discriminate against us vertically challenged folk.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

31-May-2019 00:39:35

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top