Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Potato? Silly billy, of course it didn't work. A mangelwurzel is the only vegetable acceptable to
Stercore Pluviam Maximus, the great God of Precipitation.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

14-May-2019 23:40:17 - Last edited on 14-May-2019 23:43:38 by FiFi LaFeles

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mangelwurzel... I had to look that up... I was like "no way that's real"... but so it is! It's a beet.

Then I started looking up funny fruit/veggie names that didn't sound real. I came across puhala. It's a fruit. It's also known as pandanus fruit.

It comes in all kinds of varieties, and I think it has to be some of the coolest looking fruit ever:

And as always google thought I needed to see something like this:
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

15-May-2019 09:32:06

Tranq
Nov
fmod Member

Tranq

Forum Moderator Posts: 61,832 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That fruit does look really cool. The person with the melon for a head seems to be experiencing a WTF moment.

As to the Mangelwurzel I honestly would have thought it was made up too. As I would have just called it a beet.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

15-May-2019 11:49:12

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Now would I just make something up in order to fox you guys?

Well, okay, I probably would.
I like the fact that it's actually real. Nothing better than finding out something you think is completely made up, is actually real. Like the first time you find out that Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch is an actual place, and not just some cat sleeping on the keyboard.
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

15-May-2019 18:44:59

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hmm said :
I lived a mile away from the good old LlanfairPG, it's entirely unremarkable. The name was purely a publicity stunt to make people think it was special and then go to it, but it's literally just any normal town.

On the plus side, the actual bits of Wales around it are really nice.

I fell for it, lol ! Years back we went camping in North Wales, near Betws y Coed, and just had to visit Llanfairetc. because with a name like that, it's gotta be special, right?
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

15-May-2019 20:24:50

CM Nick

CM Nick

Local Moderator Posts: 9,140 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NexOrigin said :
Mangelwurzel... I had to look that up... I was like "no way that's real"... but so it is! It's a beet.

Then I started looking up funny fruit/veggie names that didn't sound real. I came across puhala. It's a fruit. It's also known as pandanus fruit.

It comes in all kinds of varieties, and I think it has to be some of the coolest looking fruit ever:

And as always google thought I needed to see something like this:

Whoa, this looks otherworldly - I wonder how it tastes?
Community Manager for Jagex

| Forum Help | Account Security |

15-May-2019 20:42:29

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top