Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
FiFi LaFeles said :

Don't know why Twillow was being rude.

Huh?

She was making a dramatic *scary music* noise.
Death Watch beetle
*well known classic and cartoon scary music noise sorta like Badum-Tishhhhh after a joke*

geddit?
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

21-Jan-2019 23:21:13

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Anyway, I secretly did favour the Alien Invasion of The Bookcase theory.

Pretty sure my Nan suffered exactly the same thing. She swore she heard people speaking in a strange language coming from her woodpile. Mind you, it was directly next to her Poitín still.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

21-Jan-2019 23:36:28

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said :
Dong U Dead said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
You might have Death Watch Beetle.

Don't freak out, just Google it.

I don't believe we have that particular beetle n New Zealand? I tried googling but only stated we have a sub species. What we call the borer beetle.

Also it sounded nothing like tapping. It sounded exactly like a clock ticking, but extra fast, it ticked every second continuously without a gap. Plus the wood ain't old.
Is the bookshelf near a heat/cold source? It could simply just be the wood expanding/shrinking due to the temperature changes. It happens in my house all the time. I had to stuff a piece of Styrofoam between the water tank exhaust pipe and the wood bracing because every time the temperature changed, it would start "ticking" as it slowly expanded/contracted against the wood bracing.

I have had this often in a lot of houses I have lived in, but it's more of a creak rather than a tick of a clock. Also, this was around 7 - 8 am.

I don't know, it could be anything. Could be creaking of the house, is that isolated to one small area and at this stage once off??

Edit: My heater is next to my bookcase - I will keep an eye on it.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

22-Jan-2019 01:43:46 - Last edited on 22-Jan-2019 01:46:44 by Dong U Dead

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top