Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's the day when we are supposed to give gifts of money to people who already get paid to do a job.

For instance the refuse collection team who scatter the contents of your wheelie bin all over your front step and only half empty it anyway, then throw your food waste caddy up your garden path (also half-emptied).

Or the Postman, who never knocks if s/he has an item too big to place in your letterbox but does shove a card in there claiming to have knocked.

Or the milkman (an almost extinct species now) who unfailingly leaves your milk in the sunniest spot available, and always forgets how many pints you ordered.

That sort of thing. So very British to reward poor service.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

26-Dec-2018 23:09:21

Molly Weazly
Jul Member 2008

Molly Weazly

Posts: 4,686 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :

Or the milkman (an almost extinct species now) who unfailingly leaves your milk in the sunniest spot available, and always forgets how many pints you ordered.

You guys still have milkpeople! Wow!

I like to tip people more at this time of year, but I have lots of people that go the extra mile for me. I don't have waste pickup people that strew the garbage or mail persons that don't hand me the mail with a smile and a word.

I actually don't live in magical america either but in a densely populated area. Yet people know and recognize me. Even at Starbucks! They know my name and I know their names. I wave at my neighbors and we keep track of each other.

No everyone is not some Hallmark version of themselves, but we (so far) do our jobs and like each other. It's disheartening to hear it's so much different where you live, Fifi. Especially because here in America we keep hearing how much better it is there.

Of course, with the course we're now on, I don't expect us to improve. But I'm glad we're still good to each other for now.

27-Dec-2018 00:26:49

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,238 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Brigantia said :
Hope you Brits have enjoyed your day of boxes.

As an American, I do not understand what it is or if you're supposed to wish people a merry day or what.

STILL THO.
Lol Boxing Day in Australia is usually an excuse for shops to be open, sell cheap things and lure customers in after Christmas
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

27-Dec-2018 00:47:29

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,238 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@FiFi - I find it so bizarre that if someone’s not home, the delivery person leaves the package with the neighbours... I don’t know who the neighbour is, and I certainly don’t want any of my mail left with them... O_o I have an especially important package with my birth certificate and passport coming sometime soon and definitely don’t want that going to the neighbour. I asked the Post Office if I could pick it up from them and they said no... :@
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

27-Dec-2018 00:49:50

King Tumeken

King Tumeken

Posts: 495 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Im going to drop the ball and switch topic, for the sake of the (x) amount of players in our lovely forums;

Please, I beg the moderators and staff, to see the potential within the forums and make another effort toward collecting responsible and worthy players to aid you in following up on the forums; specifically fixes and suggestions.

I am not saying our current moderators are bad. Not one tiny bit. I believe we need more, or we need to know how unimportant the forums might really be.

I love the forums, I read a ton of material in here. Although I choose wisely when Id like to comment, I always hope its for the best of Runescape. I still read and achknowledge many players' posts. We have incredible potential here, and there are some of us that would be more than willing to help you with this. You are never short of staff here :)

Its a busy time now. We got new Jmods and a new year coming in. All the best and thank you for reading!

Continue on. I am surprised myself you have milkmen. Happy holidays.
As you touch the ancient tablet, you feel your power and energy drain slightly from within you.

27-Dec-2018 00:50:58 - Last edited on 27-Dec-2018 00:53:25 by King Tumeken

Molly Weazly
Jul Member 2008

Molly Weazly

Posts: 4,686 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
King Tumeken said :
Im going to drop the ball and switch topic, for the sake of the (x) amount of players in our lovely forums;

Please, I beg the moderators and staff, to see the potential within the forums and make another effort toward collecting responsible and worthy players to aid you in following up on the forums; specifically fixes and suggestions.

I am not saying our current moderators are bad. Not one tiny bit. I believe we need more, or we need to know how unimportant the forums might really be.

I love the forums, I read a ton of material in here. Although I choose wisely when Id like to comment, I always hope its for the best of Runescape. I still read and achknowledge many players' posts. We have incredible potential here, and there are some of us that would be more than willing to help you with this. You are never short of staff here :)

Its a busy time now. We got new Jmods and a new year coming in. All the best and thank you for reading!

Continue on. I am surprised myself you have milkmen. Happy holidays.

I totally agree with this suggestion, Loveless!

27-Dec-2018 00:57:35

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It might be different in other parts of the UK, Molly, but definitely here (and hereabouts) the refuse collectors are the surliest bunch of people I've ever come across.

The posties I can understand, we rarely see the same one twice and I hear most of them are on zero-hours contracts and piss-poor pay so the incentive to be friendly or efficient doesn't exist.

I don't know who's telling you it's better in the UK .... it's not.

(Oh, and I don't think they have Milkmen in the cities any more but out here in the Boonies there's still a few. They deliver bread and potatoes and other stuff too).
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

27-Dec-2018 01:10:25 - Last edited on 27-Dec-2018 01:12:36 by FiFi LaFeles

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,679 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How has your christmas been delay?

I got $25 cash and $25 old navy gift card from my dad and he's calling my sister so she can give me a 50% discount on what i buy from there with the gift card. Bought my mom dim sum on christmas and she bought me two chinese 300ml plum juice drinks. My christmas was great.

27-Dec-2018 01:20:16

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Brigantia said :
Hope you Brits have enjoyed your day of boxes.

As an American, I do not understand what it is or if you're supposed to wish people a merry day or what.

STILL THO.

If you are referring to boxing day - I thought this was worldwide where people celebrate Christmas?

I believe boxing day came about as a day to pack up/remove all the boxed Christmas gifts and such.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

27-Dec-2018 03:08:28

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loki said :
@FiFi - I find it so bizarre that if someone’s not home, the delivery person leaves the package with the neighbours... I don’t know who the neighbour is, and I certainly don’t want any of my mail left with them... O_o I have an especially important package with my birth certificate and passport coming sometime soon and definitely don’t want that going to the neighbour. I asked the Post Office if I could pick it up from them and they said no... :@

I have never had mail/packages left with neighbours, but not too long ago I found a package in front of my garage :O If I didn't spot it, gosh knows how long it would have sat there or until a stranger took it. I have had packages left on my porch which is right on the road, on the footpath - shocking. If the postal worker/courier can't put it in our mailbox, they should leave a card for us to collect.

I have on one occasion caught a male urinating in front of my garage :o and he didn't give to hoots when I knocked and glared at him from the window, he just bloody smiled back at me. Another time I found half a dozen if not more empty alcohol bottles left in front of my garage - not safe to leave mail/packages. It's just laziness by the poster worker.

Edit - more than once I have found my mail in the street :O I have also found other people's mail in the street :O Not good. My mailbox goes into my house which is unusual for my country.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

27-Dec-2018 03:16:58 - Last edited on 27-Dec-2018 07:14:18 by Dong U Dead

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top