Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Emberwind
Jan Member 2022

Emberwind

Posts: 10,482 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
Walked past a pet store the other day and they had two cute kittens, black and white patches. I enquired how much for them - $199NZ each :O I walked away :(

Personally, I don't buy pets. I adopt them. I think it's wrong to put a price on a living thing that isn't supposed to be food.

28-Jul-2018 00:42:47

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Emberwind said :
Dong U Dead said :
Walked past a pet store the other day and they had two cute kittens, black and white patches. I enquired how much for them - $199NZ each :O I walked away :(

Personally, I don't buy pets. I adopt them. I think it's wrong to put a price on a living thing that isn't supposed to be food.

I don't mind paying for the injections they've had or any treatment - but $199NZ is just far too steep. These kittens were older kittens.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

28-Jul-2018 03:08:50 - Last edited on 28-Jul-2018 03:09:54 by Dong U Dead

Emberwind
Jan Member 2022

Emberwind

Posts: 10,482 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They are priceless :P

Same cats, same breed, may look the same. But each has its own unique personality. They can't be priced in the first place.

There are people who wouldn't trade their ugly old dogs for a rare dog breed of thousands of dollars.

28-Jul-2018 03:30:06

Molly Weazly
Jul Member 2008

Molly Weazly

Posts: 4,686 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Emberwind said :
They are priceless :P

Same cats, same breed, may look the same. But each has its own unique personality. They can't be priced in the first place.

There are people who wouldn't trade their ugly old dogs for a rare dog breed of thousands of dollars.

Where I live adopting a pet costs money. They don't just hand them out. You have to be checked out much like adopting a child and you have to pay for their shots, spaying or neutering and other costs before you are allowed to adopt. So regardless of their priceless worth, you still have to cough up some money just to get them. Not to mention food, clothes, collars, gates, seat belts, medicines, beds, blankets, treats and toys. Which all pets deserve regardless of their origin.

So possibly Dong's kittens were rescues because that sounds like a rescue price. But you pay a price for rescues. I know.

I'm not starting an argue with you, but you have to know unless you find a rescue on the side of the road, you have to pay a steep cost to adopt one.

28-Jul-2018 05:30:55

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
True. Our last Rescue dog they charged us £200 (that was about 5 years ago).
She's just an itty-bitty mongrel. They also came round twice to inspect our property to make sure it (and we) were suitable, garden big enough, fences secure etc.

I suppose that's good in a way because it weeds out those rancid people who want to get a big or vigorous dog and keep it on the 10th floor of a high rise block of flats, or the sick bastards who are looking for an easy way to procure 'bait' dogs (or cats) to train their fighting dogs.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

28-Jul-2018 10:19:13

The contents of this message have been hidden

28-Jul-2018 10:30:39

The contents of this message have been hidden

28-Jul-2018 11:17:42

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top