Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Scouse said :
Dong U Dead said :
I've just got another call because my 10 year old son is leaving all his and my information on line - he answers adverts leaving his full name, my phone number, address and email. He just won't stop. I've just text his father hoping he will stop my son from going on line unil he learns or acknowledges safety. I know he knows it but he wants to win things or get his own card. Just Aaaarrggghhhhhhh!

Why does a 10 year old know your e-mail address and tbh at 10 he should not be owning his own phone and should be with you at most times so why would he need to know your phone number?

As for the address, nothing can be done about that

At school they do work on these computer type things (they have a special name) and he can have conversations with me, I can go and see his stories, art etc I can also comment on it.

As for phone number it's very important for children to have your contact details. So their friends can phone, if an emergency happens they can tell a person/police officer your number and address.

You must realize that emergencies can happen anytime. Even in England children can wonder off, get kidnapped, be involved in a terrorist attack, parents can collapse ie heart attack, car accident - a number of emergencies can occur where knowing three basic important information at the most youngest of age you can teach is very important - phone number and address and emergency number such as 111.

He doesn't own his own phone yet; I do want to get him one though, so he can communicate with his friends better and with me when he's at his dads. It will be a cell phone with only phone and text options.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

25-May-2018 20:18:50 - Last edited on 25-May-2018 20:26:11 by Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

FiFi LaFeles said :
In other news:

I'm sure I read somewhere recently that the lovely Mod Shauny is getting married and I think it might be today !!!

I don't doubt that we all wish he and his bride a superfantastic day ^_^

Yes, congratulations are in order then :D

25-May-2018 20:29:02

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

I've just thought of something he's not mature enough to have his own phone as he may give a stranger his number. This phone is going to be used as a learning curve - 'you need to be responsible before I buy you one'.

I don't have many curve balls for my son, so this is another one :D Bribery aye ^_^

25-May-2018 20:35:38 - Last edited on 25-May-2018 20:36:32 by Dong U Dead

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

Have a great weekend everyone.

Tuffty is suffering with a cold or something. Might even be hayfever. Also I hate this hot weather. Bring on the SNOW. :P

I don't like it this hot.

Liking it on my bike though. Been to some fun places this last few weeks. Got some trips planned with my brother and a few friends soon. Can't wait for them.

Anyway hope your all in good health and enjoying this heatwave in England and elsewhere. :D
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

26-May-2018 09:40:53

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top