Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tenebri said :
yes the image i posted is the extreme. but i can guarantee just because its been decades doesnt mean its good ;)
Of course it's not because it's been decades, it's because everyone says "yeah, that's looks good... do you think you could you do mine?".

I usually do a #8 over the entire thing, use the side fades on the sides, and trim up my hairline on my neck if I feel it needs it. Sometimes if I'm feeling extra adventurous (a.k.a. feel like spending the extra time), I'll fade up the bottom of the back of my head with a #6 and then a #4 before trimming the hairline on my neck.

Tenebri said :
im a barber (obviously) and i dont cut my own hair for a reason.
Most dentists won't pull their own teeth either, but that doesn't mean they can't.

I get it though, you're a barber, you want people to use your services. Nothing wrong with that.

But, um... you can literally look on YouTube and watch people giving themselves very good haircuts. YouTube isn't just full of bad haircuts!

But it is fun to watch people who don't know to cut their own hair, trying to do it for the first time! ^_^
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

10-Dec-2020 00:31:04

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,414 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NexOrigin said :
Tenebri said :
yes the image i posted is the extreme. but i can guarantee just because its been decades doesnt mean its good ;)
Of course it's not because it's been decades, it's because everyone says "yeah, that's looks good... do you think you could you do mine?".

Little trim for room

Tenebri said :
im a barber (obviously) and i dont cut my own hair for a reason.
Most dentists won't pull their own teeth either, but that doesn't mean they can't.

I get it though, you're a barber, you want people to use your services. Nothing wrong with that.

But, um... you can literally look on YouTube and watch people giving themselves very good haircuts. YouTube isn't just full of bad haircuts!

But it is fun to watch people who don't know to cut their own hair, trying to do it for the first time! ^_^

Comparing a dentist pulling their own tooth and a barber cutting own hair is a bit well shit. One is a medical procedure the other is not.

And oh yeah i want the 5 people that use the forums to come to my shop hahahaha. What i say here makea 0 difference to my work life.

Yes people on youtube want them likes and views. ;) ;)

But as i stated before im a barber i have the knowledge and skill to cut my own hair. But i know i will not be able to do it as well as someone doing for me. Due to many reasons

Can i and have i done my own hair. Of course lockdown was tough. Doesnt mean i will do it myself. Because i want as good as a haircut as possible. Even if i use a barber thats shittier than me.

Im not here to argue. But you seem to want to.

I can easily tell if someone has cut their own hair. There are big huge tells. Probably not recognisable to the unqualified. But that comes down to what i said originally.
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

10-Dec-2020 18:00:28

Trewavas
Jun Member 2014

Trewavas

Posts: 28,499 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
TricksCereal said :
can anybody tell me please if the luck of the dwarves effects the likelihood of receiving magical thread when crafting at the blood altar?

I don't think it does.

The RuneScape Wiki has an in-depth article about the effects of the ring (
runescape.wiki/w/Luck_of_the_Dwarves
). If it isn't listed there, then it's highly unlikely that the ring affects the drop rate.

On the other hand, the article for magical thread (
runescape.wiki/w/Magical_thread
) states:

Magical thread is an item used to create small rune pouches and large rune pouches. It is received occasionally when crafting runes through the Abyss and when crafting Combination Runes through the Abyss. The odds of receiving thread scales with the amount of essence used at once to craft. Using a demonic skull triples the chances of receiving thread.

Perhaps you could try with a skull equipped?

11-Dec-2020 01:07:38

TricksCereal
Nov Member 2020

TricksCereal

Posts: 9 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i do craft with the skull... i was just wondering cause it felt like earlier when i was wearing it i was getting more of them.... incidentally i wasnt very careful and got pked so i had to buy a new luck of the dwarves lmao... i was very salty for a few hours ... i now appreciate the forinthy bracelets.... i was wearing it on accident and accidents occur when crafting via the abyss.... thank you for the knowledge.. - Eatalotatrix

11-Dec-2020 01:11:26

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top