Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

Posts: 48,694 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They say that Tuffters has been around since the very beginning.

When the first flecks of cosmic dust settled after the universe took form, they began to take the shape of a majestic beard.

The rest, they say, is history.

07-Jun-2020 11:48:23

Twillow
Aug
fmod Member

Twillow

Forum Moderator Posts: 49,500 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was so delighted to see fresh parsnips in the produce aisle....
things are swell, things are great cuz...everything's coming up parsnips!
@Twillow_RS

For W71 Penguin locations starting January 24, 2024: www.reddit.***/r/W71PenguinWhisperers or @pengwhisper

07-Jun-2020 17:41:04

Sagzee
Jan Member 2006

Sagzee

Posts: 48,694 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've come to absolutely love parsnips. <3

Sadly don't get them very often. Last I had of the beautiful golden-y strips was at our last Christmas work-do.

Oh god they were so nice lol. Though I think they cook them in a certain way to make them 'sweeter'? Need to look into them again and cook me some up with a Sunday roast.

**Homer Simpson drooling sounds**

07-Jun-2020 17:59:41

Ailysse
Jan Member 2018

Ailysse

Posts: 1,200 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sagzee said :
I've come to absolutely love parsnips. <3

Sadly don't get them very often. Last I had of the beautiful golden-y strips was at our last Christmas work-do.

Oh god they were so nice lol. Though I think they cook them in a certain way to make them 'sweeter'? Need to look into them again and cook me some up with a Sunday roast.

**Homer Simpson drooling sounds**
I always roast them with honey drizzled over them. Really sweet and crispy.

07-Jun-2020 18:31:17

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Twillow said :
I was so delighted to see fresh parsnips in the produce aisle....
things are swell, things are great cuz...everything's coming up parsnips!

You are so lucky - I am sure our supermarket gets 'seconds' veggies, they often so very old it isn't funny. If I had a car I would shop around.

Parsnips and carrots that bend, swedes I haven't brought in many years because they are in such bad condition, not worth the money when 20 years ago I brought them near-weekly. Carrots are in such bad condition they have mould on them. Zucchinis I brought once when they were all bad in the centre, they often are bendy too. 20 years ago I used to be able to buy veggies that lasted 2 weeks. These days the veggies are lucky if they last a week. Kiddy apples are often going bad within a few days (buy them in prepacked bags).

They say eat 5+ fresh fruit and veggies a day - I can't even buy fresh veggies and it really pisses me off.

The supermarket is always packed with people so I am not sure why there produce is in such poor condition. I think they make a profit as the veggies and fruit are very expensive to buy; I feel they buy second quality veggies and put a price on for first quality veggies, same with fruit and garlic. The garlic is really bad and it's around $34NZ a kg.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

07-Jun-2020 22:05:41 - Last edited on 07-Jun-2020 22:08:33 by Dong U Dead

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top