Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Ailysse
Jan Member 2018

Ailysse

Posts: 1,200 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Spearmint30 said :
Ailysse said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
I can't imagine starting work at 5.30 am. Last time I did that was in my 20's, when I did early morning cleaning before going to my 'day' job; it was a 5am start so up at 4am.

It didn't seem tiring back then - well, nothing is very tiring when you're that young - but to do it now would be a real, and unwelcome, effort. So I take my hat off to you !!
I have to get the tills ready for when the shop opens at seven, and have done it for so many years. It does get a little more difficult now though as the years pass. It is nice though to finish at eleven. You get a good portion of the day to deal with all the other beasties. Problem is to sustain it we end up going to bed about half eight or nine, so it rather kisses goodbye to a social life.
Before I changed jobs within the company, I used to occasionally come in and work the 2am - 11am shift... it was so nice to be off work before lunch and feel like you had the rest of the day to do what you needed to do. For the most part, you could. The unfortunate bit was that I drove an hour each way, to and from work also which meant to be there by 2am, I had to leave by 1am, and up somewhere between midnight and 12:30 depending on how much time I wanted to get ready before work.

That also meant I was in bed by 5pm at the latest, while the sun was still shining outside. That bit was a bummer.. lol
That`s really harsh, and I know what you mean about going to bed when it is still light outside and you can hear other people having barbecues and drinks in the garden in the evening and it often hasn`t cooled down so difficult to sleep.

27-Feb-2020 15:42:06

Dadizar
Oct Member 2005

Dadizar

Posts: 5,902 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have gotten up at 3:30 to 4:00 AM for at least 40 years. I jokingly blame it on "farmer genes". When I get to set my own hours I always start at 5:30 AM. Great way to avoid traffic!

Just finished my double XP thanks in large part to insomnia.

Over 23.5 mil fletching XP! :) :D
§¤*
What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity. - Leo Buscaglia
»¤§

27-Feb-2020 16:01:44 - Last edited on 27-Feb-2020 16:02:26 by Dadizar

Ailysse
Jan Member 2018

Ailysse

Dadizar said :
I have gotten up at 3:30 to 4:00 AM for at least 40 years. I jokingly blame it on "farmer genes". When I get to set my own hours I always start at 5:30 AM. Great way to avoid traffic!

Just finished my double XP thanks in large part to insomnia.

Over 23.5 mil fletching XP! :) :D
Well there is more of us about than I thought, and we do usually get to see some beautiful sunrises, and to hear the dawn chorus so a few benefits to it . I quite like having done some work very early and seeing the town gradually wake up and get light outside. I get so much more done too.

27-Feb-2020 16:10:27

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,361 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@
J enesis

Yes, exaclty.. all the fun and you're like "Man, I miss my evenings...". Though, you are right about getting to see the sunrises and listen to the bird songs and everything so yeah I totally agree on the perks, too.

@
Dadizar

I think those are definitely "farmers hours" - gotta get the work done before the sun comes up and it gets hot! :P

Also, grats on the XP gains!

@
Sal VJ

Invention was what I focused on this DXP, since I just recently unlocked it. I used a gang of protean cogs, but I made decent progress I think.
Spearmint30

¤
"I wish there was a way to know you were in the good old days before you actually left them."
¤

27-Feb-2020 22:54:39

Ailysse
Jan Member 2018

Ailysse

Singularity said :
Good thing I saved some beans from POF. The XP from Golden Dragonfruit with those Supreme Growth potions is insane.
I am not quite yet at a farming level high enough to do these unfortunately, but wondered wether it is possible with skill boosts. I know I made my Divine O Matic with a skill boost before I had got to the right level in Invention and was then able to use it, but do not know how this would apply to farming. You might be the right level to plant things but would then not be when they are harvested, but would that then not matter ?

28-Feb-2020 08:46:36

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

Happy Friday everyone.

Hope we all survive this dreaded weather in the UK. Rain and lots of it.

Good luck everywhere else if you have the rain.

We all need to sing a song.

Just for some fun and to pass the time of day here is a nice song to sing outloud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ2pXaLzgQ8
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

28-Feb-2020 15:06:33

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top