Forums

DELETE LAUNCHER

Quick find code: 14-15-658-66280623

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

Posts: 20,258 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yanarht said :
With the new Jagex link, my authenticator no longer works and I feel very vulnerable. How do I make my existing authenticator work with this new set up??

Ahh I had this as my account before I migrated had authenticator but it didn't work on the log in, this is because your account is linked to a jagex account now so your log in details including username/email, password and authenticator for a specific account is no longer valid, this is because the log in for the jagex account took over, you now log in with your jagex account details

As for the authenticator if you go to your jagex account settings you can set up authenticator
write down your back up codes
if you lose your authenticator access for whatever reason you can't just simply reset it with your email without the backup codes there will be no other way to log in
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
Beware the Wolves Howl, This will be your final sound
•*º*•›•*º*•

26-May-2023 08:30:56 - Last edited on 26-May-2023 08:31:40 by Werewolf

Asahel Frost
Dec Member 2007

Asahel Frost

Posts: 16,536 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yanarht said :
Well, I have the launcher installed but when I click on "PLAY" nothing happens. I can understand the bank pin thing but now I can't get into my game atall?
Uninstall the standalone game client. The "Play" button in the Launcher should then change to "Install". Click that to install the game client again. The Launcher should then be able to start the client.
Glad to be of service :) (Powered by GPP™ - Share and Enjoy!)
Official Community Helper
( Info )
Discord: Asahel Frost
FC: SilverScaper

26-May-2023 15:43:18

Yanarht
Jul Member 2012

Yanarht

Posts: 278 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
But, should I have to uninstall then reinstall every single time I want to play, because that is what is happening?

I don't mind change, I just wish the changes worked. Also, the authenticator made me feel much more secure than this new sign-on method.

29-May-2023 10:04:35

Watcher656
Aug Member 2018

Watcher656

Posts: 159 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
don't do it it will change your log in stuff and you can't get it back to the way it was
I've had the same log in for over 20 years and they made me change it permanently and I can't undo it or delete the jagex account management

31-May-2023 00:39:39

Kings Abbot

Kings Abbot

Posts: 10,745 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Perhaps it's worth a try deleting your cache and other files. Search through the 'Program Files' and 'Program Files (x86)' (and maybe other places too) for anything jagex/RuneScape related and delete it (or temporarily move it elsewhere). Kings Eastwood in
THE GLOOP , THE BWIAN , and THE WIKI
music by Trewavio Morricone

YOU-KNOW-WHO
GO
YOU-KNOW-WHAT
YOURSELF!

31-May-2023 16:25:11

Yanarht
Jul Member 2012

Yanarht

Posts: 278 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think my problem has possibly been fixed. I was able to sign in via the JAGEX installer tonight with no difficulty. I just hope that phenomenon holds. Thanks, everyone for your patience and assistance.

01-Jun-2023 06:24:31

Jerry-mine
Jun Member 2023

Jerry-mine

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
new system sucks big time, had my account for the last 4000 + days, never had it stolen, never had problems, till some lousy idiot who has no idea how to program, pushes in.
Problems ? sure, go log in,have to reset your password c consistently 57 times in a row, before you finally get a chance to set or reset your password. That is full of garbage.

the problem being is AFTER you get your email giving you a link to reset a password, it sends you to a page, that HAS no link except the one by the set password. that sends to new page to reset, but they have to verify it is really, this is a very vicious cycle that goes on and on.
simple, you want to log in, but JAGEX does not accept your password, ok, send email verification. registered email. it send a simple link to reset your password. when you change it, go back to log in use your NEW password to log in, this is NOT crypto, not old news. Just simple. K.I.S.S
KEEP
IT
SIMPLE
S.T.U.P.I.D

15-Sep-2023 02:24:53

Quick find code: 14-15-658-66280623 Back to Top