Forums

When did you start playing RS?

Quick find code: 14-15-480-66292249

IsaacNewtonn

IsaacNewtonn

Posts: 2,306 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Started playing back then when I was in 5th grade in elementary, had a classmate who back then played a tabletop RPG game in between the classes. Told me there was this browser game that could be sometimes played in school computers called runescape. Played it ever since back then when I had free time.

23-Dec-2023 20:13:04

Louisaur
Mar Member 2024

Louisaur

Posts: 999 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Discovered it back as a child during the flash browser era 2003ish. used to play tons on cartoon network and miniclip.. then suddenly frontpage of miniclip showed a game called runescape the rest is history. Click here to enter your signature.

24-Dec-2023 01:13:18

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello.

Because you are asking people when they started to play RuneScape I moved the thread out of Off Topic as thats not for discussing RuneScape.

I started way back in late 2001. Still here and Yes still playing. Still get the thrills out of the game today as I did back then. Just now the game is much MUCH bigger and better then it was when I first started.

Disclaimer.

Don't put down the Exact date you started as thats used to recover the account. Just a tip there. Stay safe.
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

24-Dec-2023 11:15:02

Madman911
Feb Member 2012

Madman911

Posts: 1,726 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I started in 1999 (when was free to play only) and have had membership since the first day you had to pay. Different owners and thought processes now. Andrew's crew was concerned with game play and combat. Last 10 years, Jagex is more concentrated on the development of cosmetics.

24-Dec-2023 21:11:14

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 25,052 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My first holiday event was the Halloween 2005.

Was at a neighbor's and he decided to hop on and play....I saw it, wanted to try the game (since it was continuous and not a linear story and then repeat things on end). Ran home, googled the name, created my acct.

AAAND, many years later, still here!
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

24-Dec-2023 21:18:04

Demonicsfire
Mar Member 2023

Demonicsfire

Posts: 271 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
back in 04 just after rune crafting came out. still have my yoyo on my first account. i fell old saying that, lol

got told about it by some of my friends that would ride our bikes to school together. all they would do is talk about what that did in runscape all the way to school. it would get very annoying caz i didnt know what the hell they were talking about.

got even more annoying when i did join only for a few years later my mates went to wow. now THAT was annoying. i prob knew as much about wow as a normal wow player, yet not even playing it, lol

from them to now i have gone thought a few different accounts but finally got my end goal on this one (99 in all skills and all quests. made that my goal before the quest/max cape were out) so im happy
Logic, who needs it...

24-Dec-2023 22:18:23

Ice Cube8899

Ice Cube8899

Posts: 755 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just logged in at probably well over a decade. According to Hans, 17 and half years ago, Summer of 06'. Though I played earlier version of the game early 2000's.

Good times indeed. Thought I'd pop my head in and was curious to see what my account looked like after all these years. Everything is still there as I had left it, even remembering the Bank Pin wasn't hard which surprised me at first. Now I can't really do anything as my Bank spaces well exceed what I have now. I'm assuming I have to be a member of some sorts to get more space? Too bad I can't see my old forum posts to see what I was up to back in the day.

But anyways, it was a nice time capsule to open and go through. Hehe. ^_^

Happy Holidays ya'll!

25-Dec-2023 05:02:27

Kings Abbot

Kings Abbot

Posts: 10,794 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Now I can't really do anything as my Bank spaces well exceed what I have now. I'm assuming I have to be a member of some sorts to get more space?

You can sell members-only items on the GE in f2p to make room.

Also, members items first fill up the members-only part of the bank, and only overflows in the f2p part when the members part is full. You can see with the two counters at the bottom of the bank interface. as long as the free part doesn't overflow into the members part you should be fine.
Kings Eastwood in
THE GLOOP , THE BWIAN , and THE WIKI
music by Trewavio Morricone

YOU-KNOW-WHO
GO
YOU-KNOW-WHAT
YOURSELF!

25-Dec-2023 09:32:27

Mexk
Aug
fmod Member

Mexk

Forum Moderator Posts: 19,631 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Started back in 2004!
¸,.•
Mexk
•.,¸

Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone
¨`'°«„¸¸„»°'
'°«„¸¸„»°'´¨

25-Dec-2023 15:34:55

Quick find code: 14-15-480-66292249 Back to Top