Forums

Tried the New Skill today

Quick find code: 14-15-385-66283485

Fun Lupon

Fun Lupon

Posts: 7,441 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
3 years ago, I did not have time off to play Archaeology. So I decided to wait until the next new skill was announced, and then play Archaeology a month before. I am really excited to try out Archaeology this July.

Do Ironmen and mains still have a healthy rivalry? Last time I played, we would debate who were the bigger losers in our closed chats. As a main, I can say Irons have made RS a better place.

Anyway. What was I saying. Oh. Ok, its Archaeology time!

Question: Who gets 99 Necromancy faster, Rank 4 Ironman, or Rank 400 Main? Guessing is welcome. My guess is Rank 4 Ironman.

13-Jul-2023 10:06:17

Raphella
Jan Member 2005

Raphella

Posts: 1,069 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Have fun! The invention content is amazing. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

xoxox
-Raphy
Never uses treasure hunter keys. Never buys runecoins or bonds. Never pays extra for 'Premier' status or passes. Never will.

13-Jul-2023 12:08:59 - Last edited on 13-Jul-2023 12:52:29 by Raphella

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I doubt many RS3 players really care about IM in RS3. IM may be alts for most players in RS3, and not really a serious game mode. This point is clearly illustrated in RS3 FSW as IM could not play. It shows RS3 doesn't see new players being too interested in a game mode like IM. IM is mostly alt mode, not a serious game mode in RS3.

Archaeology and Necromancy are two skills probably can't be really compared with each other either. We know Archaeology is great. Jagex explicitly stated Archaeology as one of the biggest catalysts for RS3's revenue growth of 18%, and record revenue of Jagex, in 2020.

No doubt Archaeology is a great skill. Archaeology has a lot to offer. It is not just a new skill. It added a lot of game content to a lot of other skills and expanded them vastly. It added a lot of lore based content to RS3. However, it is not a game changing skill that Necromancy is going to be as it didn't change the ways we play the 20 year old game. Archaeology is an expansion to old game features, but not a game changer that even more players long for.

I think players, especially existing players will find Necromancy very fun to play as it offers fresh new way to do combat, and new ways for skillers to be even more prominent in the combat space. This is game changing in many aspects, including the fresh economy, that the great Archaeology can't match.

13-Jul-2023 16:02:21

Jeremy C
Jun Member 2008

Jeremy C

Posts: 15,525 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you enjoy lore and have a completionist approach to the game, you're going to love Archaeology. This skill lends itself well to both of those two things. Archaeology was a great addition to the game, and it's going to be tough for Necromancy to top it.

Fun Lupon said :
Question: Who gets 99 Necromancy faster, Rank 4 Ironman, or Rank 400 Main? Guessing is welcome. My guess is Rank 4 Ironman.

I'm thinking a non-ironman account will most likely achieve 99, 120, and 200m first.
Jeremy C

13-Jul-2023 19:43:03

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jeremy C said :
If you enjoy lore and have a completionist approach to the game, you're going to love Archaeology. This skill lends itself well to both of those two things. Archaeology was a great addition to the game, and it's going to be tough for Necromancy to top it.

Fun Lupon said :

I'm thinking a non-ironman account will most likely achieve 99, 120, and 200m first.

We don't know much about Necromancy's lore yet, but today we begin to see 9 quests being mentioned initially. Why not do Archaeology and Necromancy for lore? Better yet... why not do Archaeology and Necromancy for inter-related lore of each other? We have learned of Daemonheim Archaeology following the grand release of Necromancy.... They are strongly hinted on Necromancy may be the Archaeology of the 1st Age Gielinor while Archaeoloy is about the lore of 2nd and 3rd Ages Gielinor. BTW, the prelude quest to Necromancy comes next week. We are going to finally learn of the past of the fabled Raptor and, play as him and delve deep into a Dragonkin establishment not mentioned in Archaeology or 2nd and 3rd Ages Gielinorean histroies. It is going to be hidden under First Age dirts. We are going to dig out such First Age secrets with our Necromancy skill and rituals instead of a mattock.

RS3 is about the past, present and the future of Gielinor after all. Every new update may have some revelations for the past. Every new update, Necromancy included, may be the "Archaeology" of classic Gielinor. So afterall, Archaeology may be a great head start to prepare for Necromancy or First Age lore and we well eventually be Meeting First Age History again.

14-Jul-2023 01:10:57 - Last edited on 14-Jul-2023 01:35:15 by Dilbert2001

Quick find code: 14-15-385-66283485 Back to Top