? Clan Help ¿ Thread is locked

Quick find code: 135-136-636-65469248

Sicariu
Feb Member 2011

Sicariu

Posts: 9,648 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi,

This is right place to ask :P

As Deputies, you can assign a lot of different permissions to ranks Admin through Overseer, but not to your own rank because you can't assign permissions to yourself. That being said, there are some permissions that you cannot assign to others if your rank has not already been granted those permissions. Your best option would be to ask your Clan Leader to double check over these when he can, and make sure all permissions possible to give to Deputies are assigned to you in his absence.

If he is already gone, I'm sorry to say that you're probably out of luck. :( There is nothing that can be done for an absent Leader if these things are not taken care of before taking a leave of absence. Jagex will only step in to replace a Leader, and they will only do this if that person has not logged in for one consecutive year.

As for kick/ban permissions, all ranks Admin+ can kick clan members and add/remove players from your ban list by default, and this cannot be changed. You may notice an option in the Clan Settings for kicking, but this is for permission to kick Guests from your Clan Chat, which is often mistaken for full kicking permissions.

Hope this helps a bit. Let me know if you have any further questions.
~ Sicariu
Leader of
No Sigil No Sleep
- founded 1 April 2013
Need Clan Help ?

16-Oct-2016 16:09:49

Crunchyonion

Crunchyonion

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thank you, Sicariu! Luckily we still have some contact with him, so we may just have to be a bit patient. This explained a lot, thanks again! If a chicken had lips, could it whistle?

16-Oct-2016 17:53:16 - Last edited on 16-Oct-2016 17:54:12 by Crunchyonion

Darth Maddox

Darth Maddox

Posts: 25 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Soo i have this issue i haven't been able to figure out. I was recently recruited to a clan and then the owner appointed me the new owner and left. well now i tried to leave and appoint another a leaded but it wont let me make changes or leave without appointing another member as owner. but without being able to make changes Im stuck and just want to leave the clan completely.

any help is greatly appreciated, cheers.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity"

19-Oct-2016 17:44:02

Sicariu
Feb Member 2011

Sicariu

That's really strange to recruit someone and then leave them in charge O_o

Anyway, clans cannot be left without someone in the Owner's position because that's the way they're coded. Seeing as you're looking to leave, you have 2 options to leave your clan.

1. Kick the other 2 members of the clan, and then go to the Clan Scribe in the Clan Camp south of Falador to ask for your clan to be disbanded. This will delete the clan.

2. Promote one of the other 2 members of the clan to Deputy Owner, and then attempt to leave the clan. With someone in the Deputy Owner position, they will automatically take the Owner's position if the Clan Owner leaves.

Hope this helps.
~ Sicariu
Leader of
No Sigil No Sleep
- founded 1 April 2013
Need Clan Help ?

19-Oct-2016 23:34:37

Doli

Doli

Posts: 52 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,
I recall there being a place where you can submit a clan's offsite forums to Jagex, where, if approved, they could then have their link shared and posted on Runescape Forums. Does this place still exist, is it active, or did I just dream it?
Thanks!
C
r
az
e
d P
ker
s
FC
~
Fridays 22:00
W33 Clan Wars

02-Nov-2016 18:52:43

Sicariu
Feb Member 2011

Sicariu

Doli said :
Hello,
I recall there being a place where you can submit a clan's offsite forums to Jagex, where, if approved, they could then have their link shared and posted on Runescape Forums. Does this place still exist, is it active, or did I just dream it?
Thanks!

There used to be a Sticky for these in this forum section, but it was deleted in May of this year.

I'm not exactly sure why, but I'm assuming it was not a priority to maintain, and there was a lack of available time for Jmods to check/update the thread as well as review new sites.
~ Sicariu
Leader of
No Sigil No Sleep
- founded 1 April 2013
Need Clan Help ?

02-Nov-2016 22:23:05

Kera
Aug Member 2010

Kera

Posts: 11,100 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For as long as there is at least one person in that clan, whether they are inactive or not, the clan name will remain with them.

There have been many requests for inactive clan names to be released, in a similar way to how individual names were, but there are no plans for that to happen any time soon

Kera
Kera:
Proud leader of Shattered Moon

03-Nov-2016 18:36:26

Quick find code: 135-136-636-65469248 Back to Top