Forums

? Clan Help ¿ Thread is locked

Quick find code: 135-136-636-65469248

YHWH Is Love
May Member 2022

YHWH Is Love

Posts: 12 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am a member of the clan "Flames of Revenge".

Due to declining membership, our clan has been inactive for several months just like many other clans. We closed our citadel, blocked all access, and expected our citadel to remain at tier 7. Fortunately, with the introduction of the Invention skill, a lot of old players have returned! We just reopened our citadel, and we were utterly shocked and disappointed.

OUR CITADEL HAS BEEN RESET TO TIER 2?!!

Until just yesterday, our citadel was tier 7, and the official Runescape hiscores said exactly as much. Why did we lose 5 citadel tiers in a single day? We worked years for our ranking, and due to some yet unexplained phenomena, our clan has lost its prestige. We did everything in our power to preserve our tier 7 citadel. Could someone please explain why we have been sent back to the dark ages?

Thank you for your time.

29-Jan-2016 04:14:10

YHWH Is Love
May Member 2022

YHWH Is Love

If it's worth mentioning, the majority of our clan members still possess a 3-star fealty clan cape.

That is to say, no member of our clan has visited our citadel since it was tier 7. I've been trying to think of some reasoning for the 5-tier rollback-in-a-day, but there remains no logical basis for our citadel being reverted to it's tier-2 status. Surely, our clan capes would not all show tier-3 fealty if we have been playing for week after week, while our citadel was being being rolled back week after week.

Please, someone, shed some light on this injustice.

29-Jan-2016 04:49:15

Calm Enigma

Calm Enigma

Forum Moderator Posts: 10,882 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Regarding your question, not entering a citadel only stalls its decline unfortunately. So if no one enters for many months, it will appear to have remained untouched judging by the clan page; however, once someone does enter, all the missed upkeeps will take effect, causing the citadel to downgrade multiple tiers. From what I gather, the only way to get Tier 7 back is to rebuild it =\

Conversely, the clan cloaks do not seem to work that way - you'll only lose stars if you enter the cutadel but do not cap enough; if you do not enter at all there is no change. The way I view the reasoning is that Jagex expects clans as a whole to be active year-round, but give leniency to the fealty of players as there may be some weeks where they are unable to log on etc. That's just my interpretation though, I'm not sure what the official reasoning is.
-
C.E.

Clam Enigma's evil twin | Council of the RS
W
arring League

-•¤{
Wicked
Fury
}¤•-

29-Jan-2016 09:39:56

YHWH Is Love
May Member 2022

YHWH Is Love

That is terribly unfortunate.

If we had any way of knowing that our citadel was degrading, we would certainly have been visiting it!

As it stands, Jagex told us that it was tier 7 (through our clan page and the Runescape hiscores). But lo and behold, these were not true.

Is there any way of speaking to a Jagex moderator about this topic? If we knew it was degrading, we most certainly would have worked it. We could have done something!!! We would have done something! Yet the game showed us that everything was perfectly fine - except it wasn't. We lost 2 years of work in 2 months, while Jagex was assuring us that no work was lost. I personally lost hundreds of hours of gameplay, and some clan members lost even more.

Thank you for the reply, Calm Enigma. As you eloquently stated in so many words, this game mechanic is not clearly defined, and its effects are tragic. I hope Jagex will see this and enact some coding that will reverse or otherwise improve its consequences. Regardless, thank you for reading this. Best wishes!

30-Jan-2016 03:15:26 - Last edited on 30-Jan-2016 04:10:35 by YHWH Is Love

Kera
Aug Member 2010

Kera

Posts: 11,100 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It is very unfortunate that you didn't know this has happened, and you are by no means the only clan this has happened to. There is no way a JMod will "fix this for you, though perhaps one will comment on the subject, along the lines of what Calm has already advised.

Upkeep - by its very definition, is required to maintain what you had. Bottom line, why would you assume that you could keep what you had without collecting it ? this wouldn't be fair to other clans ( many of which struggle to collect it each week). Certainly the citadel information on the clan page is misleading. and it is unfortunate that it is this you relied upon.

Now you need to look to the future and rebuild to where you were .

Best of luck,

Kera x
Kera:
Proud leader of Shattered Moon

30-Jan-2016 12:33:44

E i r i k
Apr Member 2020

E i r i k

Posts: 695 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This might not be the right place to post my question but I'll try anyway, hopefully someone can help us. We have recently increased our clan requirements to total level 2400+, and therefore we would like to edit our thread on the "Clan recruitment forum". Is this possible or do we have to make a completely new thread? Or could a forum Mod edit it for us?

Our clan is called "Force of War" and our thread can be found under "Recruitment - 100 combat and over"
Proud Owner of
Force of War

02-Feb-2016 17:43:10

Calm Enigma

Calm Enigma

Forum Moderator Posts: 10,882 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've updated the title for you but, as Kera mentioned, title changes, thread moves and locks should be requested in the Forum Help thread using the template provided in the first post there. Also, just a heads up that the first post of your recruitment thread still states the requirement as 2300+ :) -
C.E.

Clam Enigma's evil twin | Council of the RS
W
arring League

-•¤{
Wicked
Fury
}¤•-

02-Feb-2016 22:49:50

Quick find code: 135-136-636-65469248 Back to Top