Forums

Aftermath Quest Problem

Quick find code: 98-99-40-66270104

Pollychrome
Apr Member 2007

Pollychrome

Posts: 248 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm at the very end of the Aftermath quest where I'm to speak to Adrasteia to complete the quest. She says to meet her in the library of the Falador Castle, but I can only find her in the throne room. I choose the option to continue the Aftermath quest when I go up the stairs, but every time I tried she wanted to start the Succession quest. I've tried logging in and out, accepting the Succession quest, etc., but I can't finish Aftermath because she only discusses Succession. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, how did you solve it? Thanks in advance for any help!

26-Dec-2022 04:36:58

Pollychrome
Apr Member 2007

Pollychrome

Yes, that is exactly where I went to find her, but she's not there. She's always in the Throne Room. I was able to complete the Succession quest, but the Aftermath quest is still showing as "started". Most frustrating.

Interestingly, when I access the staircase to the Throne Room it always asks me if I want to continue Aftermath. If I say yes, it takes me back to the having completed the Succession quest and there's not even a hint of the Aftermath quest.

I hope that clarifies things!

28-Dec-2022 01:08:07

Pollychrome
Apr Member 2007

Pollychrome

Tren said :
Is it possible you didn't complete the conversations with Armadyl to trigger Adrasteia being in the library?
What does your Quest Journal say is your next step?

I definitely finished the conversation with Armadyl, and he flew away. Then I was directed to go speak to Adrasteia in the library, but she wasn't there. At that point, I went up the stairs, and was prompted to follow the Aftermath quest. When I spoke to her, of course she wanted to start Succession. Strange!

29-Dec-2022 02:41:41

Pollychrome
Apr Member 2007

Pollychrome

Tren said :
Is it possible you didn't complete the conversations with Armadyl to trigger Adrasteia being in the library?
What does your Quest Journal say is your next step?

I'm sorry, I forgot to answer your question re the Quest Journal. It shows in yellow as the only thing on my quest list and says "You have started this miniquest." Since miniquests don't show the steps, it's kind of useless to guide me in what needs to be done next.

29-Dec-2022 03:13:29

Pollychrome
Apr Member 2007

Pollychrome

Tren said :
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Quest Journal not showing steps for miniquests.

I don't know what else to suggest, except to submit a Bug Report , if you haven't already done so.

I will probably do that. This has happened to me before, I think with the purple cat miniquest, where it kept saying I hadn't completed it when I had. It eventually resolved itself. I did actually finish that one, though, and I haven't been able to finish this one.

Thank you for your help! It's very much appreciated.

31-Dec-2022 00:05:58

Quick find code: 98-99-40-66270104 Back to Top