Forums

Pro Fit - Flipping Clan

Quick find code: 93-94-585-65265497

Mr Pdz

Mr Pdz

Posts: 244 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Welcome to the recruitment thread of "Pro Fit", a clan full of dedicated flippers and investors.
We plan to achieve a tight-knit community of like-minded flippers and merchants, although I must stress that we are NOT a merchanting clan. If you are attempting to join our clan to leech profits you will not be accepted.

Just to give you all a quick introduction of myself, I am known as Pdz and I started runescape in 2006, I played every few day for the next few months and then became bored and quit, then came back in 2009. I continued to play on and off until 2011, where I began to play quite often and taught myself how to flip. I flipped with my small 30m cash stack until I reached around 500m, then focused more on training and ended up losing a lot of that cash.
Mid 2012 I began flipping again, and by January 2013 I achieved a long term goal, max cash. My current goals are just to continue improving my market knowledge and flipping skills, and sharing these skills with a clan full of other keen flippers.

All applicants must fill out form below, and it would be great if you gave yourself a quick introduction too.

Why do you want to join our clan?

What are your current Runescape goals?

Do you flip regularly?

Do you follow the economy of Runescape regularly?

Do you like discussing prices and trends?

What are some recent investments of yours?*

What items do you flip regularly

Have you ever merched during 2008-2011 trade-restricted ge merchanting era? If so, how long?

What about before free trade got removed on January 1st, 2008? If so, how long?

Do you use Pc101/Flipchat1 to flip?

* Doesn't have to be answered

Good Luck!

14-Jan-2014 11:25:33

Mr Pdz

Mr Pdz

Posts: 244 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Introduction of Sa1e

I started out on Runescape in Fall of 2004. After weeks of sweaty work collecting the feathers to achieve my first 100k, I slowly tested the waters of Runescape merchanting world. I slowly crept into it and became one of my life-long hobby of Runescape. I've been merchanting for over 8.5 years since then to today.

I went through 3 years of original free trade. Last 1.5 years was when I became a member, I merchanted Dragon med helms at 1.0-1.2m each, making 50k-100k per trade, 1-3 trades per hour at Falador park. I moved up to Dragon legs at 2.5-2.6m, then to Abyssal whips at 3.6-3.8m each. Eventually, I climbed up to Amulet of furies when it was 7.6m each.

I achieved my first 10m shortly before free trade got removed, I thought merchanting on Runescape was at absolute end. But it was a bright beginning of G.E. merchanting. One day I went to GE to buy a Bandos tassets because I thought it was cool, I used 11.5m of my 12m cash stack to buy one. It instant bought at -5% under market, refunding me about 575k. I decided to try to sell it minutes later, I managed to sell it 2 minutes later at market price, netting me 575k profit. I was amazed.

After that Bandos tassets incident, I got myself into mainly GWD merchanting, my bank boomed to 200m in early 2009 after about 1 year. Purple partyhat was 64m at that time. Everyone still had a mindset that partyhats are dropping forever and I was a scared noob, sadly I chose not to buy one.

I climbed to a peak of 680m (after I spent 270m on 99 crafting + Sc'd smithing) in end of 2010.

Free trade came back and flipping was born on that very day. Then I spent 285m on herblore in 2011, bottoming out at 450m.

I then started to do some serious flipping at 450m, started with 3a in Spring 2012. I climbed up to Red partyhat + 1 billion in Oct 2012. then I lost it all. I flipped it back from ground zero in 4.5 months. Richer now.

14-Jan-2014 11:27:02

Brothacrt

Brothacrt

Posts: 296 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why do you want to join our clan?
To learn how to flip items and grow my bank so that I can level up my skills
What are your current Runescape goals?
To get 99 woodcutting then maybe 99 attack
Do you flip regularly?
no
Do you follow the economy of Runescape regularly?
yes
Do you like discussing prices and trends?
yes
What are some recent investments of yours?*
none
What items do you flip regularly
none
Have you ever merched during 2008-2011 trade-restricted ge merchanting era? If so, how long?
no
What about before free trade got removed on January 1st, 2008? If so, how long?
no
Do you use Pc101/Flipchat1 to flip?
no

15-Jan-2014 04:48:57

Botfisherman

Botfisherman

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is perfect. Just yesterday, I made a thread in the "looking for a clan" for a clan exactly like this.

Answers to questions:
1. To be in a clan with like-minded people, share tips and goals, talk about the economy, and etc.
2. To be richer than I thought I could be, and I have a pretty high level of confidence in my merching abilities
3. Quick-flipping, Swing-Flipping, and investing are the definition of my Runescape activity. If I play, I'm constantly flipping, but it's been hard to play because I've been somewhat alone (see 5)
4. Yes if I play consistently. I've been looking to get back into playing consistently through a specialized clan with like-minded people.
5. I'm pretty talkative, and on any MMO, the economy is what really interests me. I've actually been kicked out of a casual clan that had an anti-merch (read: general profiteer) bias due to the clan manipulation era.
6. No comment
7. I have a few "regular" items, that are pretty quirky, which I'd rather not say (quirky, niche-market, easy to overtake,) but I also regularly check and quick-flip standard items like dragon armors and consumables.
8. No, I was merching different online games during that time (see About Me)
9. Not to any significant extent, no.
10. No, I've been entirely alone. I didn't know those FC's existed

About Me: Rather than type it all again, here's my slightly arrogant advertisement: Click

15-Jan-2014 05:04:16 - Last edited on 15-Jan-2014 05:04:54 by Botfisherman

Quick find code: 93-94-585-65265497 Back to Top