Sixth Realm

Quick find code: 90-91-411-60578010

Vivek
Dec Member 2023

Vivek

Posts: 4,322 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
--------------------

Quick note to Malin:

Mal, if possible do you think you can hop in-game sometime this evening? I think I should be able to go on even towards the later GMT times.

I was hoping to just clarify some stuff, as we all seem to have been quite busy. :P

Sorry! I hope you manage to see this!

*¨)
.•'¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
(¸.•'(¸.• Vivek333~

--------------------

24-Feb-2011 21:17:23

Vivek
Dec Member 2023

Vivek

~¤» Sixth Realm ~ Colour Challenge

Alright all, the thread regarding today's event has been posted, so *please* drop a message there to support Malin who has put in a great deal of effort into the event.

QFC: 42-43-13-62457241

Also, as most of you would already know, this is in fact possibly one of Malin's last events so do come along! :)

=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_

Also, from that riddle that was released sometime last year, I never released the full solution. So, as requested here it is - along with the original question:

"Situation: You are a game ranger on the vast sun-beaten plains of Africa. Your task is to capture an elephant safely with the tools that have been provided.

Your tools: 1 magnifying glass, 1 pair of tweezers/tongs and an empty matchbox.

And there you are - see if you can capture that elephant!"

Well, as I remember we had some very amusing suggested answers to this - but none were quite right. Although, however ridiculous Jay's one was, it was quite close in some way.

Solution:

Firstly, you take the empty matchbox and open it up fully so that it is completely flat (like in the shape's net form).

Next, get the magnifying glass and turning it over, look at it through a slight angle - holding the face of it away from you so that the elephant appears in a very shrunk form.

Use the tweezers to grip the now flattened and open match box to place it under the shrunk elephant, all the while keeping the magnifying glass in place.

And ta da!! You can now claim to have "captured" your own African elephant!

:D :D :D

I told you the solution would be quite "questionable"!

=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_

All threads have been updated to match the latest.

There will also be a Clan Council meeting before the end of this week - the Council shall post up any news following the meet.

Also, make sure you check the clan news & announcements!

~ Vivek333

25-Feb-2011 17:46:35 - Last edited on 25-Feb-2011 19:18:09 by Vivek

Malin441

Malin441

Posts: 226 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the event today and hope you had a good time. As you may/may not know, I will be leaving the clan. I don't like the word 'leaving'; 'inactive' is probably a much better word. Reasons being that I currently just don't have the time. I would love to attend every event that the clan hosts, but unfortunately I just can't. Additionally, time that I do spend in the game will be limited and therefore would like to make it my own time. I hope you don't think this is a selfish reason. I also don't think it's fair on other members of the clan for me to have a high rank and not be active within the clan, and for that reason, I think it's fairer this way.

This clan has been great, I've met a lot of great people, and I'll still chat to you ingame for sure! Massive thanks to Vivek for inviting me to this clan. You're a brilliant clan leader as well a great long term ingame friend :)

Anyway, I don't want to ramble on. Take care everyone, and hope to chat soon <3 <3

~Lover of Sixth Realm, Mal :)

25-Feb-2011 21:57:02

Vivek
Dec Member 2023

Vivek

Mal, I would hate to actually say "good bye", as you have truly been an amazing person to have in the clan, as well as a great friend - not just to myself, but so many others.

We are most definitely going to miss you.
Thank you so much for all the things you have done - and I hope your event was a good note to go out on.
I understand what you mean; real life is well... just that, I suppose. You cannot leave it behind, no matter how hard you try.

I hope to see you in-game actively for a few more days - really can't believe you are truly 'leaving' in a sense.

From myself, as well as on behalf of everyone at Sixth Realm, I wish you the very best of luck. Take care, and we hope to see you sometime - hopefully soon!!
We will always be here.

:) :) :)

~ Vivek333
~ Sixth Realm

26-Feb-2011 02:18:13

Jayesh
Dec Member 2023

Jayesh

Posts: 1,596 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*crys*

i dont know what im crying over more, mal leaving or how evil/(close i was to) that riddle.
¸•**•. . .. ... `›.¸¸,,.‹º¹¹º›¸ . .. . -›¸
':,¸¸,,+¹`¨´'; .. . Jayesh .. °›.¸¸,,›'
;;;:;:::.:... ... ':,¸¸,,.

27-Feb-2011 00:25:16 - Last edited on 01-Mar-2011 23:25:31 by Jayesh

Vivek
Dec Member 2023

Vivek

~^v~ ¥ ~v^~ ¤ ~^v~ ¥ ~v^~ ~^v~ ¥ ~v^~ ¤ ~^v~ ¥ ~v^~ ~^v~ ¥ ~v^~ ¤ ~^v~ ¥ ~v^~ ~^v~ ¥ ~v^~ ¤ ~^v~

~¤» Clan Council Meeting

For all the Clan Council members...

- Clan Council Meeting
Tuesday, 1st March
8:00pm GMT

(It will be an in-game meet, location will be told closer to the date).

We have some pretty important things to go over which will benefit the clan as a whole.
It is quite crucial that most, if not all of us can make it this time.

See you guys there. :)

*¨)
.•'¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
(¸.•'(¸.• Vivek333~

P.S. Sad times, Jay.

~^v~ ¥ ~v^~ ¤ ~^v~ ¥ ~v^~ ~^v~ ¥ ~v^~ ¤ ~^v~ ¥ ~v^~ ~^v~ ¥ ~v^~ ¤ ~^v~ ¥ ~v^~ ~^v~ ¥ ~v^~ ¤ ~^v~

28-Feb-2011 00:56:48

Jayesh
Dec Member 2023

Jayesh

Posts: 1,596 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There was no clan council mettign today because we fail at meeting at the same time.

- tell me wen it will be viv so i can make space in my schedule, if there is to be one.

EDIT: im "always" free friday nights -onwards- towards sunday 'till' evening ( i might be busy at sunday evenings, but im usually free) - but really any day with evening times i can make time for.
¸•**•. . .. ... `›.¸¸,,.‹º¹¹º›¸ . .. . -›¸
':,¸¸,,+¹`¨´'; .. . Jayesh .. °›.¸¸,,›'
;;;:;:::.:... ... ':,¸¸,,.

01-Mar-2011 23:16:29 - Last edited on 02-Mar-2011 19:37:23 by Jayesh

Vivek
Dec Member 2023

Vivek

Ehh, yea - come on guys!!

Let's get these time zones sorted.
Although, thanks to Soulja for coming along, and Jay later.

Well, as it is not a large clan meeting we can be a little more flexible about it. If possible, it would be very helpful if those in the Council can just post days and times they are free this week.

*¨)
.•'¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
(¸.•'(¸.• Vivek333~

01-Mar-2011 23:19:12

Quick find code: 90-91-411-60578010 Back to Top