Forums

Kags POP Encyclopedia V6

Quick find code: 75-76-639-66118461

Thingummywut
Jan Member 2003

Thingummywut

Posts: 354 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Are the mechanics how the various standard voyages in a region are rolled known? Having long maxed most ports-related content, I for instance very rarely see some of the voyages rewarding 120 jade in The Bowl, but I don't think all of them appear. (Specifically, I've been trying to get the "A Friend Indeed", "First Contact", "I Spy", and "Longma" voyages in The Bowl for some years now without success, and I would expect them to appear as voyages with similar requirements and rewards do appear, albeit very rarely.) Similarly, every region seems to have some sort of beginner voyages that somehow stop appearing at some point.

It would be interesting to know exactly what determines the pool of possible standard voyages.

Another question relates to the random updates: your listing seems to match that found on the wiki, but there seem to be a few in both that don't appear at all. Is your listing independently collected or are the same mistakes likely to appear in both listings?

24-May-2022 19:23:43

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Posts: 20,299 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thingummywut said :
Are the mechanics how the various standard voyages in a region are rolled known? Having long maxed most ports-related content, I for instance very rarely see some of the voyages rewarding 120 jade in The Bowl, but I don't think all of them appear. (Specifically, I've been trying to get the "A Friend Indeed", "First Contact", "I Spy", and "Longma" voyages in The Bowl for some years now without success, and I would expect them to appear as voyages with similar requirements and rewards do appear, albeit very rarely.) Similarly, every region seems to have some sort of beginner voyages that somehow stop appearing at some point.

It would be interesting to know exactly what determines the pool of possible standard voyages.

Another question relates to the random updates: your listing seems to match that found on the wiki, but there seem to be a few in both that don't appear at all. Is your listing independently collected or are the same mistakes likely to appear in both listings?

The exact formula and distance breakpoints are not known.

Distance (progress) into the region determines which resource voyage amounts are possible. For example, you don't see 275 Terracotta and 560 Azure voyages until you are well into the region (distance wise).

At endgame, all Bamboo and Azure voyages are possible. (Edited)
The 2 highest resource voyage amounts for Gunpowder (150, 250), Black Slate (180, 300), Cherrywood (300, 500), Jade (360, 600), Stainless Steel (450, 700).
- There's a single voyage for 160 and 175 Gunpowder as well.
The 3 highest resource voyage amounts for Terracotta (125, 175, 275).

The random updates listing was gotten a very long time ago, from mostly the Wiki then, but also some ingame. Do you have a better, more updated list? I don't even know if Jagex added any more random updates within the last 7 years.
Kags Player Owned Ports (POP) Encyclopedia V6
HLF V5

25-May-2022 04:46:59 - Last edited on 26-May-2022 05:04:15 by Kags

Thingummywut
Jan Member 2003

Thingummywut

Posts: 354 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kags said :

The exact formula and distance breakpoints are not known.

Distance (progress) into the region determines which resource voyage amounts are possible. For example, you don't see 275 Terracotta and 560 Azure voyages until you are well into the region (distance wise).

At endgame, all Bamboo voyages are possible.
The 2 highest resource voyage amounts for Gunpowder (150, 250), Black Slate (180, 300), Cherrywood (300, 500), Jade (360, 600), Stainless Steel (450, 700).
- There's a single voyage for 160 and 175 Gunpowder as well.

The 3 highest resource voyage amounts for Terracotta (125, 175, 275) and Azure (240, 360, 560).

The random updates listing was gotten a very long time ago, from mostly the Wiki then, but also some ingame. Do you have a better, more updated list? I don't even know if Jagex added any more random updates within the last 7 years.

Your available voyage description doesn't seem accurate. As I described above, some voyages rewarding 120 Jade also appear very rarely, and I'm pretty sure I'm quite commonly seeing a lot of 120 Azure voyages too. These observations are what drew me to investigate the mechanics further, but I haven't been able to confirm anything solid.

For ports updates, the listings seem almost correct, but I've not been able to confirm that the following updates exist anymore, if they ever did:
* Your ship <ship name> managed to avoid some pirates.
* The captain of <ship name> says he saw a giant whale! But no one in the crew believed in him...
* Your ship <ship name> has had its rations transformed into poisonous fungi, so the crew has summoned giant toads to eat instead.

I'm fairly certain that the first one was a transcription error as there is a very similar update "Your ship <ship name> has evaded a pirate ship." For the latter two I don't have a good explanation why they wouldn't appear.

26-May-2022 02:14:31

KGPenguin
Aug Member 2017

KGPenguin

Posts: 22 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Found out I'm apparently missing Quin storyline still, Wiki says they're in Pincers region, does it have to be pincers or just at least pincers? Like I'm currently in Shield region, will i be able to get quin stories here or do i have to go back to Pincers?

01-Jul-2022 15:46:07

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Posts: 20,299 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
KGPenguin said :
Found out I'm apparently missing Quin storyline still, Wiki says they're in Pincers region, does it have to be pincers or just at least pincers? Like I'm currently in Shield region, will I be able to get quin stories here or do I have to go back to Pincers?

The Quin trio storyline? Just have 2 of the 3 adventurers for it appear in your Port and you are good to go. You do have at least 6 stories in all 12 adventurers?
Kags Player Owned Ports (POP) Encyclopedia V6
HLF V5

03-Jul-2022 05:13:33 - Last edited on 03-Jul-2022 05:13:51 by Kags

Low Mane
May Member 2021

Low Mane

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Kags, thank you for the guide, it was a great map on this journey!

I'm not sure how the ports crew scoring works exactly, but these are my more notable dudes =)

I probably won't be rerolling other crew to get higher stats, as you said in game the one time we chatted, it's going to take quite a long time and I'm not prepared to redo things.

Ports completionist soonish (I messed up early on and didn't reassign which scrolls I was searching for for a couple months lol)
dailyscape github io

13-Jul-2022 09:52:04 - Last edited on 13-Jul-2022 09:53:29 by Low Mane

Quick find code: 75-76-639-66118461 Back to Top