Nov Member 2017

Kags

Posts: 20,299 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Get Torn said :
Kags said :
Get Torn said :
Hi,

I was told to bring this question here.

I just recently returned to Rs3 for a few activities for bond money. I picked up Ports for the first time in YEARS (Before they added the 2 regions). I added lifeboats on every ship when I came back... and have been losing crew the last few days out of the blue. There's a high chance I'm just super ignorant since, again, it's been years since I played...but I don't want to continue daily ports if something is wrong lol.

I've done some research, and first discovered the change to lifeboats to be permanent (right?) and then the bug back in ~Feb 2021. If my personal boats/account/ports was untouched until after it was fixed...it is possible my account's ports are still bugged?

If anything, maybe I just need a lesson on lifeboats? Help please lol thank you!

You've messed up badly, the rule is to keep all 4 ships sailing 24/7, regardless what happens. You get 100% distance gains even from failed voyages, which progresses you to the next region and access to even stronger crew/ship upgrades.

Don't worry about anything and just keep all 4 ships sailing 24/7 while following sections 26-28 on page 3.

As for lifeboats, check your random event effects, and if you can apply a lifeboat to a ship, then do so. Getting more lifeboats is easy. Go read section 30 on page 3.

~Portmaster Kags

So lifeboats are not permanent for each ship? How long do they last? I thought they updated them years ago after I stopped playing.

Either way, thank you for the info.

Lifeboats are permanent. However, should a game-changing bug affect Ports again, say February 15, 2021, then just follow section 30 to replace.
Kags Player Owned Ports (POP) Encyclopedia V6
HLF V5

20-Jul-2021 05:38:35 - Last edited on 20-Jul-2021 05:40:47 by Kags

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Game-changing updates/patches with NINJA STRIKE 24: COMBAT BONANZA!

Especially these 2:
- Scrimshaws of the same type and tier can now be combined to increase their longevity, up to a maximum of 24 hours in one Scrimshaw.
--- If the total is over 24 hours, you will receive a new Scrimshaw with the remainder. Used and combined Scrimshaws can also be divided, which splits them down into new ones.
--- Scrimshaws created in this fashion will be full and may be traded, if applicable.

- 5 new free Bank presets are now available to all members, bringing the total number of presets to 15. Preset titles 11-15 have been added accordingly.

~Portmaster Kags :O :D :)
HLF V5

20-Jul-2021 05:39:01 - Last edited on 20-Jul-2021 05:40:27 by Kags

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Original message details are unavailable.

It's been a while since my last post, but here's an update of my resources! Congratulations to lBebi for maxing!
So much work has been put into this encyclopedia, it still blows my mind. Thanks for putting this whole thing together, Kags.
The true portmaster. I'm not worthy :O :O

Very nice and congratulations on maxing all resources Neit!! :O :D

~Portmaster Kags :)
HLF V5

20-Jul-2021 05:39:37 - Last edited on 20-Jul-2021 05:40:02 by Kags

Alberthoja
Mar Member 2007

Alberthoja

Posts: 5,554 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A while ago, I reached the Loop region. I've noticed that you recommend replacing one of the judges of dice with a wisp, but I don't really understand when to use wisps. Clearly, it would be for voyages requiring both combat and seafaring, but wouldn't a judge of dice also be beneficial for such a voyage? Would the benefits of a wisp really outweigh those of a judge of dice and its solidarity? I can add that speed isn't important to me. I'm often logged off for longer periods of time than what the voyages take.

06-Aug-2021 04:56:56 - Last edited on 06-Aug-2021 05:08:39 by Alberthoja

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Alberthoja said :
A while ago, I reached the Loop region. I've noticed that you recommend replacing one of the judges of dice with a wisp, but I don't really understand when to use wisps. Clearly, it would be for voyages requiring both combat and seafaring, but wouldn't a judge of dice also be beneficial for such a voyage? Would the benefits of a wisp really outweigh those of a judge of dice and its solidarity? I can add that speed isn't important to me. I'm often logged off for longer periods of time than what the voyages take.

Wisp is marginally useful enough to recommend buying 1 of them in the Loop region. You need to unlock the Wisp's island (Light Under Sea) on your Ports map anyway ;)

It's not like the useless Oxhead and Horseface from Pincers region - but you need to unlock that island anyway (The Shambling Lair).

~Portmaster Kags
HLF V5

07-Aug-2021 22:15:52

Alberthoja
Mar Member 2007

Alberthoja

Posts: 5,554 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kags said :
Alberthoja said :

Wisp is marginally useful enough to recommend buying 1 of them in the Loop region. You need to unlock the Wisp's island (Light Under Sea) on your Ports map anyway ;)

It's not like the useless Oxhead and Horseface from Pincers region - but you need to unlock that island anyway (The Shambling Lair).

~Portmaster Kags
I have already unlocked the island. What I'm hesitant about is to dismiss one of my trusted judges of dice and to use terracotta (which seems to take quite a while to gather) for a wisp instead of something else, but I guess I'll try.

08-Aug-2021 08:59:27 - Last edited on 08-Aug-2021 09:00:21 by Alberthoja

CozmicPanda
Apr Member 2010

CozmicPanda

Posts: 354 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
just logged in and have 0 special voyages today at ports on my iron? i've never seen that before in my multiple years of doing it on this acc, is it a bug or have i just been "lucky" to not have it happen before Probably afk

12-Aug-2021 06:58:24

Quick find code: 75-76-639-66118461 Back to Top