Forums

Brooch of the Gods change

Quick find code: 74-75-85-66288257

Bertel62
Aug Member 2023

Bertel62

Posts: 1,052 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Please change the Brooch of the Gods so it also holds the partially filled urns. It it pretty annoying that they keep popping up in the inventory and that they all need a space in the bank. I don't really see any need for having urns in the brooch when I still have to handle the partially filled ones anyway.

04-Oct-2023 08:53:13 - Last edited on 04-Oct-2023 08:55:12 by Bertel62

A  Cole
Nov Member 2003

A  Cole

Posts: 14,761 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As posted on .

A  Cole said :
Brooch of the Gods

> Change how urns work to be in line with Rings of Forging. The charge is associated to the player, not the item. Each item adds X amount of charge. When loaded into BotG, it's simply a charge, not a stored item that will come out. After all, Grace of the Elves does not spit out half used signs of the porter every time we auto bank an item;

> Apply the same change as above to effigies;

> Right click urns to charge BotG, even when BotG is equipped. Charge-X and Charge-All necessary.

Why are these changes needed? Currently, I'm still having to bank partially used urns, which takes up bank space I don't have, therefore I still don't use urns!

Allowing us to charge the brooch directly from the urns will also make the process much easier. Why should we have to unequip the brooch, use the urns on the brooch, type in how many urns we want to use on the brooch, then re-equip the brooch?

~A~

~A~

05-Oct-2023 17:44:37

Xanadeus
Dec Member 2022

Xanadeus

Posts: 3,429 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How has this not been addressed? I do not even use this brooch after spending over 160 million on it.

If I have it on when I do daily challenges it creates a partial urn I have to store taking up bank space. What good does it do to have an item that stores urns if I have to remember to grab my partially stored urns from the bank?

Someone explain this to me. I must be doing something wrong. What am I missing?

05-Jan-2024 03:24:01

Bertel62
Aug Member 2023

Bertel62

Xanadeus said :
What good does it do to have an item that stores urns if I have to remember to grab my partially stored urns from the bank?

You do not have to take them from the bank. Partially filled urns are automagically received from the bank when you start skilling.

But it is annoying that we still must have them in the inventory when skilling. That is what my complaint is about. Plus the bank spaces they need.

05-Jan-2024 08:11:37

Crone924
Sep Member 2006

Crone924

Posts: 300 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
this may be a silly question, as I do not have/use a brooch, but from the discussion, is there any way it could be made to work like pulse/cinder cores?
They both stack in the bank whether fully or partially charged, and simply pick up where they left off when re-equipped.
I am not a tech wiz either, so maybe that is something entirely different to code, but if partially used cores can stack right alone with fully-charged in the bank, maybe something similar can be stored in the brooch? (or the bank, for that matter)
As there are so many different kinds of urns, that may be quite a big thing to do, I realize

05-Jan-2024 17:35:08

Bertel62
Aug Member 2023

Bertel62

Crone924 said :
this may be a silly question, as I do not have/use a brooch, but from the discussion, is there any way it could be made to work like pulse/cinder cores?
They both stack in the bank whether fully or partially charged, and simply pick up where they left off when re-equipped.
I am not a tech wiz either, so maybe that is something entirely different to code, but if partially used cores can stack right alone with fully-charged in the bank, maybe something similar can be stored in the brooch? (or the bank, for that matter)
As there are so many different kinds of urns, that may be quite a big thing to do, I realize

I don't see why that shouldn't be possible as we already have other items that work this way. The bracelet of clay is another one.

And exactly because there are so many different urns does it feel especially useful to have them not take up space in the bank. More so than items we only have one of.

07-Jan-2024 16:24:49 - Last edited on 07-Jan-2024 16:29:35 by Bertel62

Crone924
Sep Member 2006

Crone924

Posts: 300 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
maybe worth posting in suggestions?

I do think if it's possible for cores, it could/should? be for urns (as well as storage on item v. bank?), but as I said, tech/coding not an area where I have knowledge

07-Jan-2024 17:02:43

WTFmybacon
Oct Member 2010

WTFmybacon

Posts: 4,220 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Crone924 said :
maybe worth posting in suggestions?

"Existing Game Content
Tell us how you would improve on something already in-game"

So this thread is already in the correct section.
And a repost would no doubt see it locked as a duplicate.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

08-Jan-2024 12:38:34

Quick find code: 74-75-85-66288257 Back to Top