Smithing

Quick find code: 74-75-746-66275840

Bertel62
Aug Member 2023

Bertel62

Posts: 1,017 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A  Cole said :
You can already do this.

DarthChosen has linked to you an article that explains how to do it.

~A~

That is not the same. You are still making them one at a time, just adding them to a queue. You still need to click for each item you make. It is not like cooking where you kan cook 28 fish with one click.

09-Mar-2023 10:39:42

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,169 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They basically said they can't do it (if it's they genuinely messed up something and when they change it falls apart or if it's just some excuse, because they do not want to do it can be debated), but on the other hand - for big items you certainly smith longer than previously for a full inventory of 1 bar things.

And yeah - you can smelt 60 bars at once directly going into your metal bank if you wear the smelting gloves from family crest (or generic blacksmith gauntlets after owning them).
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

10-Mar-2023 06:15:36

Bertel62
Aug Member 2023

Bertel62

My guess is that it would be way too AFKable.

I usually make rune bolts by using the method mentioned, filling up my inventory with heated items, and then making them in the background. The heat resets for each items, so I never need to use the heaters.

If I could fill my inventory with heated items with one click, then it would surely be an AFK fest. I think it only makes half the inventory before automatically logging me out, so there is almost no handling. Having us make them one at a time, and putting them into a queue, makes it a bit more work to keep it going.

11-Mar-2023 15:08:22 - Last edited on 11-Mar-2023 15:10:08 by Bertel62

Bertel62
Aug Member 2023

Bertel62

A thing that maybe could work is this: Enable us to make multiple items with one click, like 28 platebodies, but then don't let the heat reset between each item. We are after all putting them in our invenetory, where they are cooling down over time.

I always felt it was kind of a waste to have my heat up high when I am making something that doesn't take long. I could have continued further on the same heat. I would much prefer if I could make for instance 3 batches of iron arrow tips on one heat. Then having high heat would feel more valuable. This would only make a difference for low level things, where we don't use all of our heat, which I think is ok and not overpowered. For high level things, it would be almost the same as it is now, and it would not be as AFKable.

I would certainly prefer a make-x option combined with shared heating over what we have now.

15-Mar-2023 13:47:47 - Last edited on 15-Mar-2023 13:51:01 by Bertel62

ZerkdChicken
Dec Member 2023

ZerkdChicken

Posts: 71 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Or just enforce the rules and start punishing bots ? The game being afkable isnt horrible but if it was more interactive we should be rewarded for interacting with the game like mining . The training in this game was literal torture .

21-Mar-2023 20:14:46

Quick find code: 74-75-746-66275840 Back to Top