Forums

Clue scroll / challenge scroll

Quick find code: 74-75-666-66264305

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,167 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

keeping with the updates to clue scrolls of unlocking from zaidas shop, we have "way of the foot shaped key" which means you dont need to get a key to open chests / drawers and its unlocked for 500 tt points nice QOL for med clues

there is another clue type that is challenge scroll. this scroll you go to an npc after an anagram of their name they will give you a challenge, very simple one and you then have to talk to them again wait couple ticks then type the answer in and easy peasy you got next clue / casket.

these npcs know we know the answer we have been asked it hundreds of times so having another unlock from zaida either 500 tt points or 1k tt points (as this will be more commonly used and sort after than the key one) to only need to speak to them once we give the answer asap before they give the scroll. just a wee QOL to streamline these clue steps. to get to the stage where you want to unlock this after the outfit etc you would have done these a lot anyway. it can be called "whisper challenge" or something like that idc.

but yeah a very minor change but fits with unlocking more from that shop that follows whats already there
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

13-Oct-2022 09:32:50 - Last edited on 13-Oct-2022 09:40:57 by Tenebri

Vengeance of
Mar Member 2018

Vengeance of

Posts: 2,372 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Support. You make a very good point that, at least by the time we can afford such an unlock, we should have more than proved to these NPCs that we know all of their answers. Being able to buy something like "The Big Book of Riddles"?) that we can show the NPCs before they hand us the riddle scrolls to prove that they're just wasting both of our time would make sense.

I'd probably go with the 1k price point, just because of how common these riddles are, unlike the Way of the Foot, which only works for Medium clues.

13-Oct-2022 18:05:10 - Last edited on 13-Oct-2022 18:07:53 by Vengeance of

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Vengeance of said :
Support. You make a very good point that, at least by the time we can afford such an unlock, we should have more than proved to these NPCs that we know all of their answers. Being able to buy something like "The Big Book of Riddles"?) that we can show the NPCs before they hand us the riddle scrolls to prove that they're just wasting both of our time would make sense.

I'd probably go with the 1k price point, just because of how common these riddles are, unlike the Way of the Foot, which only works for Medium clues.

yeah 1k i also think is more suitable.
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19

13-Oct-2022 18:53:08

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,169 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Support. Can't say they would annoy me, but they're certainly among the less fluent ones to do. And it's naturally evolving instead of outright asking to have them removed.

I mean as for the price - you're certainly overestimating the value of that upgrade - while it comes into place more often, it saves you much less time, since looking for a key basically would have been an extra clue step, without counting for two. A challenge scroll just is a minor inconvenience, compared to basic talk-to-npc-clues.

But in the end it should be up to Jagex how they want to balance it.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

14-Oct-2022 08:04:57 - Last edited on 14-Oct-2022 08:24:19 by Rikornak

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,169 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It certainly would be reward space (rather than just some slight QoL improvement), so I wouldn't hand it out for free (which it basically would be if it's given alongside an existing upgrade), but it shouldn't be too expensive - in relation to being able to skip a key hunt 250 points probably would be most adequate.

On the other hand they could give out more powerful upgrades - imagine something, that helps you solve (not skip, there are tickets for that) various puzzles - those things could be huge in both use and effort to gain. I mean - a while ago some dude was really vindictive about some third party plugin players are using as an aid.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

15-Oct-2022 07:04:11

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Rikornak said :
It certainly would be reward space (rather than just some slight QoL improvement), so I wouldn't hand it out for free (which it basically would be if it's given alongside an existing upgrade), but it shouldn't be too expensive - in relation to being able to skip a key hunt 250 points probably would be most adequate.

On the other hand they could give out more powerful upgrades - imagine something, that helps you solve (not skip, there are tickets for that) various puzzles - those things could be huge in both use and effort to gain. I mean - a while ago some dude was really vindictive about some third party plugin players are using as an aid.

that thread is still somewhat active

yeah i would say there is a lot opportunity for more rewards.

right now all points for me just buy more clues. they stack up quickly
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19

16-Oct-2022 10:41:29

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,751 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tenebri said :
Roddy Piper said :
IMO it's all a bit extreme now, so if this was done I would want it packaged with the key buff. Like you get them both for the same cost.

if same cost is increased sure

i dont know what you mean by extreme.

Well that would be the opposite of progress. Increasing the cost of the key buff while adding another onto it.

By extreme I mean it already takes a lot of time to even unlock the set. Adding more seems to be rewarding those who don't need any further rewards. I doubt many people are buying the key buff before a set piece.

I'm sure Jagex has data stored of how many people have the unlocks, how many use the alt client, etc.

I see no reason to add more on top, but they could GIVE more to those who struggle with the content.

So sure, add all the buffs you want, but no more increased price or time requirement.<<<

16-Oct-2022 15:27:11

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Roddy Piper said :
Tenebri said :
Roddy Piper said :
IMO it's all a bit extreme now, so if this was done I would want it packaged with the key buff. Like you get them both for the same cost.

if same cost is increased sure

i dont know what you mean by extreme.

Well that would be the opposite of progress. Increasing the cost of the key buff while adding another onto it.

By extreme I mean it already takes a lot of time to even unlock the set. Adding more seems to be rewarding those who don't need any further rewards. I doubt many people are buying the key buff before a set piece.

I'm sure Jagex has data stored of how many people have the unlocks, how many use the alt client, etc.

I see no reason to add more on top, but they could GIVE more to those who struggle with the content.

So sure, add all the buffs you want, but no more increased price or time requirement.<<<

definitely not the opposite of progress. lmao

indeed you are right, thats why i said that in my first post ;)
just a wee QOL to streamline these clue steps. to get to the stage where you want to unlock this after the outfit etc

im sure they do i dont see why you bring up the alt client it has nothing to do with this thread.

well im not increasing the price am i? its another unlock thats not going to be free

this update is for people who do clues alot. so will definitely have a lot of points left over :) so if you think this is extreme then its clearly not something for you to go for....

not everything is going to be free now is it... especially something thats useful.

either way we dont need to discuss the price of it that would be up to jagex whether they decide 250 tt points or 2.5k then awesome. ill pay it
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19

17-Oct-2022 10:00:03 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2022 10:12:10 by Tenebri

Quick find code: 74-75-666-66264305 Back to Top