Forums

Clue scroll / challenge scroll

Quick find code: 74-75-666-66264305

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,169 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We all should agree, that bundling this buff with something existing, increasing the costs for that upgrade is literally the dumbest solution available. Who says, that you should get globetrotter first - if your primary focus are medium clues, the key skip can certainly be more valuable. If you get that other upgrade bundled with it, but have to do more clues first, it's a certain downgrade at first.

So either you (I mean except for keeping status quo)

A) Remove that sidestep entirely (I do not see a specific reason, since they're a bit clunky to do (with that delay and all), but certainly not too annoying, time-consuming or outright broken)

B) You bundle the removal with an existing upgrade free of charge - doesn't need to be the key-skipper, it bascially also could be an effect of the globetrotter set or one of its pieces (which is a less extreme solution, but basically the same as A for that matter - but that leads to the question, why one specific upgrade would lead to multiple benefits).

C) You add it as an entirely separate upgrade with a price appropriate to existing upgrades. This allows you to choose a point to get that specific upgrade - it may or may not be more valuable than the key skip for instance to you.

Treasure trails certainly are the biggest evergreens of all content in this game. I do not really know anything else, which you would do as continously as them - some slayer things maybe. But bosses eventually get phased out by newer ones, minigames eventually are finished, skilling stuff is progressed to other things eventually. All in all I do not see an issue if the time investment to have all QoL effects available would rise eventually.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

17-Oct-2022 10:18:02 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2022 10:25:59 by Rikornak

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,167 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
its already option c. its an upgrade on its own. that has a cost. (personally i think 1k tt points will be reasonable) its that simple

thats in my first post i never mentioned about bundling it with something else. that doesnt make sense to do imo.

this way if you want it to be your first unlock you have that choice. my mention of having outfit first was just that would be mor beneficial to unlock first. by a long shot :L

but even so racking up the points to unlock this first. you will have to do a lot of clues which is my points i cba to repeat its on first post.
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

17-Oct-2022 10:24:25 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2022 10:29:47 by Tenebri

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,751 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, the alt client is directly related to anything about clues. As this forum has shown, it is openly used and even defended as no different than a guide.

I legit don't think there are many people at the level where they need additional rewards and are NOT using it.

That's something for the devs to consider of course. The data is easy to gather, it is a matter of players outperforming their ability to complete clues.

19-Oct-2022 01:57:08

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,169 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex basically acknowledged players using alt-1 by making certain clues significantly more awful to do - literally forcing more players into it. Just for comprehension - historically the optimal solution for a slider was something around 40 steps. Following that change it became a minimum of 100 - possibly even up to 160. And that's an optimal solution - not something you're able to pull off as a player. They did something similiar by introducing bigger knots, albeit that's a nerf you won't see at all times as somebody who wouldn't use alt-1.

Alt-1 doesn't even closely offer the kind of automation like Runelite or even the official steam client (which adapted a couple of features from the former) in OS may offer - mastery in clues still requires to memorize landmarks in order to know where you have to dig - wiki helps you more with that, than Alt-1, since you have a screenshot of the location, rather than just a rough point on the world map - RL would literally mark the correct tile for you - there isn't much for you to memorize then. Of course Alt-1 still shows you roughly where to go - that's certainly an aid.

As for that I would basically propose you're able to buy upgrades to show you puzzle solutions in real time (taking the slider: it shows you the next three steps to click like in RL, rather than a pre-recorded sequence you may or may not be able to follow). If something like this exists for all puzzles, skip tickets still would allow you to finish clues faster, but alt-1 basically just would be that guide in your game window. Yeah and if you haven't got those upgrades, alt-1 will be more valuable than using nothing at all.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

19-Oct-2022 08:14:12 - Last edited on 19-Oct-2022 08:27:30 by Rikornak

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Roddy Piper said :
Well, the alt client is directly related to anything about clues. As this forum has shown, it is openly used and even defended as no different than a guide.

the only alt client is runelite. thats for osrs. if you are talking about alt1, then thats not a client you still use the official rs3 client to play.
but yes its directed to clues. but so what there is no need to bring it up this thread. at all it makes me think you dont know what it is im suggesting.
if you wish to discuss alt1 then go the dedicated thread thats already in game suggestions.

Roddy Piper said :

I legit don't think there are many people at the level where they need additional rewards and are NOT using it.

okay so what? again this has nothing to do with what im suggesting.

ive got a feeling you dont know what it is im suggesting and how it effects doing clues. with or with out alt1. it doesnt change. thats why bringing up alt1. is pointless in this discussion

so again

alt1 is not on discussion here as it holds no relevance to what it is im suggesting.

anymore ill just consider it a derailment of the thread. because again it holds no relevance if you use it or not

just to maybe help you understand? (i hope)

what im suggesting is when you get a challenge clue scroll thats from bolkoy, gnome coach etc. they wont give another clue and say "here solve this for me" when its just typing either 13 or 6 in a text box. we have already given them that answer so many times getting to the "whatever the price will be to unlock what im suggesting" so they know we already know the answer.
its not a puzzle box where you do slider, or celtic knott or tower etc. its only for the challenge scroll. not a puzzle box

this is just for challenge scrolls

understand? and now know why alt1 doesnt need to be bought up here? because it holds no relation to what im asking..

i hope so
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19

19-Oct-2022 08:21:03 - Last edited on 19-Oct-2022 08:30:38 by Tenebri

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

https://runescape.wiki/w/Challenge_scroll

ran out of space to post wiki url to challenge scrolls

this is the only thing on discussion on this thread. this isnt about solving puzzles etc.

just making it super clear what this thread is about. so we dont go off rails and talk about alt1 lol

200m all RS3 on 7/3/19

19-Oct-2022 08:31:08 - Last edited on 19-Oct-2022 08:34:25 by Tenebri

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,751 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, you are the one pushing for extra information. Surely the devs know precisely my concern and I know exactly what you are saying.

So there is no breakdown of communication no derailment. As usual it is my intention to say what I want and move on.

19-Oct-2022 12:22:53 - Last edited on 19-Oct-2022 16:45:20 by Roddy Piper

Quick find code: 74-75-666-66264305 Back to Top