Forums

Fix/Move Fort Workshop Bank

Quick find code: 74-75-316-66276679

Jazz X
Mar Member 2014

Jazz X

Posts: 147 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Please "fix" the bank chest in the Fort workshop.

Issue: Portables cannot b placed in the square(s) next to bank chest.

Result: Only 4 portables may be place without having to move to use them.

Solution: Move the bank chest to the middle of the workshop so portables can be placed all around it and allow portables to be placed on squares right next to the bank chest.

Fires: Please also stop people from lighting fires all over the workshop.

I realize many actions can be keybound and your avatar doesn't need to move. But not all of them can. Cooking on the range, potions that use a drinkable ingredient, brazier with actual logs and not proteans, fletching bows, making flatpacks (while keeping them in bank instead of dropping them) and tanning leather on the crafter are a few examples.

16-Mar-2023 20:27:37

Bertel62
Aug Member 2023

Bertel62

Posts: 1,017 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I agree. Bank chests are always placed up against something, so that players cannot stand all the way around them. I guess it makes thematic sense to not have a chest in the middle of a room. You would naturally put it against a wall, but perhaps gameplay should be put above that in some instances, like this one.

18-Mar-2023 14:14:44

Mel 624
Dec Member 2021

Mel 624

Posts: 744 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm glad someone mentioned the fires. I've seen some issues with them at GE before but Fort Forinthry took it to a whole new level. What's the point of bonfires if people are going to spam them anyway? It looks to be trolling to cause unnecessary lag and clutter in the area. I've also seen a few inappropriate shapes done this way.

You can access the chest from the other side so there's definitely room for more portables than that. The workshop still feels cramped with so many at the same time.
How to block a forum user

Death And Taxes: An Analysis

19-Mar-2023 02:50:35

Bertel62
Aug Member 2023

Bertel62

Posts: 1,017 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mel 624 said :
What's the point of bonfires if people are going to spam them anyway?

Depending on your firemaking level, it can actually give less XP to put logs on a bonfire compared to lighting them individually, and lighting each log is way faster than using bonfires.

So the point of bonfires is that it is AFKable, but gives less XP than playing actively, just like everything else in the game. I often make rows of fires like in the old days, simply to get XP faster. I do, of course, not use them to annoy other players.

19-Mar-2023 21:12:05

Mel 624
Dec Member 2021

Mel 624

Posts: 744 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wouldn't really consider that AFK skilling since it's basically just the firemaking equivalent of crafting the contents of your inventory. It's like calling cooking food AFK even though you need to do a bank run after every batch of 28 items. Imagine if we had to go back to pre interface click by click item crafting sequences for full non AFK xp scaling. Not only is that essentially what treating bonfires as AFK vs fire spamming does but it's also disruptive in exactly the way bonfires were supposed to fix.

Bonfires are supposed to be more rewarding for bulk use of logs. Rescaling xp rates accordingly would help address this and prevent issues from doing something like setting caps on how many fires can be lit in proximity to eachother or removing the ability to make them in certain areas. For ash collection they could maybe do something like composting where you can collect ashes from bonfires proportionate to the logs you've burned on them.
How to block a forum user

Death And Taxes: An Analysis

19-Mar-2023 21:36:30 - Last edited on 19-Mar-2023 21:38:46 by Mel 624

Heinzchen
Jan Member 2005

Heinzchen

Posts: 556 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bertel62 said :
Heinzchen said :
put the portables around the bank at the well. There is no room to put workshop bank in middle. lol

That has the same problem, because the well is in the way.

you only need to stand near the portable--no need to click it or be away from bank

21-Mar-2023 01:05:19

Quick find code: 74-75-316-66276679 Back to Top