Forums

Quickly, Before They See! V18

Quick find code: 55-56-223-66131762

Twillow
Aug
fmod Member

Twillow

Forum Moderator Posts: 49,241 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Darkstar said :
As the rules stand there is no reason why we cannot nominate ourselves so I would have just continued counting as, in theory, if we were quick enough we could have made it to 15. However, it does open the door to someone nominating themselves, waiting for another post, resetting the count and re-nominating themselves repeatedly which does not feel like it would really be in the spirit of the game so I would vote for excluding self-nomination on the next thread.

I lean with Darkstar. I see that it could be a cool competitive challenge as a one-off, but I think the consecutive aspect is problematic. It seems to be a clearer, cleaner, easier-to-understand/"enforce" thing if we don't allow it. Just my two cents worth.

Also, thank you
Lynx
for nominating me. ;p

I nominate

Kathy

We'll see if she's paying attention! lol
like a chica cherry cola

@Twillow_RS|| #teamblue|| #Purple4life

15-May-2020 17:56:44

Kathy
May
fmod Member

Kathy

Forum Moderator Posts: 20,217 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Twillow said :
We'll see if she's paying attention! lol

You know better than that. :P

Uzair said :
Ty for the clarification. I did ask Kathy before posting and she agreed with me but I can see why you guys interpreted it differently.

What I was asked was if nominating yourself made sense, to which I said no, but not that it was against the rules of the game itself. I do agree it was needed to be clearer and I had to clarify what I agreed to. Not stepping on toes.

I nominate...
Deltaslug
• Kathy •

Forum Help Sticky
|
Sailor Neptune
|
Forum Community Helper

15-May-2020 21:54:47

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
on the the rules
*shrug emoji*
at the time the rules didn't say either way and I wanted to do something different. I do understand the potential to "kill" the game by abusing it like that (nominate self, post before 15 each time, renominate self, repeat until end of thread)

Darkstar is the next victim

15-May-2020 22:17:44 - Last edited on 15-May-2020 22:19:46 by Deltaslug

Darkstar
Oct Member 2010

Darkstar

Posts: 44,582 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Deltaslug said :
on the the rules
*shrug emoji*
at the time the rules didn't say either way and I wanted to do something different. I do understand the potential to "kill" the game by abusing it like that (nominate self, post before 15 each time, renominate self, repeat until end of thread)

Darkstar is the next victim

It was different and has sparked a nice civil and interesting conversation on the topic so thanks for doing that :D

On your nomination... you really should know better than that!

Loki
Owner of
Dark Dreams
:D

15-May-2020 23:51:08

Quick find code: 55-56-223-66131762 Back to Top