Aug Member 2023

English King

Posts: 6,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
`Twas the night before a Runescapian Christmas, when all through
Runescape not a human was stirring, not even a bot. All the members
bribes were posted with care, in hopes that Runescapians' soon would be
there.

The Jmods were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of dollars
danced in their heads. And Mod MMG looking at twitter, and I with my forum full of crap, had just settled our discussion about this long winter's night trap.

When out on the forums there arose such a clatter, I typed from my computer to see what was the matter. All of the servers were down, noone could log in, not even a trolling clown.

The fmod's on the forums screamed and locked post, while I laughed and ate my toast,when, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a post from good ol' Andrew all decked out in his members gear. It almost brought me a tear...

With a quick post, so lively and quick, I knew at that moment our hopes had been answered by St. Nick. More rapid than bots, his Mods they came, as he whistled and shouted and called them by name:

"Now Mod Mark, Now Mod Mike!
Now, Paul and Mod Harriet!
On, Mod Weath! On, Mod Carlos!
On, Mod Mat and Mod Twigs!
The list went on behind the scenes!!
Fix this game and do away with all these traps!!
Quick hurry fix this crap!!!
Now take it away! Take it away!!
I SAY!!!

As the Mods went to work, post after post,
a troll came on to be a jerk
Andrew, Andrew we do not need you,
with in a minute another guy came on and said (_ _ _ _) you, too.

And then, in a blink of an eye, the post had been locked,
with one final note, Saying that we all rocked!!

Behind the scenes, Andrew all happy yet sad, screamed and shouted
as he got mad. What the hell have you done to my game,
for shame, for shame...
I trusted you all, not to drop the ball...why the hell didn't you
give me a call?

His eyes---how they flamed with furry!!!
His eye brows all bowed up as he drank from his cup in a hurry!

05-Dec-2012 13:13:25 - Last edited on 16-Dec-2012 17:15:32 by English King

English King
Aug Member 2023

English King

His lips all hard and with a frown, as he walked up to Mod MMG
and took away his crown.

Wait, Wait said Mod MMG as he held tight his teeth,
and the smoke encircled his head like a wreath.
I know I was wrong for not listening more to the players,
and I'll remove all these junky layers.

But, please, please don't take my crown,
as his mouth began to frown.
Fear on his face,
and tears in his eyes as he knew he had one more ace.

All right, I'll give you one more chance,
just then Mod MMG got up and did a dance.
In a wink of an eye and a slap to his head
soon gave him the feeling that there would be something to dread.

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
and called in his ace, saying that he had been such a big jerk,
Finally listening to his ace,
his team picked up their pace.

All of the crap finally removed,
and a team once again doing the groove.
Players finally logged back in.
To see that they had a win.

A new post had started
just as I farted,

Andrew said never, never, again will you have a frown,
because I got rid of those (_ _ _ _) clowns.

From all of us at Jagex, we promise to listen,
He exclaimed now Rs can once again glisten...
Have a Merry Merry Xmas,
and to all a good night!

05-Dec-2012 13:15:01 - Last edited on 05-Dec-2012 13:54:16 by English King

English King
Aug Member 2023

English King

Thanks for the compliments...as for anyone copying it is fine...It just came to me one day so I just started writing down what I thought for fun...Jagex has stated in the past they care what the players think...and any good company should care what their customers think...if they are going to continue long time success. Time and time again players have said they do not want a new game they love Runescape, but currently with EOC it just doesn't feel like Runescape anymore.

I'm not saying EOC should be removed completely from the game but could be added to specialized weapons or something instead of making all players do this style. As for SOF and the store it actually takes away from the loyal players instead of really helping them. Those items were unneeded to keep players playing.

Players played rs, because cheap, not high memory usage, competition between f2p and p2p players, and weekly content and development and the their feed back and connections to staff. The community was far better players actually helped other player more often and the public chat was very active now I can goto many busy places and not see one word spoken. Even my own friends don't talk much anymore I had 200 in list now i'm down to 26 friends. Most have quit rs, given up, or started afk training... :(

Runescape doesn't feel medieval anymore, more futuristic if players wanted a futuristic game they would probably find one online. The ruffness of the game made it what it was...of course the players want updates, but at the same time they are going to be upset if something in the game gets removed that they liked that may of been fun for them. And EOC and SOF conflicted alot of of players with their hard earned armors, and their prestigious stats. Sorry if any Jagex staff not happy with what I'm saying, but in my opinion the game has been turning away more legit, honest players and gaining less back that actually do give a damn about the game...

06-Dec-2012 03:22:31 - Last edited on 06-Dec-2012 03:23:10 by English King

Momdad105
Nov Member 2023

Momdad105

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
100% accurate. i like the old timey games. not all this new high graphic junk. r.s. is a game that involved little effort to play. now i have to click all these different buttons to fight??? if i wanted somthing like that i would go play wow. and that is why i have terminated my membership.

06-Dec-2012 09:39:53

English King
Aug Member 2023

English King

One other thing about eoc that needs to be changed is since you have to kill by their weakness to really make any affect the drops should be improved. Should be more balanced what was once great drops for melee are no longer melee but range or mage etc. So there needs to be more balanced drops for the triangle.

Also noticed dont need deaths or chaos etc. anymore for low level attack spells how lame spent all those yrs working to up rc and now no real need...WHats next removal of rc...or no need for natures to high alch or superheat...lame game these days.

06-Dec-2012 17:42:54 - Last edited on 06-Dec-2012 18:05:11 by English King

Quick find code: 49-50-966-64130279 Back to Top