Forums

Godslayers [RP]

Quick find code: 49-50-878-66292197

George Rozas

George Rozas

Posts: 35,409 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You think that you died.

You remember it - those moments before your consciousness slipped away into darkness, or at least... you think that you remember it. It was clear, yet your consciousness felt addled, hazy, and the memory of your end kept... switching? Changing? Faces of familiar loved ones, crying as they sit at your bedside - but you don't know any of them? Screeching car brakes in your ear, an impact and flying through the air until your mind goes blank... but that doesn't feel right. Does it? A bright light, erupting out at you, too bright, so hot, burning hot, scalding, melting flesh, you scream - but you don't recognize the voice and then-

The memories stop. Your consciousness clears, and the memories that were not yours fade away - you feel aware, lucid. You turn to your surroundings but see only darkness in every direction... dark but for small, white lights scattered around you. None of them move much, seeming to bob in what you think is the air, because it doesn't seem like the ground. Just white, ethereal orbs drifting in this void. You look down and see nothing - your body, your hands, your everything - none of it is there, and without even needing to wonder why the knowledge comes to you; you too are one of the orbs of light.

"
Look to me, souls of the lost .
" A voice speaks out and you turn to the source - unable to turn away even if you had wanted to. Where before there was darkness now you see a dark room taller than any room you can think of, and the speaker sat upon an immense throne of onyx and ivory. The figure is as immense as the throne, garbed in a thick, black cloak that somehow stands out from the rest of the darkness, leading up to a hood that shrouds the figure's face in absolute shadow. Your ethereal eyes are drawn to the thin, pale hands that rest upon the arms of the throne, and the scythe of bone that rests lazily against it.

You know that you look upon Death itself.
I am Inferi.

23-Dec-2023 04:00:42

George Rozas

George Rozas

You see no eyes within that hood but you know, instinctively, that they are upon you. Upon all of the souls around you. This is the domain of Death, and you no longer think you died - you know it. But even as you recognize the reality you feel nothing - you remember who you were, but you feel nothing. No... You feel something, but it's muted, contained. Your thoughts remain clear.

"
Your emotions are still there, little souls. In this state they are muted, allowing you to take them into account, but not to control your decisions. I wish you all to be attentive, for I have much to speak of.
" The voice of Death was both as you thought and yet so very different - the tone of an ancient, wizened being beyond your comprehension, and yet as soft as a mother's voice to her child. You feel those rolling emotions in the back of your consciousness, the fear, the anger, the sorrow and all other medleys - you figure that if they weren't being muted you'd be freaking out a lot more.

This was probably better.

"
I shall not lie to you, little souls. Your times had not come. Your endings... premature,
" Said Death, with a tone that conveyed more emotion than you'd expected the personification of death to be capable of. It seemed... sad, and a little frustrated. "
The interference that brought this about is handled, albeit not permanently. I apologize, little souls - I cannot restore your lives any more than I could have interfered with them. There are Laws I cannot break, no matter how unfair.
"

"
However, I declared that you have choices, and I do not lie. Your ends were unjust, your time taken before their natural end... and so you may choose what comes next. A choice most do not receive.
" Death raised one of its great pale hands from the arm of the throne, gesturing to what you think is the left - you turn, and where once there was a void there now waits a great gate.
I am Inferi.

23-Dec-2023 04:00:59 - Last edited on 23-Dec-2023 04:32:42 by George Rozas

George Rozas

George Rozas

From the gaps you spy shimmering lights that shine through, the colours changing through a spectrum you can't describe.

"
Through this gate awaits your afterlife. I cannot tell you what waits for each of you beyond, only that it shall be your eternity - and that the destination shall always be what you deserve. Whether that be the afterlife of your religions in life, what you believe the afterlife to be, or something indescribable in mortal language.
" Slowly the great hand lowers, though the great gate remains. Death raised its other pale hand, and again you turn to look in the other direction - there you see an arch that swells with growth, steady greens of flora and shimmers of blue water. You see life. "
Through this archway lies the choice of reincarnation. You shall return to Earth in a new form, to live and grow once again - but what memories you have now shall be lost, the slate wiped clean for another chance at life.
"

As Death lowers its hand you wonder what choice you should make. You look upon the gates, their light entrancing and promising something you can't comprehend - but where you see many orbs drifting closer to them you find yourself shying away. You look to the archway, the promise of returning to a familiar world - but without who you once were, and all you knew. A clean slate. A new life. Many more orbs drift that way, but you remain where you are - it does not call to you.

You are suddenly conscious of Death's gaze once more, and as you turn you see that there are only a few of the orbs that have not immediately found themselves drifting one way or the other. For the briefest moment you see a flash of what you think is a pale chin beneath the hood as Death leans forwards on its throne, the drifting orbs carrying on seemingly lost in their own selections. You know that Death's attention lies on you and the small group around you, and nothing more.

Slowly the being raises its hand once more, and
I am Inferi.

23-Dec-2023 04:01:03 - Last edited on 23-Dec-2023 04:54:28 by George Rozas

George Rozas

George Rozas

extends its long, pale finger to point directly over you - behind you. Following the gesture there waits a third passage - this one smaller, more sized towards the orb of light that you are and not the massive openigns of the other two choices. There waits a swirling portal of shimmering darkness, fluctuating with rivets of colour.

"
There is one, final choice, little souls. I have told you that I cannot restore your lives to you, that there are Laws that even I cannot break, and I do not lie. However... The portal you see before you is my work at bending the Laws. To make this choice is to be transported to another realm, where beings of magic and deadly monsters roam. You will remember your lives, you will remember this place, and you will be granted gifts to aid you - because this choice comes with a catch.
" The drifting souls to either side of the great chamber did not slow their movements, seemingly only having eyes for the gates or the archway. They heard, but they did not turn. Their choices called to them, and you feel the portal resonating with you.

"
This choice will have you act as my mortal agents in a realm that denies my duty, time and again. In this realm there roams not just monsters, not just civilized life, but those who wield immortality as their shield. The Dragon Kings, the High Vampires, the Lich Lords... and the Gods. Your new lives will be violent, for your duty will be to bring an end to the immortals - to use the power I grant you to bring death to the deathless... For all things must meet Death, one day.
"

You pause in thought for mere moments, even hearing and understanding what is to be expected of you should you make this choice... it is what you want. You drift towards the portal, hearing the final soft words of Death behind you.

"
Do what I am bound from doing, and save a realm from eternal stagnation, little souls... Good luck.
"
I am Inferi.

23-Dec-2023 04:01:07 - Last edited on 23-Dec-2023 05:17:03 by George Rozas

George Rozas

George Rozas

SUMMARY

Welcome to Godslayers, my little lost souls!

You were but a regular person from Earth, when you sadly died and went on to meet the personification of Death. You, alongside hundreds of other gathered souls, were informed that you died before your time due to some kind of 'interference'. And thus, you were given three choices with how you wished to proceed. To go to whatever afterlife waited for you, to reincarnate back on earth in a new form with no memory of your previous existence, or to enter a new realm where Death has tasked you with bringing an end to the immortal beings that rule it.

You chose to get isekai'd.

Enter this new realm filled with dangers, magic and wonder! Survive the creatures that lurk in wait, strike back against the immortal beings that oppress the mortal world - wield the power of The End to bring death to that which is deathless! Your new lives have begun, and they shall be drenched in blood.
I am Inferi.

23-Dec-2023 04:01:12 - Last edited on 23-Dec-2023 05:24:50 by George Rozas

George Rozas

George Rozas

CHARACTER SHEET

Name: (Remain who you once were, or take up a new name to represent your new life)
Former Age: (How old were you when you died?)
Body Age: (How old is your new body?)
Species: (Have you chosen to remain human, or have you rebuilt yourself in the form of one of the other species of this new realm? Select from the list)

Appearance: (While you may choose to remain the same as you were before your death, entering the portal has given you the opportunity to choose your new body and change it to your specifications)

History: (Who were you before you died?)

Affinity: (Your experiences in life shape your soul, bestowing upon it an element, concept or force that has saturated it with its essence. Whether you accept it or deny it, this is one of the aspects that makes you who you are - the keyword of your powers)

(For clarity, your affinity is basically your power set. If your affinity is Fire, for example, then most likely you will gain intrinsic fire magic... but that is not where the limits lie. Your body could grow infused with inner fire, enhancing your physical prowess to greater heights. Form a solid weapon of fire that is bound to you, and can cut finer than any blade. Take to the skies with a blazing trail that keeps you aloft! Your affinity could be War, granting you unmatched prowess with weapons - or enhancing your battle instincts and body to exponential heights. Conjuring weapons you need not even wield to fight at your mental commands, while you fight face to face. With enough time, practice, and a reasonable enough connection to what you're trying to do, the skies the limit.)

(Delete all in parenthesis, and fill this in below)

Name/Age/Species/Affinity/Player
I am Inferi.

23-Dec-2023 04:01:15 - Last edited on 26-Dec-2023 06:13:33 by George Rozas

George Rozas

George Rozas

RULES

1: The usual guidelines of follow basic forum etiquette, don't be a dick, etc.

2: Romance is fine - kind of expected (or encouraged) in some cases, just don't make it weird.

3: Obviously don't godmod. I mean, shit, we all know not to control someone else's player character by now, right?

4: While it's expected for player characters to get powerful in this roleplay, that doesn't mean you get to automatically outshine everyone else - or kick a big bad boss around like they're a pitiful kobold. Probably.

5: There is no rule 5.
I am Inferi.

23-Dec-2023 04:01:17 - Last edited on 24-Dec-2023 06:04:23 by George Rozas

George Rozas

George Rozas

RACES

Human : Humans are one of the most numerous races in the realm, having spread out far and wide across the world. From the deserts to the plains, to the snowy tundras and the hills - humans get just about everywhere. They are adaptable and quick to learn, but few tend to stand out as marvels. Their lifespan tends to be about 80-90 years, but as with all races of the civilized world there are always exceptions.

Elf : The elvenfolk of the realm are a lithe bunch, their physiques slim but elongated, making them somewhat taller than the other races on average, but lighter. Their limbs are what humans would call abnormally long, beyond gangly, with angular faces and pointed ears. Elves possess unusual eye and hair colours, by human standards, and have sharp, shark-like teeth well suited to tearing flesh. They are a tribal people, rarely seen outside the jungles of Alt'kath or the Molog Swamplands. They are naturally swift thanks to their lighter frames, but in exchange their bones are more fragile from being slightly hollow. They have an extended lifespan, capable of reaching 300 years old.

Dwarf : The dwarven people are a short and stocky race with dense bones that can withstand surprising punishment, giving Dwarves a reputation for being hardy and tough. The tallest dwarf to ever be known was recorded at 4'6" tall, but rarely do such heights get repeated, your average dwarf standing at 4'0 or below. The menfolk of the dwarves grow thick, elaborate facial hair that is tougher than the hair of other races, the people taking great pride in their beards to the point where a beardless male is seen as a dwarf possessed by madness. They dig beneath mountains to plunder riches from the earth, their underground strongholds scattered over the world - but many a tale has been told of dwarfholds that fall quiet, mysteriously, when the people dug too deep. Known to reach lifespans rivaling that of the elvenfolk, of 300 years.
I am Inferi.

23-Dec-2023 04:01:20 - Last edited on 23-Dec-2023 15:52:03 by George Rozas

George Rozas

George Rozas

Orc : The Orcs are a race of large, muscular folk with two tusks protruding from the corners of their mouths. While they are commonly labelled greenskins not all Orcs have green skin, their tones ranging into greys and browns depending on their location in the realm. Your average Orc is taller and bulkier than a human, their muscular frames possessing impressive strength. They are a martial people, valuing strength of arms and taking great enjoyment in waging warfare or taking part in battle - albeit their culture wields a sense of honour, finding underhanded tactics disgraceful and refusing to bring harm to non-combatants. Despite what many may think of the war-loving people, villages and towns conquered by Orc warbands do not suffer under them - indeed, those who do not fight them are generally left alone, the Orcs acting friendly and almost neighborly to the defeated people. They have similar lifespan to humans, ranging around 80-90 years on average. Many die sooner, however, thanks to their love of battle.

Goblin : Often considered the smaller cousins of the martial Orcs, Goblins are green skinned much like the larger people, but that is where similarities end. They average around 3'6" tall and sport wide mouths with sharp teeth, big, expressive eyes and crooked, pointed ears. They are quite commonly seen in most lands of the realm, and get along surprisingly well with humans - some may even say TOO well - as many human or goblins settlements have a surprising number of the other race around. While not the strongest physically, Goblins are known to have sharp minds and quick feet - and you'd struggle to find a more loyal bunch. They average a lifespan of 100 years.

Wildling : A general term used to describe the myriad of beast-like humanoids throughout the realm. While technically the same species the numerous sub-species wildly differ in appearance, effectively describable an anthropomorphic animals. Felid, canine, lupine, porcine,
I am Inferi.

23-Dec-2023 04:01:23 - Last edited on 24-Dec-2023 05:46:08 by George Rozas

George Rozas

George Rozas

ursine... the list carries on. The Wildlings don't have a set structure that requires them to live amidst their own sub-species and can be found in great clusters across most of the realm, living amidst the other species and sub-species alike. Interbreeding with other sub-species or full species have led to numerous half-breeds, those mixing with other species having only some of the characteristics of a full blooded Wildling, often lacking most of the fur. The lifespan amidst sub-species varies, but can range anywhere from 60-120 years.

Drakkenbrood : The children of union between a mortal and a full Dragon. They are humanoid in shape, but are coated in scales with draconic heads and tails. The majority of Drakkenbrood are wingless, while the miniscule number of them who are born with wings are considered blessed - for they have even more of a form alike to the great Dragons. Most are loyal followers of the Dragon Kings, their draconic pride slipping into a sense of patriotism towards their larger, more powerful kin. For their part, the Dragons themselves consider the Drakkenbrood useful tools, but lesser beings as all other mortals. Drakkenbrood are considerably long lived, reaching up to 400 years old thanks to the diluted immortal blood in their veins.

(If you have any further questions on the races, feel free to ask.)
I am Inferi.

23-Dec-2023 04:01:25 - Last edited on 24-Dec-2023 06:00:31 by George Rozas

Quick find code: 49-50-878-66292197 Back to Top