Mechanics, page 2
Useful notes, page 2

Format examples, page 3

18-Jan-2014 03:36:18 - Last edited on 23-Apr-2014 20:11:21 by Azigarath

Azigarath

Azigarath

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

Scenarios

Here will be a list and description of various optional scenarios that may be developed or put into submissions. Note that you are allowed to mix multiple scenarios at the same time if you wish. For example, you can do “Pest Control” and “Fire!” within a single submission.

Pest Control
March 22, 2014
A strange portal will appear somewhere in your world. How it appears is up to you; it can be the result of an accident amidst reality, summoned by someone, or perhaps already part of your work. The portal will send forth monsters as seen in the minigame (Brawlers, Defilers, Ravagers, Spinners, etc.), and as there is no Void Knight anywhere, your creation is forced in a dangerous game of Pest Control.
(See Page 3 for an in-depth example)

An Old Friend
April 23 2014
One of your characters has had a friend of ill repute, who seems to have disappeared a long time ago for some reason. The friend is now in command of a free company, a group of well-equipped unemployed soldiers serving their own purposes. Accustomed to ransacking, looting, robbing, and even murdering passing victims for a quick laugh, this old friend and his retinue will meet either your chosen character or a villain off-guard. What happens afterwards is up to you, but it looks like they want to rob your character. Perhaps the free company will join the villain or your character, but such loyalty can only be bought, not earned, and the free company will be more than happy to continue waylaying and raiding even when employed.

Fire!
April 23 2014
A fierce fire has suddenly appeared, spreading terror and flames. The inferno is so powerful it has set alight vegetation and buildings alike (as well as anything that happened to be in its path), and is growing at an alarming rate. Smoke carpets the air, impeding vision and breathing. It looks like the fire will destroy everything in its path. Tell us what happens.

18-Jan-2014 03:36:33 - Last edited on 23-Apr-2014 20:07:55 by Azigarath

Azigarath

Azigarath

Curse
April 23 2014
Something horrible is about to happen. A mighty curse is about to befall a big chunk of your world. The supernatural (or not?) calamity will break almost all management and co-operation amongst the affected area. The curse involves evil spirits manipulating the physical world and its inhabitants, bringing misfortune, plague, bad weather, turning water into blood, death of vegetation, and demonic possession. The curse forces inhabitants to be fuelled by hatred, rage, cannibalism, infanticide, and suicide. Your major characters may be resistant to the demons. How will your world deal with the problem?

18-Jan-2014 03:36:37 - Last edited on 23-Apr-2014 20:08:16 by Azigarath

Azigarath

Azigarath

Introduction

Hey guys. This was an ambitious idea I’ve been thinking about for quite a while, ever since the little interaction between the Stories and RP forums. Since we also had a little fun with bios in the SD some time ago, I thought that maybe expanding categorical creations could entice our imagination into an active thread, where we can share ideas, fantasies, create stuff, and offer feedback.

The point of this thread will be to exercise creativity and creation, however potentially going farther than a casual bio by broadening the format. This will increase the horizons and expectations of the format, but also means extra work to do. Nevertheless, hopefully the final result will stretch and strengthen imagination and storytelling. I feel that by doing so, even a little, is always beneficial for an artist.

Here, we will try to father (or mother) entire worlds and their civilisations, from outside to inside, scenery and environment, down to the heroes and villains, states and kingdoms, freedom fighters and rebels, mercenaries and plunderers, fallen angels and blessed demons, and so on, if one so desires.

I was also thinking of interaction amidst the authors’ creations, though I am unsure if this would be classed as roleplaying or not due to my ignorance of the subject. Interaction, future scenarios, future projects relating to entered work, and additions will occur every now and then.

18-Jan-2014 03:36:50 - Last edited on 05-Feb-2014 01:38:48 by Azigarath

Azigarath

Azigarath

When there is a scenario, people who choose to participate in the thread are to continue their creations in story format, showing what has happened, the consequences, and so on. For example, there may be an invasion to your posted work, and it’s up to you to describe how these invaders are dealt with. I will also be taking part in the submissions, and other people may suggest their own scenarios for other authors.

I am wishful in the thought that this thread will unfold as a community project, something in-between bios and storytelling, or perhaps combine both methods into one package. I do not know if this thread will be successful or not, but it’s worth a try.

All submitted work will be read and reviewed by myself at a personal, private level. I will also post my own thoughts, feedback, suggestions and criticisms of all posted work, unless the author mentions otherwise; I will respect an author’s choice if the author does not want one’s work given feedback. If you do not want me or anyone else to offer feedback, mention so in the first line of your posted work.

I will be open to all questions, suggestions and comments.

18-Jan-2014 03:36:55 - Last edited on 18-Jan-2014 03:58:43 by Azigarath

Azigarath

Azigarath

Guidelines

There are a few guidelines I wish to mention, please read this part carefully before posting your formatted work.

You may create as much work as you want for this thread; there is no limit to anything, as long as you do not repost the same thing over and over again.

You should not submit nor have any reference to a historical nation, person, religion, religious figure, modern political system, or any movement or ideology, past or present. This is to minimalize possible issues, as well as maximising (and forcing) the use of personal creativity. You are certainly allowed to fictionalise anything in human history or base ideas from it, but just make sure to keep everything in a fantasy or otherworldly setting.

You are allowed to use RuneScape-related content in your work openly.

This thread is for everyone; experienced artists are as welcomed as new artists are. I do not care if someone may be inartistic or unimaginative, as keep in mind that this thread is for personal development; we are here to improve our creativity, not to forge grand masterpieces and impress immortal audiences in an instant. As such, this thread will be a good place to study other work and develop your own. No matter how banal an idea of yours may be, never forget that there is only one of you in the world, and that’s where the true originality is.

Everyone is allowed to offer feedback to all other work in this thread. Criticism and opinions are acceptable as long as you are honest, but just avoid ad hominem attacks. As artists, when we criticize, we are talking about the art, not the person directly.

All posted work is property of its author; you are not allowed to reuse other peoples’ ideas unless you have permission to do so.

I will ignore all spam and flaming, and I suggest everyone to do the same, though I doubt we will see any issues.

18-Jan-2014 03:36:59 - Last edited on 22-Mar-2014 22:32:47 by Azigarath

Azigarath

Azigarath

This is not a competition; this thread will be an on-going project for any and all who wish to participate. You are allowed to come and go as you please, and you will not risk disqualification or any kind of removal for inactivity.

There is no hierarchical system here, nor is there any authority; all who participate are equal regardless of skills, talents or activeness. There are great artists in the real world, and genuine authors in various crafts of artwork, but there are no authorities in art.

I grant freedom to all comers, but keep in mind that all JAGEX rules apply. I am not responsible for loss of work if a Moderator removes posts for breaking rules.

We are focused on creations of adventurous fantasy, where magic, monsters, and mythology can come to life. So please do not include themes that do not really fit the nature of this thread, such as erotica, drugs, or crime mystery.

All work must be set in a world absent of twentieth century technology and beyond. You are allowed to do research of weapons and equipment made from 1899 and back and put them into a fantasy setting if you wish, but you are also welcome to mix eras.

For example, what if flintlock revolvers were held in both hands by a hero who had to fight a group of wizards? How well would musketeers face against animate gargoyles? Could a battery of cannons firing grapeshot decimate a dozen dragons? Perhaps a thick row of pikemen could halt the charge of werewolves in monster form?

What if the Byzantine firethrower was used against elves, setting alight them and their forests? What would happen if eighteenth century grenadiers tossed a flurry of grenades into charging ogres? What if Indian rockets were used against dwarves?

18-Jan-2014 03:37:04 - Last edited on 22-Jan-2014 07:30:46 by Azigarath

Quick find code: 49-50-704-65268736 Back to Top