Forums

Dreamweaver's Assorted Tales

Quick find code: 49-50-691-49415905

Crocefisso

Crocefisso

Posts: 1,385 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I first read the stories on this thread some months ago. Even now, I find myself returning here rather than reading new things. Such is the enduring appeal of your work, Dream. As I've said before (some time ago): Well done.

10-Sep-2010 20:55:55

Dreamweaver
Aug
fmod Member

Dreamweaver

Forum Moderator Posts: 3,790 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
.o~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~o.
<~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ OPERATION SANDSTORM ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~>
'o~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~o'

We meet Jimmy the Chisel in Draynor Village, wriggling backwards through the window of Witch Aggie's house. He could have used the door like normal people, but Jimmy, being on a top-secret mission from Johänhus Ulsbrecht of the HAM group, just couldn't bring himself to do that.
Unfortunately for young Jim, Aggie was bemusedly standing there the whole time as he tried to worm his way in, legs flailing in all directions.
"Need some help, dearie?" she inquired.
A few undignified tugs later and Jimmy tumbled to the floor at the old crone's feet. He scrambled up quickly and brushed himself off.
"Oh mighty witch of Draynor, I come with a critical message from our glorious leader, Commander Ulsbrecht. He has entrusted to me the dangerous mission of expanding our influence eastward, infiltrating the rolling sands of the Kharidian Desert.
"Master Ulsbrecht was very specific in his request. He wanted a brand new arm of the league in this area, the members of which will be referred to as Humans-Against-Monsters Sand-thieves, Sand-warriors and so on. Furthermore, he insisted that we conduct the initial infiltration with witches, which is why I am here today.
"And I have personally coined the codename for this incursion," added Jimmy proudly. "Operation Sandstorm!"
The old crone raised her eyebrows. "Witches, you say? How many?"
"Two initially," replied Jimmy the chisel. "Yourself because we heard you're not afraid of dyeing, and Nora from Taverley because she's got balls. She is on her way to Al Kharid as we speak."
Aggie looked rather nonplussed.
"And why would I want to go out there in the burning heat, getting sand up in my undergarments and who knows what other discomforts for the HAM?"
~continued~

12-Sep-2010 20:34:22 - Last edited on 12-Sep-2010 20:49:07 by Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Aug
fmod Member

Dreamweaver

Forum Moderator Posts: 3,790 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Must we remind you of the protection agreement that we have in place, keeping the Goblins away from this village? It would be a terrible shame if Draynor's inhabitants suffered from the kind of raids and vandalism that goblins habitually cause. Besides, the position includes a limited edition set of sand-proof magenta robes."
"Magenta?"
Jimmy nodded. "Designer purple."
It wasn't much longer before Jimmy had concluded his business with the witch. Aggie, realising that she really had no other choice, had consented to meet Nora at Al Kharid where they would deploy for two weeks as the first Humans-Against Monsters Sand-operatives, gathering intelligence on non-human threats in the area.
Jimmy the Chisel arrived triumphantly back at the HAM base just west of Lumbridge. Walking directly into the Commander's quarters, he opened his mouth to explain excitedly about how he had successfully deployed the two witches to the Kharidian desert, but Johänhus cut him short.
"You were gone for four days, Jimmy! What have you been up to?
"Master, I... I... Taverley for Nora, then Draynor... Our first Sand-w..." he stammered.
"Totally unauthorized!" yelled Johänhus. "It was nearly lunchtime. I just told you to go out and get a couple of ham sandwiches!"

~Dreamweaver~
Sept, 2010

12-Sep-2010 20:34:52 - Last edited on 12-Sep-2010 20:53:03 by Dreamweaver

Quick find code: 49-50-691-49415905 Back to Top