Forums

RuneSpace

Quick find code: 49-50-663-31620033

[#9PE5KKJ52]

[#9PE5KKJ52]

Posts: 10,884 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ardougne gradually begins to shift its way into a world power again, armed with cybernetic clones and new computer and space technology.

Varrock is baffled. How could Ardougne come back from such a great fall? Varrock's average moon colonies begin to seem bland and expensive to the average human, and approximately seventy-thousand people migrate through into Ardougne colonies every day. Now, not only has Ardougne stolen Varrock's wealth and power, but it has stolen its people, too. So Varrock begins to froth and fume, and relations, as they have steadily done for the past two hundred years, began to crumble and fall apart.

Eventually, Varrock discovers Ardougne's sudden savings. The cybernetic clones. Varrock, along with Lumbridge, Draynor, Al-Kharid, Karamja, and the colonies of Varrock plead with Ardougne and its allies, Falador, Yanille, Miscellania, Catherby, Seer'* Village, and Tathenbor (a new, huge city formed over the ruins of Taverly), for the cybernetic cloning technology. Ardougne, half-drunk on power now, refuses. So Varrock decides to take steps. A cloning faciility in Miscellania is suddenly robbed and destroyed, and out of nowhere, cybernetic clones appear in Varrock's streets. Ardougne responds to this military action by placing severe economic and political sanctions on Varrock and its allies.

So Varrock, though it pretends to be beaten by the sanctions, secretly builds a massive army. At the end of a year of quiet preparation, a pushed-over-the-brink Varrock declares war on Ardougne and its allies with an army in excess of eighty-nine million soldiers, thirty million land vehicles, five million spacecraft and ships, and forty million aircraft. Thus, the lands of RuneScape and the colonies in the heavens are plunged into an inter-world war.

Our characters could be either Varrockians or Ardougne soldiers, your choice.

Like it?

04-Nov-2006 05:16:58

[#Z4I81DBPJ]

[#Z4I81DBPJ]

Posts: 2,173 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ok, I misread your first post about the story and thought they were saving Varrock, not saving Ardougne from Varrock.

Anyway, I think we should make a combination, but your combo had a bit too much backstory before the actual war begins. Here's my combo:

Ardougne and Varrock are on shaky ground, in the middle of an arms race, so they've already gathered enormous armies and brought other countries to their sides. Ardougne becomes prosperous by mining rare raw materials on moons, Varrock invades a colony, our heroes escape while it's being destroyed and war begins.

But your first idea about cloning gave me some ideas. A lot of the major enemies in this story could be genetically enhanced creatures. Imagine a genetically enhanced, gigantic, highly-intelligent, half-robotic black dragon or Karamjan special forces that can become invisible at will.

Anyway, going to bed.

04-Nov-2006 07:29:14

[#Z4I81DBPJ]

[#Z4I81DBPJ]

Posts: 2,173 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Backstory is fine as long as it's either interesting or subtly worked into the main story through character's dialogue or flashbacks.

However if we have a gigantic first chapter about economic sanctions and mining raw materials, we might lose the interest of most people.

Ok, so now we need to figure out the plot basics- Since it's a war story, that means:

major battles
traitors
the last battle

04-Nov-2006 16:48:56 - Last edited on 04-Nov-2006 16:50:34 by [#Z4I81DBPJ]

Quick find code: 49-50-663-31620033 Back to Top