Forums

For the hell of war

Quick find code: 49-50-66-58349532

Oss Spy
Jan Member 2022

Oss Spy

Posts: 3,099 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Like a Hero
(NOTE: If you read this section, I highly recommend you look up Gortoz A Ran on youtube and listen to it while you read this story. Think about the music and how it applies to what I've written.)

I decided a speech to the men under my command the night before we went into battle:
“I want you men to know that it has been an honor to serve with you. We are going into battle today in hopes of ending this war. The enemy has nowhere to go and is more dangerous now than ever before. We’re going in and are going to send those mothers to hell. Remember: Leave no man behind.”
We marched from Seers Village to the foot of Trollweiss Mountain in our winter uniforms (Polar Camo.) We climbed up the mountain, waiting for any sign of an ambush waiting for us. We made it halfway up the mountain and nothing happened. We made it to the summit and I looked behind me. Men were still at the a third away from the summit, trailing behind. We marched the last few feet and they charged us. Hundreds of men collided with mine and we fought. The white of the snow was mixed with the red blood of fallen men. Spearmen ran men through with force enough to break any armor, and crossbowmen fired bolts that destroyed bodies and crushed souls.
A Covenant champion single-handedly took out four of my soldiers when he rushed towards me. I unsheathed my sword and swung at his chest, ripping open the cloth covering his plate. He was wielding a two handed sword and chopped at me with it, but I was too fast for him. His weapon plunged through the fresh snow and into the packed ice with a loud crack. He looked at me with his icy blue eyes and I swung my sword into his back, ending him. Another soldier charged me but took an arrow in the back of his head from an archer. I took a look around and saw the horrors of war. Bodies were strewn out and men were using anything available to kill each other.

13-Mar-2009 21:46:06 - Last edited on 19-Sep-2009 04:57:39 by Oss Spy

Oss Spy
Jan Member 2022

Oss Spy

Another soldier swung at me with his longsword, and I brought mine up to block it. Both of our swords were knocked out of our hands. We glanced at our fallen swords, and looked back at each other. At that moment I rammed my elbow into his temple; his eyes rolled into the back of his head and he crumpled. I picked up my sword and as I looked up, I saw an archer take aim at me. Our eyes met, and he released his bowstring...

13-Mar-2009 21:46:14 - Last edited on 03-Jul-2009 21:34:49 by Oss Spy

Oss Spy
Jan Member 2022

Oss Spy

Soldier Boy Please Come Home
Oh little Soldier Boy, please come home.
You went off to war,
Like it was a chore,
Oh little Soldier Boy, please come home.
You signed up to fight,
To keep what is right,
Oh little Soldier Boy,
You went off to war,
Oh little Soldier Boy,
You never came home.

13-Mar-2009 21:46:20 - Last edited on 08-Jul-2009 05:57:15 by Oss Spy

Quick find code: 49-50-66-58349532 Back to Top